Target Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Target Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Mar 29, 2017

2.2

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

It was very quick and easy. I recommend to apply, the work environment is very friendly but sometimes it get tough and some customers make your job tough. I like the coworkers but sometimes it was getting very tiring. I hate standing long hours

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

I applied online. I received an e-mail within two days to set up a phone interview. Got a phone interview for the next day. During the phone interview scheduled an in-person interview for the next day. Talked to the GSTL during the phone interview and in-person interview. The Front End lead was also present but didn't ask me any questions, he just sat in on the interview. I was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you had to work as part of a team.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in West Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (West Seattle, WA).

Interview

There are 2 interviews, The 1st is with head of HR, the second is with the Lead of the department, Sales floor, Cashier, Clothing, Logistics. But initially, I wasn't told "Welcome to the team" It wasn't until I was about to leave another HR person started handing me paperwork about orientation, that I knew I had been hired.

Interview Questions

• What do you do if a co-worker is having a bad day?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

First there was a phone interview and then I had two other in person interviews. They seemed to be unorganized once you got your foot in the door and the person I was suppose to originally interview with could not be found so I had to come back another day.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time when you had to go to someone with more experience for help?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Interview

I had applied to this position and was called for an interview a couple days later. The manager called at 8:30 p.m. and had left a message. She expressed her interest in asking me a few questions and setting up a potential interview. She said I could call back "tomorrow," but did not leave a callback number.

I called the number that came up on my caller ID, which took me to the store operator. I was then forwarded to the line of that manager. She picked up and sounded a bit frazzled/irritated, saying that she was currently in a meeting and would have her assistant call me "in a couple minutes." She also couldn't remember anything about me, despite having left a message less than 24 hrs ago.

Almost needless to say, I never got a call from the assistant and never heard back from this manager. This was an incredibly unorganized and sloppy process, especially for a respectable company like Target.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

I applied to my Target online. It took a while to get a call to schedule for an interview, I wanna say like 2 weeks after applying. They scheduled me to come in for an interview two days later. The interview process was pretty easy. I came in about 20 minutes early and was told to go into the backroom and check in with the lady at the desk. I spent about 10 minutes waiting as they called in people to interview those who were waiting for interviews.

My first interview was okay. A lot of the questions were "tell me about a time...". You'd just answer these with examples from either previous jobs or school. They read questions off of a packet and take notes on what you say. The lady interviewing me never really showed any reaction towards my answers and so I thought I wasn't doing well. At the end she asked me about situational questions and how I'd handle it, but oddly she wasn't writing down my responses. Then I was asked to wait again for a second interview.

The second interview goes much faster because a lot of the questions were either repeated from the last interview or similar. They also ask you about your familiarity with technology. Its the same thing again, they read off of a packet and take down notes on what you say. Then afterwards I was asked do a quick meet with the Executive Team Leader. It was a 2 quick questions about "why do you want to work at Target... what is your availability..." and then was sent back to HR for a job offer right on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Target?   9 Answers
    • Explain your strengths and weaknesses.   1 Answer
    • Do you know anything about the Target REDcard or Cartwheel?   3 Answers
    • Tell me about a time you...   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Wilsonville, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target (Wilsonville, OR).

Interview

Standard behavior interview. I needed to apply online first and fill out a long form with various behavior questions. Then I was called a few days later and had a roughly similar experience in person before I was given the job.

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Target (Orlando, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online, received a pre-screening call the next day from HR. Offered a phone interview for the next day with a Team Lead. Came in for interview with Executive the next day after that and was hired on the spot. Everyone was really nice and laid back.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult time working with someone else.   Answer Question
    • Would you be okay with promoting Target products and services, such as the REDcard and Cartwheel?   Answer Question
    • If I were to contact your supervisor, what would he/she say that you need to work on?   Answer Question
    • Sell me the REDCard   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Target (San Diego, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

First interview was simple behavioral questions and a role playing portion to test how well you could sell a Target Red Card, as well as asking about your availability. I passed that, went to my second interview about 15 minutes later and was mostly asked about myself and previous work experience. After that, I was taken to HR and offered the position on the spot. I'm now waiting for my background check to process so we can schedule my orientation.

Interview Questions

• How would you sell the Target Red Card?   1 Answer
    • Why Target?   Answer Question
    • Describe an experience where you had to work with someone you did not agree with/get along with   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

First step was a phone interview. The interviewer asked me questions about my previous work experience. Next step was an in person interview at the store. I met with two people who asked more similar questions about my previous work experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to make a decision under difficult circumstances.   Answer Question