Target Barista Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Target Barista Interview Questions

Updated Apr 11, 2017

1.9

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Target (Atlanta, GA) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied on a Sunday, got a phone call on Monday and got hired on the spot Tuesday. Explained the benefits and what I was expected to do as a Starbucks Bartista.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. What is your job experience like? Tell me about a time...   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Target (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

I didn't even apply to this job but they called me for barista because thats all they had. Took one day to get a call from a rude lady on the phone. I went on time to my interview, 3 days later. I was in the employees only area and NO ONE cared that some random dude was there, so I had to flag someone down who had no interest in what I had to say and made me wait in the break room. I waited for 20 mins. as I got more stressed and anxious. I was very awkward just sitting there with some of the other employees. They finally called me and the other employees stared and kind of laughed at the way I introduced myself to the lady. When I walked in the next room there were 2 other people. One was some dude just sitting there not saying anything and the other was the Starbucks girl, she was the one on the phone because I recognized her voice. I was doing so good but then they got to the questions... I didn't answer them good. They wanted me to remember certain situations in my life, I didn't even know what I had for breakfast. You could tell that the Starbucks girl was getting annoyed at what I was saying.I had to lie lied and they probably knew. 3 days later I got an email saying they didn't want me.

Interview Questions

• Please give a specific situation where you had to work with difficult person, what did you do and how was the end result? (They kept asking for more details)   Answer Question

Barista Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target in September 2016.

Interview

Easy to answer questions. They were really nice I just acted like myself and I was fine. Don't overthink answers but keep responses professional. Use common sense and be yourself to get hired.

Barista Interview

Interview

It was very easy,one interview with the Starbucks team lead and one with the target manager. They asked basic questions. To be honest the will hire anyone but it's hard to keep a job there

Anonymous Employee in Waldorf, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Target (Waldorf, MD) in February 2015.

Interview

2 parts of the interview, wasn't very long, but asks you scenario questions. There is a part on the computer that you have to complete. Be prepared for the interview in any possible way you can.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Myrtle Beach, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Myrtle Beach, SC) in December 2014.

Interview

This interview was quite an odd duck. I applied online and I had two years of starbucks experince. First I got a call from who I was lead to believe was the HR manager and that I would have an interview with her. When I showed up for the interview I first had to take an assessment test. I than was interview by the manager of the Starbucks area. After I passed that interview I was than lead away by an Assistant manager to watch a view about working at target. After him and I watched the video he interviewed (the 2nd interview). I was told I would be called in less than a week if I made it to the next phase. After about three weeks I received a call from the HR manager (as it turns out the first woman that called me was not the HR like I was lead to think) and we set up a time for a meet and greet with her, the store manager, and I. I was told this was NOT AN INTERVIEW. When I arrived I was greeted by the actual HR manager this time and was lead to store manager's office and meet the store manager. After we started talking he started asking me INTERVIEW questions. I felt this phase was very misleading because I would told it wasn't an interview. After a few days I was informed I didn't get the job.

NOTE: I rated this interview as very difficult. Yes I know this interview isn't the hardest. I gave the interview this rating consider the fact I was going for a entry level barista position. If the I it was for a higher level position I would of giving it a lower difficultly rating.

Anonymous Employee in Warrenville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (Warrenville, IL) in November 2014.

Interview

Asked me about my previous work experience, then asked genera behavioral questions. Spoke with the head of the store and the head of the soft lines area that Starbucks falls under. Hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• How have you handled yourself in stressful situations in the past?
      What is your greatest weakness?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hoover, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target (Hoover, AL) in October 2014.

Interview

You have to go through 2 interviews. The questions are not difficult, and it's during the same visit. The interviews happen one after the other. You are taken into a private room. Each interview has a different person asking the questions. They'll offer you the job if they're interested right after the interviews.

Interview Questions

• Have I ever been in a team? What were the strategies? What were the results?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Dimas, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (San Dimas, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

Unprofessional and impersonal interview focused on the Interviewer and not the candidate. More focused on discussing their personal life then answering questions about the job and benefits. The Interviewer also kept stepping away and at one point I was waiting 30 minutes for her to return to the interview, a first and definitely very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• What is one strength you think you could contribute to the team?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairview, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Fairview, OR) in April 2014.

Interview

Phone. Then 1:1 with someone off the floor. Gave positive response at end of interview. I was later told I was "not a fit for Starbucks." Seemed to imply discrimination.