Talener Relationship Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 4, 2017

2.4

32 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Relationship Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Talener.

Interview

Three interviews, one phone, two in office and I spoke with 5 managers over the course of the hiring process. Interviews were fairly informal - they just wanted to get a sense of where my head was at rather than specifically talking about skills that I had.

Interview Questions

• Didn't ask much- just wanted to talk about my college experiences   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Talener

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Talener (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

After the initial phone screening, I was brought into the office where I interviewed with the hiring manager of the company. She then had me meet three managers and directors that same day. When I was called in for a second round interview, I met two more individuals. All the interviews felt more like conversations.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Talener (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Started off with a couple of phone interviews from their office in New York, then an on site interview to meet upper management, then another phone interview with one of their directors in New York, and a final on site interview with other relationship managers. Talener is an amazing company and their staff was incredibly straight forward. The interview process was a little long but I was impressed by all of the stories and people I was able to hear from.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions about why you wanted the job, who you are, ect.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Talener (Boston, MA) in May 2016.

Interview

Met with various group managers, all of them were engaging and willing to explain in detail the entry-level role at Talener as well as the overall culture of the company.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Talener (New York, NY).

Interview

I spoke with a director on the phone for about two minutes. I was asked to talk about myself and once I gave them a summary of my experience, I was invited for an in-person interview.

During my onsite interview, I met with three team managers and a VP. They all took different approaches with their tones. One manager came off really strong, one was very friendly, and the last was calm and quieter, letting me do most of the talking. It seemed like they were really looking more at personality than experience.

The VP explained the model for mobility within the company and it seemed like I had already gotten the job before I spoke with him. He really made me think about whether this was going to be the right opportunity and let me know what his concerns were about hiring me. It was a bit intense but probably the best step in the process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Talener (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

I first had a brief preliminary interview with Marina, who invited me for an on site interview. During the on site interview, there was a breakdown as to exactly what to expect in terms of what the day to day schedule was like. I met with two different people.

Interview Questions

Seemed like a revolving door/pyramid scheme to me

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Talener (Boston, MA) in March 2016.

Interview

They were very transparent and honest throughout the entire process. I like the office environment, as well as the young and successful individuals who work here. Had 3 rounds including an in person interview at a college day, and two on-site interviews with the staff.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Talener (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by HR and asked a few basic questions followed by a quick rundown about the position. I scheduled for an onsite interview the following day in Manhattan where I met with a director and manager. I didn't get asked any awkward questions like the othe applicants who posted here. The director gave me a very professional interview discussion my prior work experience, why I'm interested in recruiting etc. The second interviewer was more casual with me. He gave me a very detailed rundown about the typical work day and what to expect from the company. I was then told that HR would contact me about setting up a second interview.

My second interview was set about a week later, where I met with another director and spoke with a few more managers again. It was a good experience talking with the different managers and hearing different stories and experiences about their time at the company.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Talener (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

2 onsite interviews. The first one you meet with a few of the upper management. The second onsite you meet with all the people in management seats. The interview was really good, they explain how they work day to day. They explain compensation and raises.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be in sales?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Talener (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

First was a Phone briefing followed by 2 separate in person interviews and finally a phone interview for the third round. I was asked an extensive list or ridiculous, irrelevant, and illegal questions. I sensed they were trying to gauge how close I was to the IT industry and how they could use me and my resources to make them more money. Seems very cliquish with no real promise of growth in the company

Interview Questions

• I was asked an extensive list of irrelevant and illegal interview questions that did not pertain to the job or job duties. I sensed a strong fraternity like environment with very poor culture and lack of professionalism.
      1.) What do your parents do for work?
      2.) Do you have any siblings, what do they do for work?
      3.) Did you study abroad in college? Have you ever traveled outside of the US?
      4.) Do you party?   Answer Question