Target Interview Questions in California | Glassdoor

2.5

1,192 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Overnight Logistics Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Well, I checked in 10 mins early but waited 20 mins because the other interview went over. Another interviewee arrived and checked in for their spot, 10 mins after my spot. HR rep arrived and called the other persons name. They proceeded to head back and the other interviewee was polite enough to tell HR rep that I had checked in for my spot that was 10 mins before theirs. No apology they just informed me I should have spoke up. Um, no because you were paged and my name was given to you plus you have the list of people scheduled.

The interview was mediocre with a younger female who's personality is comparable to a wet, dingy mop. Didn't smile, shake my hand when I reached out, nothing.

Interview Questions

• Can you recall a time where you had to anticipate the needs of others?   1 Answer
    • Don't you think you are overqualified for this job? (I think this was off the record)   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2017.

Interview

The hiring process was smooth. I applied online and within a week I received a called from the hiring manager. I was asked a couple of questions over the phone to know my availability. Later, I was scheduled for an in person interview.

Executive Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mission Viejo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Target (Mission Viejo, CA) in December 2017.

Interview

First a recruiter reached out to me on LinkedIn, first you have to pass a phone interview with a recruiter, my advice be very warm and inviting all questions she will ask will be over background professional and personal and job experience with behavior based questions, the recruiter will let you know if you move on too the next round, if the recruiter doesn’t then most likely you was not selected, second round interview will be with a Store Team Leader or STL in the district you apply for, this interview most likely will be done in person so make sure you dress the part, once again approach the interview with as much warmth and passion possible, the STL will ask a bunch of behavioral based questions be very specific as they are looking for select answers. In my interview the STL told me immediately that I would go on to the next round but I have been told that is not common, if you left a good impression on the recruiter you can email or call them and they can give you an exact answer, the third and final interview will be with the DTL which is a District Team Leader the interview here will be a rinse and repeat of the last interview usually if you make it to this step they want you and you would have to bomb the interview not to get the job. Usually offer comes 24-48hrs later

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you had to change a process up that was not working   Answer Question
    • Tell us a time you had to cancel an commitment   Answer Question
    • Tell us a time you had to deal with a co worker who didn’t agree with your practices and or management style   Answer Question

Target Back Room Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Sacramento, CA).

Interview

I was called in after applying and then interviewed twice that same day with two different people. And signed the hire paperwork directly after that. My orientation was scheduled for the following week.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time when you had to use your leadership skills to accomplish a goal.   Answer Question

Seasonal Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mission Viejo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Target (Mission Viejo, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied online Sunday night and received a call from the hiring manager Monday morning about setting up an interview for Wednesday. The interview was very casual and fun--the interviewer started off with questions about my availability and then moved onto experiences I've had in the past. The whole interview took about 15 minutes. After the questions, I was offered the job on the spot and was told to return for orientation the very next day.

Executive Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Target (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

First interviewed with recruiter on campus, then interviewed with a district director. The interviews weren't that hard. Mainly talking about yourself, what you can do for Target, and why Target. After that, district director asked me to go to one of the Targets in the area to speak with the manager.

The manager showed me around, explaining this internship to me, and we had an informal interview. Afterwards, he told me to email him and arrange a time to have a formal interview so we can proceed to the next step. I emailed him but he never emailed me back.

Apparel Associate (Seasonal) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Encinitas, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target (Encinitas, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

Very easy process. Got called the same day I submitted the online application to set up an in person interview for the next day. Interviewer was ready right on time with a smile! Was taken to a side room and had a one on one with the interviewer. Was offered the job on the spot! The process took less than an hour.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Target?   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation where you had to work with someone that you disagreed with.   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation where you think the management or process of doing things could've gone more smooth.   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation where you had the customer's needs and expectations in mind.   Answer Question

Supply Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Target (San Jose, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

I shown up 10-minutes early and was shown to the orientation room that had small snacks. Later, I was greeted by one supervisor for an one-to-one interview. They didn't have enough interviewers for the 2nd round, so they told me that I am free to leave and they will contact me if they like what they see.

Backroom Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied at Indeed and got called in for an interview the next day. Talked to one person for 20 minutes and got the job at the end of the interview. Still waiting for my orientation date.

Seasonal Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Covina, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Target (West Covina, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied online and they called me about a week later to set up an interview. It took awhile for me to actually interview. I showed up 10 minutes early and was waiting about 30 minutes past my appointment time. However, the process was very straightforward, they asked about my availability and went straight into all the situational questions.