Tampa Electric Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Tampa Electric Interview Questions

4.0

Middle Management - Energy Supply Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tampa Electric (Tampa, FL) in September 2009.

Interview

Once the external recruiter presented me to the HR department, I was contacted and a 2 day interview was scheduled.

Day one consisted of "targeted selection" interviews with 3 different individuals. You are interviewed by the hiring manager or director, and two of his/her peers at similar levels of management that you will likely have contact with if you are hired. After introductions, each of the 3 separate interviews (1 hour each) consist of "essay type" questions (no yes or no answers) where you are asked to provide real life examples of how you handled various issues throughout your career. "Give me an example of a time when you had to deliver bad news to your supervisor and how did you handle it" or "What is your greatest weakness and what are you doing about it?" Each of the 3 interviewers will ask you similar questions, though not the same. They each will rate your answers and then meet to compare notes and rank you on how well you answered the questions. This is called consensus. Your interview performance will be rated against other applicants that have been similarly interviewed.

Day two consisted of a morning full of testing by the HR department. The online manager's intelligence test, and online psychological profile test were short. The "inbox exercise" took 2 or 3 hours. Make sure that you read each page of the presented scenario in the "inbox exercise" before starting to perform the tasks presented. The last "assignment" is the most crucial and time consuming, and if you don't complete it, you lose major points.

If they want you and make an offer, it will be contingent upon successful background check, drug screening, and medical examination (for jobs with physical requirements).

Interview Questions

• Describe your 3 greatest strengths.   Answer Question
    • What personal characteristics are necessary for success in this position and why?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The company was flexible on vacation time and salary. I was able to obtain an extra week and a extra few thousand from the initial offer. Signing bonus, $ for relocation and temporary housing allowance may be negotiable as well.

Information Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Tampa Electric (Tampa, FL) in April 2010.

Interview

Technical phone screening, and then a behavior based interview with at least 3 different people.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when something you planned, pr worked on did not go as expected?   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was fairly straight forward. Just ask for what you're looking for, and go from there.

Budget Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tampa Electric (Tampa, FL) in August 2012.

Interview

The interview process could be stressed. TECO use behavioral interview performed by at least three different managers and everyone will ask you about 10 questions. By the time I was with my third interviewer. I run out of good examples and I was worn out. In addition, you might have to take a Microsoft Office exam and probably some others.
    TECO will also take copies of all your diplomas and certifications.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember very well the questions I was asked but there were similar to:

Tell me about a time you could not finish a task on time. What did you do?
      Tell me about a time that you saw something unethical. What did you do?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate and I got a hiring bonus.