Talking Rain Beverage Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 24, 2017

2.7

Equipment Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Issaquah, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Talking Rain Beverage Company (Issaquah, WA) in March 2017.

Interview

Quick standard interview. Met with HR and asked me the standard interview questions. Then met with supervisor for the role and asked about the type of employee I would be and future goals.

Senior Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Talking Rain Beverage Company (Bellevue, WA).

Interview

The first step of the interview was a phone call, letting me know they were interviewing 2 months ahead of the hiring process.

The phone call was great and was not standard. The phone call felt more like a becoming friends call that journeyed through past experience.

Interview Questions

• What type of data mining system have I used.   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Talking Rain Beverage Company in February 2017.

Interview

Went through an initial phone screening. Once I passed that, I had a phone interview with a hiring manager. The hiring manager then asked about my background and qualifications. What I liked about the company, industry, etc. Pretty laid back interview overall.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to deal with an unhappy customer.   Answer Question

Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Talking Rain Beverage Company (Seattle, WA) in July 2016.

Interview

The overall process was smooth and efficient: one phone screen with the HR manager, one phone screen with the hiring manager and then I was flown to the HQ to meet with the team (approximately four in-person interviews). The team was transparent about the number of candidates being considered and next steps.

Interview Questions

• Equal parts fit questions and experience questions. Overall, it was more of a conversation than a grueling interview - and I could tell it was important to them to find the right cultural fit to add to their team.   Answer Question

Supply/Chain Logistics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Preston, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Talking Rain Beverage Company (Preston, WA).

Interview

I received a phone call the day after I applied for a brief interview with Human Resources. Following the phone interview I was raised to the next level with managers then to another two levels of management to ensure the right fit for the department.

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Preston, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Talking Rain Beverage Company (Preston, ID) in January 2016.

Interview

I received an email from the HR assistant to schedule an interview with the Payroll and Benefits employee. This interview was a screening to see if I would fit at the company (which in hindsight is kind of obnoxious to not do a phone screening instead of inviting someone all the way to Preston). The interview went well, the girl was engaging and truly got to know me. The following Monday I emailed the HR assistant to get the email address of the person who interviewed me. I wanted to send out a thank you email. She emailed me back and gave me the email address and in the same email she invited me back for a 2nd interview with two brand managers. Mid week the HR assistant notified me that the CMO would be joining the interview and that it was switching to a panel interview, however time scheduling was off and I ended up only interviewing with the brand managers. Now, I don't know if there was miscommunication or what, but I thought I was going to be interviewed by both brand managers at the same time, but it wasn't the case, I ended up interviewing with the first person for 30 mins and the next manager for another 30 mins.

When the first brand manager greeted me she brought me to the marketing building which immediately felt unorganized and kind of scattered. (I literally walked in when someone was shooting a nerf gun, which is awesome, but strange initially). She walked me around trying to find a place to interview me, it was kind of weird, but I went with it and tried to make the most of the unorganized situation. We walked passed the 2nd interviewer in which she asked are you interviewing with me, and he responded "let me check my schedule." He was scheduled to interview me 30 mins later.

When we finally found a place to talk we were interrupted several times throughout the meeting, however the actual meeting was pretty good and she asked me a lot of thought provoking questions.

The second interviewer comes in, completely unprepared. I had an extra resume with me and he asked to have it. He admitted that he hadn't even gone through my resume and basically just winged the whole thing. Even though he winged it I still felt it was a good interview overall and made me think about what I could offer this company.

When the interviews were done it was kind of abrupt and awkward, I said good bye and left. The following Monday, again, I emailed the HR to ask for the emails of both managers to send them a followup-thank you email. I emailed them midweek and got a automated response the following day saying they went with someone with more experience.

My overall experience was good but I felt that they were looking for a miracle worker. I know I have the skills, capability and personality to be a successful marketing coordinator but I think I may have not answered the questions the way they wanted. If you're interviewing here, come prepared.

Interview Questions

• What is one brand you like? Why? What do they do that you like?   Answer Question
    • What skills do you think makes a good marketing coordinator ? brand manager?   Answer Question
    • What is one campaign that sticks out to you? What makes it stick out?   Answer Question
    • If you had 2 task with the same importance, that had the same deadline how would you go about finishing both at the same time? How do you pick which one is more important to finish first?   Answer Question
    • Give me an example of when you were a go-getter? multi-tasker?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Preston, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Talking Rain Beverage Company (Preston, WA) in January 2016.

Interview

Very efficient- the HR assistant scheduled interviews, followed-up about my status, and answered all questions I had promptly. Very helpful and great customer service!

Although I didn't get the job, my experience was still positive. I met wit their payroll admin, generalist, and hr manager at different times- all were warm and welcoming. They had pretty standard questions all around, some of them asking the same questions, but I think the questions were "easy" due to the position being entry level. It seemed they were trying to gauge my personality rather than skill-set.

Intern Interview

Interview

Basic questions. Just the standard questions, strengths/weaknesses. Why would you be a good fit at the company? The interview process is somewhat easier than a large company because there are fewer applicants. Overall a great company to work for.

Digital Marketing Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Preston, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Talking Rain Beverage Company (Preston, WA) in October 2015.

Interview

Interview process lasted 45 days from initial in-person screen to calling references. I participated in 3 on-site interviews and an additional meeting with a contracted marketing consultant. I also sent a portfolio of content samples after the final on-site. Talking Rain has a solid product and has hired smart, driven people who don't take themselves too seriously. The interview process contained a good mix of skill-based and culture fit questions. Every individual I spoke to was warm, courteous and engaged.

That being said, I have NEVER been treated as poorly as a final round candidate than I did at Talking Rain. After a near two month loop, I received an automated email with no feedback when the company went with another candidate. When I called the office to ask for some clarity, my phone call was deflected to voicemail by reception. Additionally, my references contacted me expressing concern about their conversations with the HR assistant who conducted the interview coordination. They warned me that their conversations were very surface-level and they felt they weren't given the chance to put weight behind my skills. I was really disappointed that the individual conducting a crucial portion of the hiring process had no business impact to the marketing team.

This was a very strange experience for me. Talking Rain certainly did not act with integrity in this process and my efforts to communicate after entering the final steps of the hiring process were met with leading language and dishonesty. Be careful here!

Interview Questions

• How do you handle social media emergencies?
      Who is Talking Rain speaking to through social?
      How could Talking Rain expand its social efforts?
      Answer Question

Director of IT Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Talking Rain Beverage Company in September 2014.

Interview

Very unprofessional process. I was initially contacted via phone and asked to come in for a first round interview. I met with the HR manager who knew absolutely nothing about IT nor was properly suited to conduct an interview of a Sr. level manager. The interview was horrible. The questions were very pedestrian and were not relevant at all. I was told that there were a couple of other candidates that were scheduled to be screened and that I would be contacted at some within a week for a decision on next steps. THat was 5 weeks ago! I have sent an email and still no response. Very unprofessional and very telling of what would be in store working for that company. If for some reason this HR manager thinks that my 15 years of experience managing and leading IT organizations isn't worthy of a second round of interviews than the least she could do is send me an email thanking me for the time I spent interviewing with them.