Target Backroom Team Member Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Target Backroom Team Member Interview Questions

Updated Dec 28, 2016

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Fontana, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Target (Fontana, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

The first interview is by a manager asking questions and filling out forms based on your response. Then a second interview by human resources the same as first. If hired you will be notified right there and then with condition of background check and / or drug screening.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to work with someone you didn't like and how you managed to work together and outcome   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Backroom Team Member Interview

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

I applied inline and received a phone call 2 days later to schedule a phone interview for the following day.

I received a call the next day and was asked pretty standard retail interview questions. I was then scheduled for an in person interview for the following day and asked almost the next exact same type of question.

I was given a conditional offer pending a background check and was told to report for orientation the following Monday.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer and how you handled the situation.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Backroom Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

I filled out the application online then about a week later I received a call from HR saying they had a few questions for me so i called back and they asked me to come in for an interview 2 days later. Had 2 different interviews back to back consisting of about 5 questions each and my availabilty. Then got a job offer immediatly after pending my backround check

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer. What was the outcome   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online I then got a call a day later, on a Sunday to briefly discuss my application and do a quick phone interview. This interview was easy asking questions referring to my availability and when I could start. I was scheduled to come in to the store's Human resources department for an in person interview. This lasted roughly 30 minutes with one of the store's managers. Bonus points if you arrive 15 minutes early.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you and someone else disagreed on something and how that was resolved?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Target (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Easy and fast they didn't ask to many questions it was a group interview we all sign out paperwork and we was out of there in 4 hours and after that came back did my background and once everything clear I was good

Interview Questions

• First thing they ask. How many years you have in retail   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Daly City, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Daly City, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied to the target at Daly City, CA online at 11:00am yesterday (09/08/16) and at 2:00pm of the same day they called me. I didn't even expect it to be that fast considering almost everyone else on here got a call a few days/weeks after submitting the application.

We scheduled for an interview for Friday (09/09/16) at 10:00am. I went to target about ten minutes before the scheduled interview and waited in the waiting room for about 15 minutes till they called me.

This was my first interview so I was a bit nervous and my palms were sweating a bit but the interviewer was really chill and really positive so that made my confidence boost up. Also when putting my elbows on the table and placing my arms in a professional way made me feel less nervous than just placing my arms below and fidgeting my hands around.

The questions were not too difficult, they were just questions about myself and a couple scenarios.Since I had no other job experience, I answered with my High school and Volunteer experiences to answer the questions. It was weird that the interviewer didn't ask me any scenario questions about the store like "If a customer is angry at you, what do you do in that situation". So I guessed that the 2nd Interviewer was going to tell me about it.

After the 1st Interview, I was sat down back at the break room for 10 minutes until the 2nd Interviewer comes in.

The 2nd Interviewer was really chill like the first one but instead of sitting at a small table with regular metal chairs, It was at an office with office chairs. This guy was really nice and laid back. He didn't make me feel nervous.

The questions he asked was like the first one. He asked "Tell me about you" and scenario questions but they still weren't about specific employee at Target situations but generic one. But at the end, The interview lasted about 15 minutes and had a really nice interview experience.

Edit: I am typing this right after I've had the interview so I am checking "No I didn't get the job" unless told otherwise

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Target (Boston, MA).

Interview

It was about 15 minutes with 2 people interviewing. Basically ask situational questions. Nothing difficult. I think they kind of needed people, so no matter how you answer the question you would get hired anyway. I didn't accept the offer because i didn't want to work at night.

Anonymous Employee in Deerfield Beach, FL

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target (Deerfield Beach, FL) in July 2016.

Interview

Came in 30-40 minutes early in business casual, had 3 separate interviews one after the other. Each person who interviewed me were very professional and super kind, especially the HR lady. The who process was professional and the questions were mostly scenario-based questions. Overall, I was satisfied with the process and obviously the result.

Interview Questions

• Tell my about a time you disagreed with someone but came together to find a resolution.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate because the pay was better than I expected for my first job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kapolei, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Kapolei, HI) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied online and called 3 days later to follow up on the application. Received a call 5 days later asking if I was still interested, and why I wanted to work for Target. HR set up an appointment for me to be interviewed 3 days after that. I came in 10 min early, but ended up having to wait an extra 30 min sitting in the office as they were busy. My interviewer came in and brought me to a room with a table and 3 chairs, sat me down and said he'd be right back. He brought another team member to sit with us through the interview. She didn't say anything until the end when I asked them questions, not sure why she was there but it didn't put me off or anything. I answered everything honestly and the questions were easy -- mostly situational questions. I think the interview went very well, but at the end my interviewer told me they have a few other applicants to get through so HR will be giving me a call if I got the job. Waited 3 days and woke up this morning to an email saying they appreciate my interest but could not offer me a position at this time.

Interview Questions

• -Why do you want to work at Target, and not Kmart or Walmart?
      Then the situational-type questions:
      -Tell us about a time you were interrupted, and how did you get around it?
      -Tell us about a time that you had to motivate others around you to do well?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Warrenville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target (Warrenville, IL).

Interview

Went through a series of three interviews within about an hour with three different people. Takes a while to get managers to come interview you though they put you on a computer to answer some questions while you are waiting.

Interview Questions

• Give a time where you were faced with a conflict at work and what did you do?   Answer Question
Employer Interview Review Title Location Interview Question
Target Backroom Team Member Interview Fontana, CA Describe a time when you had to work with someone you didn't like and how you managed to work together and outcome
Target Backroom Team Member Interview Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer and how you handled the situation.
Target Backroom Team Member Interview Explain a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer. What was the outcome
Target Backroom Team Member Interview Chicago, IL Describe a time you and someone else disagreed on something and how that was resolved?
Target Backroom Team Member Interview Chicago, IL First thing they ask. How many years you have in retail
Target Backroom Team Member Interview Daly City, CA Tell me about yourself?
Target Backroom Team Member Interview Daly City, CA What are your strengths?
Target Backroom Team Member Interview Daly City, CA What is something you can improve on?
Target Backroom Team Member Interview Daly City, CA If you and someone else disagreed about a project, how would you handle it?
Target Backroom Team Member Interview Daly City, CA If someone interrupts you, how did you handle it?
Target Backroom Team Member Interview Boston, MA Tell me a time when....
Target Backroom Team Member Interview Deerfield Beach, FL Tell my about a time you disagreed with someone but came together to find a resolution.
Target Backroom Team Member Interview Kapolei, HI -Why do you want to work at Target, and not Kmart or Walmart? -What experience do you have that qualifies you for the position you're applying for? Then the situational-type questions: -Tell us about a time that you had a conflict with another employee or management, and how did you solve it? -Tell us about a time you were interrupted, and how did you get around it? -Tell us about a time that you required help from someone more experienced than you. -Tell us about a time that you had to motivate others around you to do well?
Target Backroom Team Member Interview Warrenville, IL Give a time where you were faced with a conflict at work and what did you do?