Talbots Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Talbots Interview Questions

Updated Jun 6, 2017

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Meyerland, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Talbots (Meyerland, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

About three interviews, which I suppose happens if a manager doesn't feel you are fit for the job. But in the end, they decided to take me in, which I felt very grateful for.

Interview Questions

• Q: What was a difficult experience with a customer, and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Talbots.

Interview

I had three different interviews over the course of a few weeks. One with another assistant manager, the store manager and the district manager. The interview went well. They were friendly and open. I was unsure as to whether my answers would be enough; however I was offered the position. I did have experience but they were interviewing many others during the same time frame that I was being interviewed.

Anonymous Employee in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Talbots (Silver Spring, MD) in January 2016.

Interview

Its straightforward good day lots of questions about experience in retail and other locations o my bad it was liy the property manager and community relations manager megan Fox news After the property manager of highview hameed

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Talbots (Knoxville, TN).

Interview

Process was very easy. Had a first interview that was a resume review and then I went around the store and put together a few outfits. The managers were nice during the process. I received a phone call with in a few days.

Assistant Retail Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Talbots in October 2015.

Interview

I arrived at the scheduled time, only to find Manager who set up the appointment was off!!?? She had forgotten the interview. Asked assistant to talk with me. Friendly woman not prepared to be thrown into situation, but went ahead with interview.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Talbots (Boston, MA).

Interview

Brief Phone screen Followed by in store in person interview. Most question were in regard to my background and resume. Most of interview was fit - talking about past job experience and a S.T.A.R /situation question to see how you would/have approach a situation

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you worked in a team - what went well and what did not go so well and how would you fix that   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Talbots.

Interview

Applied in person talked to managers told us they were opening new location and what the job was all about and what we would be doing if offered the job and wondered if this sounded like something we would be interested in and the process went on from there

Interview Questions

• What makes you want to work for talbot   1 Answer

ASM/Client Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Talbots.

Interview

I was referred by a friend to take over ASM position. I had prior corporate experience and so I was set up for an on-site interview. I had a 1:1 personal conversation with the store manager and was offered the job a few days later. I accepted and have loved every moment since.

Interview Questions

• What makes you right for this position? (Why Talbots?)
      With limited management experience, how do you manage other people?
      What do you plan to accomplish with Talbots?
      1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cabazon, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Talbots (Cabazon, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Spoke with a recruiter, who was surprised I'd answered. We scheduled a phone interview half an hour later! Great phone call. She seemed to actually understand the store manager role. Most I've found know nothing about what a store manager actually does
    She quickly decided to move me to an in person interview with the DM later that day.
    Spent an hour with the DM, we had a great time. Talking business, life and opportunities.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to overcome not making sales plan.   Answer Question

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Forest, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Talbots (Lake Forest, IL) in September 2015.

Interview

I had a brief phone interview with a recruiter from the corporate office then a longer phone interview with the District Manager, the hiring manager. There was no in-person interview, all done long distance by phone. Both people conducting interviews were very professional and personable. Unfortunately, the process did not go further than those two interviews.

Interview Questions

• The usual, "Tell me about yourself."   1 Answer