Talisman Energy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Talisman Energy Interview Questions

Updated Nov 15, 2017

2.8

SCM Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jakarta (Indonesia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Talisman Energy (Jakarta (Indonesia)) in November 2015.

Interview

Sent am email to apply for the chance. After 2 weeks, received a call for interview in Jakarta (BEJ Tower). It was the two-stages interview with the HR representative and the SCM Manager. Most of the questions were about the qualifications, related experiences and the knowledge about SCM and Energy.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about SCM specifically for an energy company?   Answer Question

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Talisman Energy (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in February 2012.

Interview

They will set up with phone preliminary interview for screening process and then select few strong candidates for further interviews with hiring managers. The whole process takes over two months.

Interview Questions

• Describe your strength and weaknesses. How can you contribute to the department? Tell us about your work experience.   Answer Question
    • Are you comfortable with Excel VBA and macros?   Answer Question
    • What is your frustration at current role?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Vacation time

Network Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Talisman Energy in June 2013.

Interview

Very direct and to the point. Quite a few technical questions were asked and the process was very well communicated. By the end of the interview I had a good understanding of what they were looking for and we both knew that I was not a right fit for the company.

Interview Questions

• Describe in detail the TCP handshake   1 Answer

Student Contracts Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Talisman Energy (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in December 2011.

Interview

Application was submitted through the website and was contacted by phone from HR to schedule one interview at the head office in downtown Calgary.
    The entire process took about a week and HR contacted within 2-3 days to notify me of an offer that is on the way.

Interview Questions

• Questions were mixed with general + behavioural to about 40:60 allocation.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Talisman Energy (Pittsburgh, PA) in October 2014.

Interview

I had an interview on campus. The interviewers were extremely nice, and I learned a lot about them as well as let them know about myself. I got the interview through my campus, and had the interview on campus with a couple of my classmates.

Interview Questions

• The activities I was involved in as well as what I was learning in classes that would help with the job.   Answer Question

Safety Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Talisman Energy (New York, NY) in February 2011.

Interview

They flew me to the location, put me into a good hotel and had a limo pick me up to take me to the interview. The team was assembled into a room and all asked questions. After the interview I was asked if I wanted to go see some locations, which I said I did. We departed and visited the locations and the interview went on at an informal rate.

Student Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Talisman Energy.

Interview

Telephone interview, with HR rep and your supervisor. Typical interview questions, just practice them but don't be robotic about the answers. Humour was appreciated. They ask for 3 strengths, so be prepared for 3 answers.

Interview Questions

• What was the most challenging conversation you had?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation... I tried.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Talisman Energy (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in January 2011.

Interview

Panel interview, normally at least two, sometimes three people, focused more on your work experience and technical skills, Did not ask too many behavioural questions. Also, they may go with only one interview, not multiple sessions.much You should always be prepared to provide details of your prior work experience, good if you can relate them specifically to the job you are applying for.

Geoscience Information Technologist Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Talisman Energy (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in November 2014.

Interview

Interviews from the managers , behavioural question, after interview request for 5 referees which are done online 1 hr interview different question asked and average of 20 questions, call given from the hr then passed on to the management in the department that was applied for

Interview Questions

• What will you do if your manager asked you to use a software you are not familiar with ..   Answer Question

Architect Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Talisman Energy.

Interview

The interview went well. All kinds of false promises and a very positive picture was given. The questions were not tough. Any experienced candidate should be able to clear the interview. the team was much better when i joined.

Negotiation

that time it was good as they had some very experienced HRD