Target Interview Questions in Baltimore, MD | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 24, 2017

2.6

Apparel Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Owings Mills, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (Owings Mills, MD) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online which was fairly simple and included an assessment. I applied for two positions. The following day I received a phone call to come in for an interview. The entire interview consisted of 5 questions. Be prepared to answer behavioral type questions. I had four behavioral interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Target?   Answer Question
    • Explain a situation where you and a colleague had a dispute about how to do a particular job and how did you resolve the conflict?   Answer Question

Target Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Baltimore, MD) in July 2016.

Interview

Process took about 3 weeks. I applied online and called in after not receiving a call. They then scheduled me for a phone interview which was 3 days later , the phone interview included situation type questions "Tell me a time when.." after the interview I was scheduled to come in for a face to face interview the following week and was told I would be called to tell me what time to come in. Days went by and no call so I again called in and they rescheduled my interview for the following week at 3. When I got there they sent me to the back where I was told that the person who conducts interviews may not be back from vacation , after an hour and 15 minutes of waiting after my interview was initially scheduled (I should have left) they just got someone else to do it. Very Unprofessional

Food Ave Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glen Burnie, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Target (Glen Burnie, MD) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied Monday morning and had an interview 4 days later (Friday). My first interview was with the Trainer in the food ave it was pretty cool , laid back like you were talking to a friend lasted about 20 minutes. Once I was done I waited back in the office for about 10 minutes and then I had my second interview with the HR Manager he asked more behavioral questions. I was hired on the spot!

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to put your differences aside with a coworker to get a job done ?   Answer Question

Target Protection Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Target (Baltimore, MD) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online, they called me in about 4 days and scheduled a phone interview.

The phone interview went well and they said I'd receive another call soon.
    An entire month went by before they called me back.

I went in for an in person interview, it went well. We discussed the position, talked about my prior asset protection experience with another company, etc.

Then comes the bad part, they tell me the position actually isn't even open yet, but they were expecting it to open soon (within a week) - but wanted to make me a cashier or something meanwhile. I said no thanks, and he told me it wouldn't be an entire month before I heard from them again, like before. They never called. Very irritating experience.

Executive Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ellicott City, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Ellicott City, MD) in December 2015.

Interview

It was 4 phone interviews and 1 in person. It took 2 weeks. First is a screen interview at the end she/he tells you if you pas to the next interview. Than you are interviewed by the Store Manager, Store District manager, HR businees partner, maybe another businnes partner or another store manager

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to work with someone that you did not like?   1 Answer

Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Towson, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target (Towson, MD) in December 2015.

Interview

I met with three different managers and a women from HR form different levels and diffrent stores they explained their role and then they all asked me situational questions that I had to answer in a very specific format what was the situation, what did I do, what was the outcome. They all gave feed back at the and and oh could kind of tell if they liked you or not.

Interview Questions

• What was a time that you had a large responsibility and you messed it up.   Answer Question

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Target (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

I went in for my interview, waited about 10 minutes in the break room, then I was brought into a small meeting space and met with a sales floor team lead which asked me basic questions and then met with a person from HR. I was there for about an hour and a half and they hired me there. I did sign for a drug test and background check but never received a drug test. It was before the holidays and they were hiring a lot of people. After hired I went to an orientation which was a few days later and had a 90 probation period. Many people are fired before the 90 days, I worked for 14 months and saw a lot of people come and go.

Softlines Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Towson, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Target (Towson, MD) in October 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with two team leads where they asked standard questions about previous work history. Both were polite. After meeting with them I met with an HR representative who went over the paperwork with me.

Interview Questions

• Was there ever a time you felt you couldn't make a customer happy? How did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Columbia, MD) in October 2015.

Interview

It was textbook and formulaic. The interviewers literally just read questions from a piece of paper and then filled it out by hand. Almost awkward because there would be absolute silence as they wrote down your answers.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Target (Baltimore, MD) in September 2015.

Interview

Sourcing and screening of potential candidates for contract, contract-to-hire and permanent openings with our clients.
    Coordinate or conduct screening activities (e.g., drug screens, reference checks).
    Responsible for increasing number of qualified applicants in database.
    Refer job order leads and hiring manager names to Account Managers.

Interview Questions

• Analyze candidate information to determine matches between candidates and job openings. Submit qualified candidates to open job requirements.
      Interview prospective candidates and educate candidates on company process.
      1 Answer