Talking Rain Beverage Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Talking Rain Beverage Company Interview Questions

Updated Aug 28, 2017

2.5

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Talking Rain Beverage Company.

Interview

Three phone interviews and one in person. The interview process was a complete lie - they mislead you to thinking it is a sales role and its really a stock / merchandising role. Had they been truthful in the interview process, I would have never accepted. waste of time.

Associate Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Talking Rain Beverage Company (Portland, OR) in July 2017.

Interview

Phone interview screening process. The interviewer had a strange condescending attitude. After 10 minutes into the interviewer I didn't want the position no more if this was how their recruiter was.

Equipment Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Issaquah, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Talking Rain Beverage Company (Issaquah, WA) in March 2017.

Interview

Quick standard interview. Met with HR and asked me the standard interview questions. Then met with supervisor for the role and asked about the type of employee I would be and future goals.

Senior Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Talking Rain Beverage Company (Bellevue, WA).

Interview

The first step of the interview was a phone call, letting me know they were interviewing 2 months ahead of the hiring process.

The phone call was great and was not standard. The phone call felt more like a becoming friends call that journeyed through past experience.

Interview Questions

• What type of data mining system have I used.   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Talking Rain Beverage Company in February 2017.

Interview

Went through an initial phone screening. Once I passed that, I had a phone interview with a hiring manager. The hiring manager then asked about my background and qualifications. What I liked about the company, industry, etc. Pretty laid back interview overall.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to deal with an unhappy customer.   Answer Question

Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Talking Rain Beverage Company (Seattle, WA) in July 2016.

Interview

The overall process was smooth and efficient: one phone screen with the HR manager, one phone screen with the hiring manager and then I was flown to the HQ to meet with the team (approximately four in-person interviews). The team was transparent about the number of candidates being considered and next steps.

Interview Questions

• Equal parts fit questions and experience questions. Overall, it was more of a conversation than a grueling interview - and I could tell it was important to them to find the right cultural fit to add to their team.   Answer Question

Supply/Chain Logistics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Preston, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Talking Rain Beverage Company (Preston, WA).

Interview

I received a phone call the day after I applied for a brief interview with Human Resources. Following the phone interview I was raised to the next level with managers then to another two levels of management to ensure the right fit for the department.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Talking Rain Beverage Company (Seattle, WA) in March 2016.

Interview

Talking Rain first did a "resume collection" through my school and selected 10 people to interview based on resumes alone. Their General Counsel then came to my school and conducted 20 minutes interviews that were all over the map and less about my qualifications and more if I would be able to make it out to their headquarters to work every day. After that, I never heard a word from the company, whether the wanted a second interview or whether I hand't gotten the job. It's been 2 years now, so I assume I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

• Do you know where DuPont is and can you get there or is it too far for you?   1 Answer

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Preston, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Talking Rain Beverage Company (Preston, ID) in January 2016.

Interview

I received an email from the HR assistant to schedule an interview with the Payroll and Benefits employee. This interview was a screening to see if I would fit at the company (which in hindsight is kind of obnoxious to not do a phone screening instead of inviting someone all the way to Preston). The interview went well, the girl was engaging and truly got to know me. The following Monday I emailed the HR assistant to get the email address of the person who interviewed me. I wanted to send out a thank you email. She emailed me back and gave me the email address and in the same email she invited me back for a 2nd interview with two brand managers. Mid week the HR assistant notified me that the CMO would be joining the interview and that it was switching to a panel interview, however time scheduling was off and I ended up only interviewing with the brand managers. Now, I don't know if there was miscommunication or what, but I thought I was going to be interviewed by both brand managers at the same time, but it wasn't the case, I ended up interviewing with the first person for 30 mins and the next manager for another 30 mins.

When the first brand manager greeted me she brought me to the marketing building which immediately felt unorganized and kind of scattered. (I literally walked in when someone was shooting a nerf gun, which is awesome, but strange initially). She walked me around trying to find a place to interview me, it was kind of weird, but I went with it and tried to make the most of the unorganized situation. We walked passed the 2nd interviewer in which she asked are you interviewing with me, and he responded "let me check my schedule." He was scheduled to interview me 30 mins later.

When we finally found a place to talk we were interrupted several times throughout the meeting, however the actual meeting was pretty good and she asked me a lot of thought provoking questions.

The second interviewer comes in, completely unprepared. I had an extra resume with me and he asked to have it. He admitted that he hadn't even gone through my resume and basically just winged the whole thing. Even though he winged it I still felt it was a good interview overall and made me think about what I could offer this company.

When the interviews were done it was kind of abrupt and awkward, I said good bye and left. The following Monday, again, I emailed the HR to ask for the emails of both managers to send them a followup-thank you email. I emailed them midweek and got a automated response the following day saying they went with someone with more experience.

My overall experience was good but I felt that they were looking for a miracle worker. I know I have the skills, capability and personality to be a successful marketing coordinator but I think I may have not answered the questions the way they wanted. If you're interviewing here, come prepared.

Interview Questions

• What is one brand you like? Why? What do they do that you like?   Answer Question
    • What skills do you think makes a good marketing coordinator ? brand manager?   Answer Question
    • What is one campaign that sticks out to you? What makes it stick out?   Answer Question
    • If you had 2 task with the same importance, that had the same deadline how would you go about finishing both at the same time? How do you pick which one is more important to finish first?   Answer Question
    • Give me an example of when you were a go-getter? multi-tasker?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Preston, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Talking Rain Beverage Company (Preston, WA) in January 2016.

Interview

Very efficient- the HR assistant scheduled interviews, followed-up about my status, and answered all questions I had promptly. Very helpful and great customer service!

Although I didn't get the job, my experience was still positive. I met wit their payroll admin, generalist, and hr manager at different times- all were warm and welcoming. They had pretty standard questions all around, some of them asking the same questions, but I think the questions were "easy" due to the position being entry level. It seemed they were trying to gauge my personality rather than skill-set.