Target Assistant Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 15, 2017

2.8

15 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Phoenix, AZ) in August 2017.

Interview

It was about a ten minute phone interview with a very nice lady. She told me her backstory and how she eventually ended up where she was as a human resources manager. She mainly asked me about my past education/experience, strengths/weaknesses, and how flexible my schedule was. The questions were very general and it seemed that she wanted to talk for as long as I possibly could.

Interview Questions

• What made you interested in pursuing a career with Target?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (North Chicago, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

Was emailed by HR and set up a in person interview, was ushered to a room and interviewed (grilled) by 3 managers who seemed to take pleasure in making me uncomfortable with their questions. Very rapid fire and back to back with questions, sometimes one rewording same question right after the other. I am experienced and have been through other group interviews and never felt that they were trying to make you uncomfortable before.

Assistant Manager Interview

Interview

Had one phone interview which was supposed to be 30 minutes but it was only 6 minutes. But somehow they invited me to another interview with 2 Store managers at a time. then i met the district manager.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Collins, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Target (Fort Collins, CO) in March 2014.

Interview

I went to a career fair at my school and was told my resume would be reviewed and I would receive a phone call if they liked my resume. A few days later I was scheduled for a phone interview. The interview was just a list of behavioral based questions. At the end the recruiter ask me if I had any questions. I never heard back from them after the phone call.

Assistant Manager Interview

Interview

Called 30 minutes late

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

The STAR method of questioning. Make sure to reference one specific situation and highlight your role and the results. Have some high level examples in your mind to refer to. There will be several levels of interviews with upper management. If you do well you may be considered for a higher position and the process may begin again.

Interview Questions

• What type of recommendation would your previous job give you and why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (Pleasanton, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

Phone interview from someone from their corporate office. They sent out a packet and it followed by in person interview. Manager was very rude. I had worked for a direct competitor previously and he berated that company and said I would not have the skills to be successful.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you will be a good fit for this position?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Target (Burbank, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

The interview process was quite short, 2 interviews for entry level, and then 2 other for management. your first interview would be with your sales floor leader and then second with the Executive team lead.
    For management it would with, an executive team lead and then with the store manager

Interview Questions

• They ask a lot of questions about how you would handle certain situations. So when you come to the interviews be prepared with case and scenario questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, you either take the hourly rate they offer you or the move on to the next person. Same when it comes to management regardless of your experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target (Miami, FL) in October 2011.

Interview

I applied for the Assistant Manager Trainee Program at Target through my university. A week after handing in my resume at a career fair, I received an email stating that I was a potential candidate. I was asked to fill out the application online, and complete a 94 question online assesment thereafter. The assesment was a bit difficult. It contined analytical, behavioral, and math based questions. Throughout the process, I received an email requesting a phone interview. The interviewer was extremely polite, and very nice. The first question was to tell him about myself, then he asked me why I wanted to work at Target. The third question was why I would be a good fit for the company, then he asked what were my career goals and where I saw myself in 5 years. The next series of questions were behavioral based like" Can you think of a time where you had to make a difficult decision at work? Can you think of a school or work project that you recently worked on and what was the outcome? Did you ever have a problem with anyone at work and how did you handle the situation? Can you tell me about a situation at work or school were you had to help one of your peers with a work/school conflict? Lastly, he asked me if I had ever made a mistake or a wrong decision at work and what I learned from it. Then of course he asked me if I had any questions! The interview was about 20-30 mins. The next step is to wait to see if I hear from them in the next couple of days. I hope my review is helpful! : )

Interview Questions

• Did you ever have a problem with anyone at work and how did you handle th esituation?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever made a mistake at work or made a wrong desicion? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Bernardino, CA

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (San Bernardino, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

Started with a phone Interview
    Next step was another phone interview
    Then I met with the District Manager.

Everyone was nice. In the end I didn't get an offer but I would rate the experience as positive. Every question is "Tell me about a time when..."

I didn't hear back for a while so when I emailed my recruiter I was responded to with a cut copy paste rejection letter.