Target Interview Questions in California | Glassdoor

2.6

1,064 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all Interviews

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Did 2 interviews . First one was a little intimidating , the interviewer was asking basic interview questions . Then she scheduled me an second interview for the following week . My second interview was very easy , the manager was friendly .during the second interview he basically was telling me about what I would be doing as a cashier and told me I got the job. No drug test .

Interview Questions

• How do you handle difficult situations ?   1 Answer

Inbound Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shafter, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Shafter, CA).

Interview

Show you around the DC in the beginning then take you to a room and theirs more then one interview going on at a time and you just wait to get called and someone will interview you.

Interview Questions

• Onetime you took a leadership role?   1 Answer

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Cruz, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Santa Cruz, CA).

Interview

I interviewed on campus for 3 rounds and 1 more round at Target (Capitola, CA). The questions were very behavioral. Really just know about your resume and research the company before the interview. Show your personality!

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Target (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Interviewed with a couple of people. It was an easy process and mostly pretty easy questions. Was only there for 5-10 minutes as they seemed pretty busy. Standard questions related to customer service.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a difficult customer?   1 Answer

Food Service Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clovis, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Clovis, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied in the middle of March. Received a phone call a couple of weeks later (on April 4th) to set up a phone interview that was scheduled for the next day, April 5th. The call took about 20 minutes. The questions were simple: availability, short intro to previous work experience, and a few situational questions. I was offered a second interview (in-person this time) for the next day, April 6th. This time I was asked about what kind of hours I wanted, availability again, and a few more situational questions that were similar to the ones on the first interview. I just answered each question honestly and had no problems. I was offered the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• When was a time that you got called out for excellent service/work?   Answer Question
    • When was a time that a coworker was in a bad mood and what you did to help change it?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time that a customer was angry and what you did to help them?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time that you had a lot of work to do and how you prioritized it?   Answer Question
    • If I contacted your previous boss, what would they say your biggest weakness is?   1 Answer

Guest Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sand City, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Sand City, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

I interviewed first with a team member, then a second interview with more in depth questions based on my first interview answers, then a third interview with HR to go over the job offer and terms. They really only care about the Red Card and how many people you sign up; meeting the quota.

Interview Questions

• Explain how you stood up for yourself in the work place   Answer Question
    • Explain a time you went above and beyond what was asked of you   1 Answer

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Sacramento, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

The people were nice, the employees talk to you from time to time since the waiting area is in their break room. A quick interview and they tell you if you're up for another one or not. After the 2nd interview, I was given an offer and they asked for availability and to complete a background check online.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Target?   Answer Question
    • Tell me of a time you had a conflict with someone and how did you solve it? How did it affect your team later on?   Answer Question
    • If we contacted your previous employers, what would they say your strengths are?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to work with someone you disagreed with, and how you were able to accomplish goals as a team?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time that you have competing goals, and how did you prioritize them to complete the task?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time that you were able to change a situation with your attitude.   Answer Question

Sales Floor/Softlines Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bakersfield, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (Bakersfield, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

applied to target online and got a callback a day later. asked basic questions like availability, why do you wanna work at target, etc then set up an interview.
    the first interview was 4 questions mostly behavioral questions. so when they ask you these lay out the situation the task and how did you complete the task and the outcome. make sure you smile and you are confident. got a second interview and basically asked the same questions then got a third interview which was a meet and greet telling me i got hired. process took about a week and a half. remember to smile be confident and relax.

Human Resources Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online. Called the store the next day to check the average response time for an application. They told me to come into the store in 2 days (on a Saturday) and interview. I interviewed with a Human Resources Manager. The interview took about 15-20 minutes. It wasn't too bad at all, but I'm coming to realize that these large corporations have set interview questions and don't really veer off from their scripted interview sheet. This makes the interview process seem rather dry and automated, almost impersonal. But hey, that's just my opinion on things. There's not really any room for conversation or discussion, at least during my interview there wasn't. My interview asked for my availability, desired hours per week, then informed me she was going to ask 4 basic questions, then 4 more detailed questions. It's best to just use the STAR formula to answer these situational questions, just because it gives the interview more insight into your thought process, behavior, problem-solving skills, etc. I think I ended up asking her more questions about the job and her background/experience, than she asked me.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Target?   Answer Question
    • Are you willing to cross-train and work as back up in other areas in the store, if needed, in addition to your HR Team Member job duties?   Answer Question
    • What experience do you have for this position?   Answer Question
    • What would a former supervisor say your strengths are?   Answer Question
    • Name a time you had to go to someone above you to solve a problem.   Answer Question
    • Name a time you disagreed with a coworker and what was the result.   Answer Question

Barista Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Target (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

I didn't even apply to this job but they called me for barista because thats all they had. Took one day to get a call from a rude lady on the phone. I went on time to my interview, 3 days later. I was in the employees only area and NO ONE cared that some random dude was there, so I had to flag someone down who had no interest in what I had to say and made me wait in the break room. I waited for 20 mins. as I got more stressed and anxious. I was very awkward just sitting there with some of the other employees. They finally called me and the other employees stared and kind of laughed at the way I introduced myself to the lady. When I walked in the next room there were 2 other people. One was some dude just sitting there not saying anything and the other was the Starbucks girl, she was the one on the phone because I recognized her voice. I was doing so good but then they got to the questions... I didn't answer them good. They wanted me to remember certain situations in my life, I didn't even know what I had for breakfast. You could tell that the Starbucks girl was getting annoyed at what I was saying.I had to lie lied and they probably knew. 3 days later I got an email saying they didn't want me.

Interview Questions

• Please give a specific situation where you had to work with difficult person, what did you do and how was the end result? (They kept asking for more details)   Answer Question