Target Backroom Team Member Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 18, 2017

2.2

89 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Valencia, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target (Valencia, CA).

Interview

This was hiring event they were promoting, however the process consisted of 3 interviews. You wait in the briefing room with others who have also applied until you are called for your first interview.
Each one was with a different person, they had a couple of questions ranging from why you would like this job to what would you bring to the team.
As soon as the interviews were over, the people who got to the third interview were offered a job while the others were told to apply again next time.
They then have you take a general quiz after which entails what you need to know. This is taken with everyone in the group that is left.

Interview Questions

• What was one way you overcame a difficult situation and how did it resolve?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Anonymous Employee in Swansea, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Swansea, MA) in April 2017.

Interview

A 2 step interviewing process. First interview will be a bunch of situational questions that will need to be answered with your prior experiences. If you get the job you will be moved forward to a second interview.

Interview Questions

• When was there a time that you had to work with a person who you had a personal disagreement with and how did you get past it to complete the goal   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fontana, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Target (Fontana, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

The first interview is by a manager asking questions and filling out forms based on your response. Then a second interview by human resources the same as first. If hired you will be notified right there and then with condition of background check and / or drug screening.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to work with someone you didn't like and how you managed to work together and outcome   Answer Question

Backroom Team Member Interview

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

I applied inline and received a phone call 2 days later to schedule a phone interview for the following day.

I received a call the next day and was asked pretty standard retail interview questions. I was then scheduled for an in person interview for the following day and asked almost the next exact same type of question.

I was given a conditional offer pending a background check and was told to report for orientation the following Monday.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer and how you handled the situation.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Backroom Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

I filled out the application online then about a week later I received a call from HR saying they had a few questions for me so i called back and they asked me to come in for an interview 2 days later. Had 2 different interviews back to back consisting of about 5 questions each and my availabilty. Then got a job offer immediatly after pending my backround check

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer. What was the outcome   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online I then got a call a day later, on a Sunday to briefly discuss my application and do a quick phone interview. This interview was easy asking questions referring to my availability and when I could start. I was scheduled to come in to the store's Human resources department for an in person interview. This lasted roughly 30 minutes with one of the store's managers. Bonus points if you arrive 15 minutes early.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you and someone else disagreed on something and how that was resolved?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Target (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Easy and fast they didn't ask to many questions it was a group interview we all sign out paperwork and we was out of there in 4 hours and after that came back did my background and once everything clear I was good

Interview Questions

• First thing they ask. How many years you have in retail   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Daly City, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Daly City, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied to the target at Daly City, CA online at 11:00am yesterday (09/08/16) and at 2:00pm of the same day they called me. I didn't even expect it to be that fast considering almost everyone else on here got a call a few days/weeks after submitting the application.

We scheduled for an interview for Friday (09/09/16) at 10:00am. I went to target about ten minutes before the scheduled interview and waited in the waiting room for about 15 minutes till they called me.

This was my first interview so I was a bit nervous and my palms were sweating a bit but the interviewer was really chill and really positive so that made my confidence boost up. Also when putting my elbows on the table and placing my arms in a professional way made me feel less nervous than just placing my arms below and fidgeting my hands around.

The questions were not too difficult, they were just questions about myself and a couple scenarios.Since I had no other job experience, I answered with my High school and Volunteer experiences to answer the questions. It was weird that the interviewer didn't ask me any scenario questions about the store like "If a customer is angry at you, what do you do in that situation". So I guessed that the 2nd Interviewer was going to tell me about it.

After the 1st Interview, I was sat down back at the break room for 10 minutes until the 2nd Interviewer comes in.

The 2nd Interviewer was really chill like the first one but instead of sitting at a small table with regular metal chairs, It was at an office with office chairs. This guy was really nice and laid back. He didn't make me feel nervous.

The questions he asked was like the first one. He asked "Tell me about you" and scenario questions but they still weren't about specific employee at Target situations but generic one. But at the end, The interview lasted about 15 minutes and had a really nice interview experience.

Edit: I am typing this right after I've had the interview so I am checking "No I didn't get the job" unless told otherwise

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Target (Boston, MA).

Interview

It was about 15 minutes with 2 people interviewing. Basically ask situational questions. Nothing difficult. I think they kind of needed people, so no matter how you answer the question you would get hired anyway. I didn't accept the offer because i didn't want to work at night.

Anonymous Employee in Deerfield Beach, FL

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target (Deerfield Beach, FL) in July 2016.

Interview

Came in 30-40 minutes early in business casual, had 3 separate interviews one after the other. Each person who interviewed me were very professional and super kind, especially the HR lady. The who process was professional and the questions were mostly scenario-based questions. Overall, I was satisfied with the process and obviously the result.

Interview Questions

• Tell my about a time you disagreed with someone but came together to find a resolution.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate because the pay was better than I expected for my first job.