Talisman Energy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Talisman Energy Interview Questions

2.8

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Talisman Energy (Pittsburgh, PA) in October 2014.

Interview

I had an interview on campus. The interviewers were extremely nice, and I learned a lot about them as well as let them know about myself. I got the interview through my campus, and had the interview on campus with a couple of my classmates.

Interview Questions

• The activities I was involved in as well as what I was learning in classes that would help with the job.   Answer Question

Supply Chain Analyst I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Talisman Energy (Houston, TX) in August 2014.

Interview

They contact you first and not through the agency. Interview board, they decide and let the interviewee know soon after they have made their decision. Best of luck.

Interview Questions

• What type of oil and gas experience do you have?   1 Answer

Talent Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Talisman Energy (Houston, TX) in April 2014.

Interview

This was a professional and thorough recruiting process. One of the best I've had. Honest and engaging recruiter who knew the company, knew the role, and knew the hiring manager. Follow-up was timely and useful. Recruiter was helpful in explaining the structure of the organization and what to expect during the panel-interview process.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle keeping a project going while org change is happening?   1 Answer

Safety Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Talisman Energy (New York, NY) in February 2011.

Interview

They flew me to the location, put me into a good hotel and had a limo pick me up to take me to the interview. The team was assembled into a room and all asked questions. After the interview I was asked if I wanted to go see some locations, which I said I did. We departed and visited the locations and the interview went on at an informal rate.

Student Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Talisman Energy.

Interview

Telephone interview, with HR rep and your supervisor. Typical interview questions, just practice them but don't be robotic about the answers. Humour was appreciated. They ask for 3 strengths, so be prepared for 3 answers.

Interview Questions

• What was the most challenging conversation you had?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation... I tried.

Architect Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Talisman Energy.

Interview

The interview went well. All kinds of false promises and a very positive picture was given. The questions were not tough. Any experienced candidate should be able to clear the interview. the team was much better when i joined.

Negotiation

that time it was good as they had some very experienced HRD

Student Geologist Interview

Interview

The hiring process started with an informal phone review by someone from HR. The actual interview itself was typical; i.e. hypothetical questions designed to properly assess your personality, work ethic, and likeability.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected. Just Google "Common interview questions" and you will be fine   Answer Question

For a wellsite offer

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Talisman Energy.

Interview

Interview with the heads or team lead. Each take turns asking questions.Interview was an hour long approximately.A mixture of behavioural questions and technical questions. They will usually get back to you quickly too if you were the successful one.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation where you have come up with new ways of doing things in your previous workplace   Answer Question

Geoscience Information Technologist Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Talisman Energy (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in November 2014.

Interview

Interviews from the managers , behavioural question, after interview request for 5 referees which are done online 1 hr interview different question asked and average of 20 questions, call given from the hr then passed on to the management in the department that was applied for

Interview Questions

• What will you do if your manager asked you to use a software you are not familiar with ..   Answer Question

Engineering Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at Talisman Energy.

Interview

I was initially referred by a Talisman employee, this did not work internally, i got selected when referred by a pricy international head hunter. I meet with 6 different highly ranked VPs, more of a social chat than a competency assessment.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

So so