Target Interview Questions in Canada | Glassdoor

Target Interview Questions in Canada

2.8

113 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

I applied online and got a call about couple of weeks later to come in for an interview. The first interview was with a Team Leader (they are a step above regular sales floor team member). It was obvious stuff like tell us a bit about yourself, tell us a time where you had a conflict with someone else and how did you go on about solving that conflict, tell us about a time where you experience failure.

For all the questions, make sure you listen carefully to the question being asked and then answer everything that is being asked for. The answer is basically the 5 W's : Who, what, where, when, why and how...the most important takeaway is your learning experience that you got out of the situation.

Interview Questions

• Describe the best thing about yourself / worst thing about you.   Answer Question

Negotiation

My advice to others would be there is a lot of sucking up to do...upper management is completely useless and they dont really understand how to run the store. Target is really big on office politics, alot of really good hardworking people already left the store and more are on their way out.

Systems Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Very lengthy with a lot of technical questions at the end they will ask you to do data testing to verify your skills. Nice experience overall with good atmosphere. Did not ask too many behavioral questions though which was weird I thought they would. They looked at resume in detail which showed a lot of respect

Business Partner Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

The interviews were all behavioral questions with real examples requested. It started with a phone interview, then another phone interview and then 2 interviews in house with a senior manager and a director.

Interview Questions

• all behavioural questions --- nothing technical related   Answer Question

Softlines Interview

Interview

I applied once before through email and and was asked to come in for an interview and never got a call back after it was done. 2 months later, I reapplied and got called for an interview a few weeks later and got the job on the spot, which I don't understand what difference I did the first time around.

Team Leader Interview

Interview

There is at least a two part process. They have a set series of questions they ask everyone, they are scenario based questions. Very straightforward and normal questions, nothing out of the ordinary, and nothing that will stump you. After the two part process screening by some of the store leaders, the district manager has to screen every candidate that is a team leader or above. That's just a formality, if you make it that far, just be a normal person, and they will hire you.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you provided good customer service   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

The interview process was very long and redundant. They ask you the same questions over and over with different people . You learn a lot about yourself and I think it was a good practice but also a waist of time and energy.

Retail Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

asked questions and i answered them. It doesnt matter now because target canada is defunct, it is not the fault of the company, in a sense that canadians just didnt really buy stuff from their. target is just not effective in canada, even zellers didnt work, why the hell would target?

Interview Questions

• have you worked retail before   1 Answer

Group Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

The entire process took 3-4 months with 7 separate interviews and over 10 interviewers. It was a long process but not really difficult. Mostly getting to know you type questions for culture fit and then many behavioral questions, i.e. Tell me about a time when... Mid-way through the process included a case study and mock 'coaching' meeting with a direct report over the phone. Through out the process a recruiter stays in touch to support and answer any questions.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions, i.e. Tell me about a time when you... Themes focused on communication skills, team and collaboration, leadership, adaptability, drive, time management/prioritization abilities, etc.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Behavioral based questions that are looking for leadership,humility and accountability.
    Three to five questions depending on the interviewers and done in a panel like setting.
    Two separate sets of interviews last one interested in hearing about your past experiences and future goals.

Fitting Room Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

I submitted my resume online and got a call to come for an interview the next day. I had two rounds of interview. They were pretty nice people, they talked about themselves and target canada before diving into the interview questions

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your strength and weaknesses? If you saw a customer looking lost what would you do?   Answer Question