Target Interview Questions in Boston, MA | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 21, 2017

2.3

Sales Floor/Softlines Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saugus, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target (Saugus, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

I was interviewed by Softlines Team Leader. She was super nice and easy to talk to. We just chat a little and then she asked me few standard questions from a sheet and noted my answers. 10 minutes later I was interviewed by one of Executive Team Leaders. The process was the same, a little chat and then about 5 questions from a sheet. He noted my answers on the paper. I was then offered a job.

Asset Protection Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (Boston, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

Interview was straight forward and straight to the point, Very simple told what the job description was if you were interested if so you will continue the interview then HR calls for a follow up next step.

EXPRESS TEAM MEMBER Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (Boston, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

Super easy, walk in, interviewed 2 HR reps, was asked some simple scenario-based questions about prior experience in customer service. Gave my availability and got the offer. Signed off for a background check and got my orientation date. They did not administer a drug test (MA location).

Interview Questions

• Think of a past experience where you had to be assertive.   1 Answer

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target (Cambridge, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

Q and A with supervisors
    Very pleasant experience,low pressure,and supervisors very easy to speak with.A casual interview experience that let me know that the work experience with would be great. I felt really valued and seen in the interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a conflict with a coworker   1 Answer

GSA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stoughton, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Stoughton, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got a call for an interview within a week. i was interviewed by three different people, they were mostly intrested in my responses to situational questions.

Interview Questions

• how would i handle being in a situation where i disagreed with my supervisor.   1 Answer

Backroom Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Target (Boston, MA).

Interview

It was about 15 minutes with 2 people interviewing. Basically ask situational questions. Nothing difficult. I think they kind of needed people, so no matter how you answer the question you would get hired anyway. I didn't accept the offer because i didn't want to work at night.

Starbucks Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Everett, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (Everett, MA).

Interview

Quick and easy, They asked very straight forward questions and I gave very generic answers. It was all in all the easiest interview I had. Literally just have customer service skills and you should be all set.

Interview Questions

• How do you function in a team setting?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate. The salary is pretty set and the hours are kind of random. I would hope it would become more structured in the near future.

Human Resources Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Boston, MA) in July 2016.

Interview

The process took about 3 weeks'. They performed a Behavioral interview, Target selection, Interview with with a team leader and one Executive Team Leader. As me questions related to my availability, if I was willing to promote Target credit card and salary expectations.

Interview Questions

• tell me about an occasion where you provided a great guest experience ?   Answer Question

Softlines Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salem, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target (Salem, NH) in July 2016.

Interview

The hiring process included two interviews and then an offer of employment from the Store Team Leader. The interview questions were mostly behavioral in nature, starting with, "Tell me about a time when..." or "Describe a situation when...". I recommend looking up behavioral interview questions and practicing answering these questions to yourself in advance of your interview. These sorts of questions may catch you off guard if you have not put some thought into your past work experiences and how you can relate those to the skill set required for the position you have applied for. You do not want to have to say, "hmm, I don't remember" or "I can't think of anything" for each answer. I can imagine that it would be nerve-racking to not feel prepared for this kind of interview. You need to be able to give specific examples, so challenge yourself to do that ahead of time and the interview will be much easier.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Target?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you disagreed with someone at work. What was the disagreement, how did you handle it, and what was the result of your action?   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation when you exceeded expectations. What did you do and what was the result?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you solved a problem at work. What was the problem, what action did you take, and what was the result?   Answer Question

Hardlines Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Target (Framingham, MA) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview was with two separate people. Both were mainly about my experiences from a previous job and how'd I react to similar situations now. Very casual and relaxed. They were apologizing to me for starting late. They also really emphasized how well I worked with a team.

Interview Questions

• What was a past experience that had you deal with a boss that you disagreed with?   Answer Question