Talbots Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 20, 2017

2.2

48 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Talbots (Nashville, TN) in December 2014.

Interview

Fairly brief and to the point. Since I had seven years experience I didn't get asked the scenario questions. I knew the manager so she made this very easy. She knew my skill level and what I was capable of doing. She knew what was expected of me at Macy's and Talbots was not the same so I would be a good fit.

Interview Questions

• What salary was I looking for?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Talbots

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Talbots (Birmingham, AL).

Interview

I went into the store and filled out an application. This Talbots was in a mall. After a few days I got the phone call that I had gotten the job. It is a fun place to work.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Talbots in October 2014.

Interview

The interview was pretty straight forward. Why do you want to work for Talbots? What age range do you think Talbots is geared towards? What would you do type of questions. They also want you to be able to sale the Talbots Charge card which is a credit card. I got a call the same day saying I got the job.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Talbots (Chicago, IL).

Interview

This process was easy. It entailed filling out the correct paperwork on site and subsequent interview in store's manager's office area. It was very straight forward, focusing on prior work experience, job expectations on both sides of the table, salary and availability. It was mainly to see if you will fit into the culture of the store and are able to present yourself in a way the reflects positively on the brand. I was offered a job on the spot.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was your standard give your asking price then offered a little less, which was expected.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Talbots in August 2014.

Interview

Filled in application form in store. Followed up at store a week later and met with manager. This was my first interview and really had no clue as to the type of questions I would be asked.

Interview Questions

• What did I know about the company?   1 Answer

Sale Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Talbots (Atlanta, GA) in June 2014.

Interview

I sent in my resume to the Store Manager. She called me back within 1 or 2 weeks to come in for an interview. We sat and interviewed for about 20 mins. She called me back about 2 weeks later offering me a position. About a week later I came in for orientation and paperwork.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience selling credit cards?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didnt really feel the need to negotiate. I felt the offer was reasonable and higher paying then a lot of retail stores.

Anonymous Employee in Farmington, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Talbots (Farmington, CT) in June 2014.

Interview

2 interviews one with assistant manager second with general manager they asking typical interview questions like why do you want to work here and tell Me something about you. And they pretty much told me I how much they were willing to pay me and that I was hired

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I wouldn't call it a negotiation. They asked me how much I got paid at my last job and set a price above that

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Talbots (Columbus, OH).

Interview

I came in for a one-on-one interview with the store's general manager. We sat in her office in the back of the store and spoke for less than half-an-hour about my experience and why I would like to work for her.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

This was an hourly position so there really was no negotiation.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Talbots.

Interview

I was interviewed by two managers: one seemed to be more on the ball than the other. They seemed to be nice people. They didn't offer a very good wage or compensation program.

Interview Questions

The compensation was not as good as another opportunity.

Anonymous Employee in Park City, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Talbots (Park City, UT).

Interview

Very informal; depends a lot on manager. It was pleasant, not intimidating.