Target Barista Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 8, 2017

1.9

29 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison Heights, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Madison Heights, MI) in July 2017.

Interview

My interview was at 9:30am but I was not seen until 10:45am. Then after speaking with one interviewer, I was told that I had to wait about 15 minutes to speak with another one. Needless to say that 15 minutes turned into 30 and when I was finally seen by the second person she asked me the exact same questions as the first person so it was really a massive waste of time altogether. Not to mention the waiting room they had me in was kind of dirty.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to complete a project by a deadline   Answer Question
  • Describe a time you experienced good customer service   Answer Question
  • Describe a time you had an issue with a co-worker or manager and how it was resolved   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Target (Las Vegas, NV) in April 2017.

Interview

Leaders made me feel very comfortable, they want to get to know you personally and professionally. it was a 2 interview process. Overall a very comfortable and laid back interview they didn't make me feel nervous or intimidated.

Interview Questions

• How do you respond/ react to a difficult guest?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Target (Atlanta, GA) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied on a Sunday, got a phone call on Monday and got hired on the spot Tuesday. Explained the benefits and what I was expected to do as a Starbucks Bartista.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. What is your job experience like? Tell me about a time...   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Reynoldsburg, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Reynoldsburg, OH) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview was a three step process, the initial interview, a secondary one with a manager and then the job offer.
    Normal set of questions most of which were repeated twice to try and trip you up.

Interview Questions

• How would you ask a customer about signing up for a Red Card?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Springfield, PA) in October 2016.

Interview

the interview process was quick not that many questions offered a the job on the spot. i answered about 15 questions, i could chose between my jobs or school being smiley and friendly helped alotn showed i could work in retail

Interview Questions

• name a time you had to go above and beyond for your job?   1 Answer

Barista Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target in September 2016.

Interview

Easy to answer questions. They were really nice I just acted like myself and I was fine. Don't overthink answers but keep responses professional. Use common sense and be yourself to get hired.

Barista Interview

Interview

It was very easy,one interview with the Starbucks team lead and one with the target manager. They asked basic questions. To be honest the will hire anyone but it's hard to keep a job there

Anonymous Employee in Waldorf, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Target (Waldorf, MD) in February 2015.

Interview

2 parts of the interview, wasn't very long, but asks you scenario questions. There is a part on the computer that you have to complete. Be prepared for the interview in any possible way you can.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Myrtle Beach, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Myrtle Beach, SC) in December 2014.

Interview

This interview was quite an odd duck. I applied online and I had two years of starbucks experince. First I got a call from who I was lead to believe was the HR manager and that I would have an interview with her. When I showed up for the interview I first had to take an assessment test. I than was interview by the manager of the Starbucks area. After I passed that interview I was than lead away by an Assistant manager to watch a view about working at target. After him and I watched the video he interviewed (the 2nd interview). I was told I would be called in less than a week if I made it to the next phase. After about three weeks I received a call from the HR manager (as it turns out the first woman that called me was not the HR like I was lead to think) and we set up a time for a meet and greet with her, the store manager, and I. I was told this was NOT AN INTERVIEW. When I arrived I was greeted by the actual HR manager this time and was lead to store manager's office and meet the store manager. After we started talking he started asking me INTERVIEW questions. I felt this phase was very misleading because I would told it wasn't an interview. After a few days I was informed I didn't get the job.

NOTE: I rated this interview as very difficult. Yes I know this interview isn't the hardest. I gave the interview this rating consider the fact I was going for a entry level barista position. If the I it was for a higher level position I would of giving it a lower difficultly rating.

Anonymous Employee in Warrenville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (Warrenville, IL) in November 2014.

Interview

Asked me about my previous work experience, then asked genera behavioral questions. Spoke with the head of the store and the head of the soft lines area that Starbucks falls under. Hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• How have you handled yourself in stressful situations in the past?
      What is your greatest weakness?   Answer Question