Taleo Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 6, 2017

2.8

Refused Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Taleo (Dublin, CA) in December 2011.

Interview

This was a replacement position for a terminated employee. The interview process was reasonably thorough, although I felt that the recruiter was very poor in terms of communication with me and with the general organization of the process.

Pre-Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Taleo (Jacksonville, FL) in October 2011.

Interview

Quick and painless. Two phone interviews, one in person interview. The in-person interview was more for a personality fit and everything went well. I was already familiar with the company because I've been in HCM since 2004 and I knew that I would like the company and the people once I met the manager.

Training Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Taleo (Dublin, OH) in August 2011.

Interview

Well organized and executed. The recruiter was knowledgable about the skill sets required for the job and conducted an effective interview. Hiring Managers were aware of what had occured during interviews with recruiter and other hiring Mangers. Presentation content was well prepared and documented giving me the opportunity to demonstrate my presentation.

Overall process highlighted skills required to perform job duties.

Interview Questions

• The questions asked all seemed relevant for the postion.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Fair and generous.

Vice President Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Taleo (Dublin, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

Taleo had VP of Operations interview me first, then I spoke to Senior Vice President on the phone. I flew to California to see the Chief Executive Officer and his staff in Dublin, California - before a job offer was extended to me. It was nice to see the entire world headquarters. Everyone was nice and professional throughout. Some of the executives wore suit and ties, others wore jacket but no tie. They were very respectfully of my experience and I would work for Michael G. and Neal in a heart beat.

It was a very good experience.

Once receiving the job, I found the Authority level to match the Responsibility level. Very happy with the stock - equity provided by the Oracle acquisition. Fast forward 4 years and Oracle is starting to get serious about providing SaaS solutions to its customer base.

Customer Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Taleo (Dublin, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

An HR screening interview was contacted less than 12 hours after submitting my resume online. It was a very good call, a basic high-level HR call, asking about my background, my interest in the position, my current situation, why I'm looking, and my salary expectations. Aprox. 20-25 min. The interviewer was very polite, very professional, very to the point (not chatty whatsoever), and my guess was probably following a standard script. He gave me positive feedback, stressed the corporate benefits, salary structure and positive work culture, and intimated that I he felt the interview went well and I would be submitted as a candidate for next steps. I was told I would hear back in "1 or 2 days at most," and that their hiring process is very fast, and he stressed "very." That was the last I heard and it's been about 1 week. It could be they're very busy hiring multiple positions, or perhaps I was over-sold on the success of our HR screening interview.

Interview Questions

• None were difficult, but I guess "What is the salary range you are looking for," and he made it clear "not your current salary, rather the salary you want."   Answer Question

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, CA

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Taleo (Dublin, CA) in December 2010.

Interview

I applied on the website and was contacted by a recruiter via email. I had a phone interview with the recruiter and hiring manager. I then went in for a 3 person 4 hour interview. The next week I went back for another interview with the director. I then waited and waited and waited for a response from someone. I called the recruiter several times over the span of a month. He last told me he would get some information and call me back...still waiting on that call. Overall the company is small but looks like a decent place to work. W

In-house Counsel Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

Application

The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Taleo (Pleasanton, CA) in June 2010.

Interview

I found a posting for an intern position with the company through a job search website. Originally, the position was a summer internship working for the in-house counsel of Taleo. However, after I had made repeated phone calls and sent numerous e-mails, their lack of professionalism in addressing candidates broke down our communications. They did not respond for weeks. When I followed up with them about a month after initial discussions of a position, they apologized for their failure in communication and brought me in for in-person interviews. After interviewing one-on-one with four different attorneys, I should have expected to hear nothing back for months. Once again, after I made repeated phone calls and sent numerous e-mails, they refused to respond and communications broke down again. At last I was told that I would hear from them regarding the position in August, 2010 (almost 5 months after starting this process), and I simply never heard back.

The process is extremely disorganized and their interview process was horribly misleading.

Interview Questions

• I don't really know what an intern does in this office, but tell me about why you are interested in working here?   Answer Question
    • There is no way that we'll be able to hire you after your internship, is that going to be a problem?   Answer Question

Systems Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Taleo (Jacksonville, FL) in August 2008.

Interview

Met with the Customer Service Manager and discussed the role and working environment. Also asked what was the lowest salary I would consider. That was the offer, the lowest salary I would take.

Client Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Taleo (Dublin, CA) in June 2007.

Interview

The first interview was a phone interview, asking for basic background information. Where worked, salary, etc. Made it past this first interview, and then set up a second interview in their office in Dublin, CA. I flew up there from southern california, stayed overnight then had a morning interview at their office... which was very nice. The interview was 2 hours long, and was with an employee at that office and a supervisor at one of their offices in Canada... I felt the interview went well, and once again we talked about background , and my knowledge of the company, some hypothetical situation questions. Two hours later , they gave me an IQ test/ short logic test. . Thought I did well on that, but when I followed up, they told me they'd given the job to another candidate. In talking to the supervisor I interviewed with, she told me that I appeared to be qualified for the role...Her manager decided on someone else. Not sure what I bombed out on, but didn't get the job...

Was a little bummed about this, as I was very interested in working there. Anyway... that''s my interview story.

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (Brazil)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Taleo (Pune (Brazil)) in August 2017.

Interview

1st Level - Technical interview: Covers your current projects, programming skills, Your Logical and problem solving Skills
    2nd Level – Technical interview: Same as 1st level, but would cover some of the untouched skills in 1st Level
    3rd Level – Managerial Interview: Would cover your fitment to role. Your Logical and Problem Solving Skills. Technical Skills. Would conclude your selection with this.

I went to the oracle office in pune, and after waiting for sometime called for my first round of interview. It was good the interviewer was friendly and asked the questions and was listening to my answers also he corrected me few times if i made silly mistakes due to nervousness.

second round of interview was not at all good experience as he was firing questions and asking what he was knowing and i can think of it as what he was thinking i should answer.
    after some 5 mins of discussion on my current project and what i have done in my project he asked me one question and asked me to write the answer.

I gave the answer but he was not satisfied and he told me to handle the cases i did that as well but, suddenly he asked me to come with him and told me to leave for the day. Worst experience as i thought i would i have done better.

Interview Questions

• implement power function recursively, handling all the cases with negative exponents as well.   1 Answer
    • 1) What is adaptive/responsive?   Answer Question
    • 2) What is protype in javascript?   Answer Question