Target Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 25, 2017

2.9

173 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Interview

I received an email asking for a phone interview about a week after I applied. The recruiter was late, and seemed distracted during the whole interview. All the questions were behavior based.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

very smooth , Questions were very clear. The Interviewer was very clear in asking questions. The process was explained clearly. Great questions and Great culture.The process took 6 weeks from start to end . the whole experience was amazing as they communicated each step and did not leave me hanging in the air.

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

First I went through a phone screening with HR before being invited in interview in person with leaders within my pyramid. Met with 2 different senior leaders and was asked roughly 10 behavioral based questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Target (Austin, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

I got an email about 3 weeks after a university career fair. The interview was all behavior. It has been a week and a half and I have not gotten an offer.

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (Madison, WI) in March 2016.

Interview

Extremely straightforward. Only one interview before being hired (of course with the prior online assessments).

There was a meet-n-greet the night before the interview. Extremely friendly Target representatives. If you had topics you want to discuss with them about the company, they were more than ready to discuss with you!

Actual interview:
    My interviewer was the same person who I talked to the night prior.
    4 behavioral based questions (I still don't know the point of these), and a short Q&A afterwards.

I was notified roughly a week later of acceptance.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when a project proved to be more difficult than first anticipated.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Target (Austin, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

It was very seamless. They came to a career fair in campus. The interview was a 30 minute behavioral conducted by a high level employee. Very nice people. The recruiter got back to me very quickly.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target in February 2016.

Interview

Got selected for round 1 on campus Interviews. Had a casual pre-interview dinner at a local restaurant. Got asked "why Target" as well 5 behavioral questions. I think they were supposed to be answered in STAR format but I was never told so... Kind of wish they focused more on technical skills/job experiences but all they really seem to care about is fit.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Target (Minneapolis, MN) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview was a result of the Private College Job and Internship Fair. It was a fairly casual interview. There were two people taking turns asking me questions. They started off with backgrounds about themselves, asked me brief background questions and then dove right into the tough questions. There were about 5 tough questions.

Interview Questions

• When did you leverage something with a strict deadline?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Minneapolis, MN) in December 2015.

Interview

More specifically it was for the Merchandise Planning Business Analyst position. The process took about 2 weeks. I initially applied on campus, but was not granted an on campus interview. Fast forward 2 months and receive an email from a recruiter asking for a phone interview. Did the phone interview 2 days later and was asked to fly out for an office interview the next week. Before the office visit, you will also be required to take a few assessment so they can gauge your characteristic type among other things.

Target brings in about 20+ of you to interview. You first get a presentation then 2 separate half hour interviews right after. They are all behavioral based questions. Before your office visit, your recruiters will send you hints and tips on how to prepare. If you want to interview well and with ease, I HIGHLY suggest following their instructions. Get a solid 3-5 stories of your professional expertise and background locked down. It's pretty simple and will take 20 minutes out of your day. After the interviews you will have lunch, mingle session then a city bus tour.

Overall it was a fun experience. My analysis is that they are more into how you interact and associate yourselves with the others, recruiters, and interviewers rather than how well you interview. Make yourself as personable as possible without being over bearing.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time where you've done something without being asked?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Target (Minneapolis, MN) in November 2015.

Interview

Target did a great job making this process pretty painless. The process began at the career fair where I spoke with an employee, not the recruiter. I then completed a 1-on-1 interview that was only four questions, all self-explanatory and straightforward. I was then invited to Target HQ where we spent a day learning about Target, the position, and Minneapolis. The day was a lot of fun! It left a favorable impression of the company. They're doing a lot of great work and they valued all of us being there.

I'm not sure how they make the hiring decisions. The day at HQ we had two interviews with two different people, each interview lasting 30 minutes. However, each person only interviewed three candidates, so they must use a scoring system for the candidates, which could be confusing when trying to compare two candidates from different interviewers.

Overall, I'd recommend everybody with any interest in the company apply. It was great practice (if not a bit on the easy side) in terms of gaining interview experience.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Target? Analytical skills were stressed, naming two strengths and one weakness for the position, and have examples of times when you worked with other people. I remember a question about overcoming adversity.   Answer Question