Tampa General Hospital Registered Nurse Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Tampa General Hospital Registered Nurse Interview Questions

Interviews at Tampa General Hospital

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Tampa General Hospital (Tampa, FL) in September 2014.

Interview

Easy. Interviewed and was hired within a couple of days. Almost everyone in my graduating class from nursing school received jobs. The only people who didn't failed the very arbitrary personality assessment. In fact some who failed were top students in nursing school and performed extremely well in their clinicals and have gone on to have successful careers. My advice would be to dump the personality assessment.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Tampa General Hospital

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tampa General Hospital (Tampa, FL) in July 2015.

Interview

After the application was submitted, I got a call about 2 weeks later for an interview. It was a panel of 6 people. They said I would hear back between 1 and 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• If I had a lazy co worker who kept asking me to do do things while they were just sleeping. What would I do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tampa General Hospital (Tampa, FL) in September 2015.

Interview

Process all together took a little over a month. Applied online. Got a call from HR said she was forwarding my resume to the applied departments. Got a call from 2 of them with in 3 days. Interview was easy and only a few questions were asked. Received a call the day after with an offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Didn't try to negotiate. Pay rate was lower than an area hospital offered me

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tampa General Hospital (Tampa, FL) in February 2014.

Interview

Prompt response to application for position, interview with staff and assistant manager where roles were discussed along with work relationships and expectations in job role. Positive feedback during interview process.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about conflict in previous positions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I had researched the company and surrounding companies to know what the base salary should be and was offered a higher rate than I expected along with the possibility of increases within the next year based on performance.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tampa General Hospital (Tampa, FL) in May 2011.

Interview

Very profetional, top of the line in everything i saw. One interview and i was hired straight off the bat. Good place to meet real good people

Interview Questions

• They give u a patient scenerio and ask u "what would u do for this pt?, or "what med would u give em?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tampa General Hospital (Tampa, FL) in July 2015.

Interview

Phone interview first with recruiter, then face-to-face interview with Clinician and Unit Manager. Interview with recruiter was super easy...just a general tell me about yourself question, then reviewed types of units that were hiring and what would be best fit for me. Interview with Clinician and Unit Manager was 75% them telling me what floor was like, and then just a couple of questions about myself and my work experience, and why I wanted to work at there. Received an offer next business day.

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell us about yourself
      2. Experience
      3. "Time when...." type questions   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Tampa General Hospital in August 2018.

Interview

I applied online. Was contacted by HR about 2 weeks later to schedule an interview. The nurse manager and 1 other person interviewed me. Then I was shown around the unit and was asked if I could stay for a second interview. Asked A LOT of questions!

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tampa General Hospital.

Interview

Many getting to know you questions and a few clinical scenarios. No wrong answers. but be prepared to justify your critical thinking that brought you to the answer. The best thing to do is take your time to answer and explain if you are not sure why.