Target Administrative Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Target Administrative Assistant Interview Questions

3.8

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Applied online, had employee referral. Phone screen. Brought onsite for one on one interviews. Behavioral based (SBO, CAR, STAR). Interview questions were difficult, the interviewees made it easy. Had a great rapport.

Interview Questions

• handling conflict, handle priorities, what will your former manager miss about you.   1 Answer

Negotiation

not an option. basically it was 20% higher than what I was making before, so what was the problem?

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Minneapolis, MN) in January 2013.

Interview

Interview process was grueling. First the phone interview with the behavioral Questions read to me and then paused while the person wrote down the answers. In person interview was a train of people asking and writing down more behavioral questions, some questions were repeats.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about a time".....where it was something I never encountered. I told them I never had a time like that and I felt like they wanted me to make up an answer. (ie. Tell me about a time that your direct reports weren't in line with your goals for a project. I never had direct reports since I was administrative. I felt like they were not in touch with who they were interviewing.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Broadview, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Target (Broadview, IL) in April 2010.

Interview

Process consisted of Phone Screen, Phone Interview, Intermediate Interview and 3rd round with direct report. All three interviews were Behavioral Evaluation Interviews, Phone screen & interview was with recruiter, Intermediate interview was with HR manager and a general VP, face2face was with Dir and HR VP. People were nice and courteous, seemed like it would be nice to work for. I was extremely qualified for the position. Although starting pay was lower than I had anticipated, it seemed that growth potential was solid. In the end it was all bout the personality of the person I would be supporting. He needed a specific sort of individual and I didn't meet his criteria. Follow up was a cold message letting me know that I wasn't selected. I returned the call and thanked them for the opportunity but let them know that I was not surprised that I wasn't selected because it seemed the director needed someone who was an exact fit. They thanked me for my feed back.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time where you had to make a decision that you didn't like.   Answer Question
    • Give me an example of a time where you needed to show leadership.   Answer Question

Administrative Assist Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target in September 2009.

Interview

I had a phone interview with an HR recruiter. She wanted me to come in right away for a 2nd interview. The questions were: strengths, weakness, tell me a time when I felt rushed, tell me a time when I had a conflict with a fellow employee, tell me a time when my supervisor had to talk to me about something I was doing wrong, tell me a time when I was part of a team, tell me a time when I was effective, and tell me a time when I had a goal to meet.

I go tomorrow for the 2nd interview. I take the assessment test and interview with an HR Specialist, Senior Group Manager and VP Admin Assist.