Target Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 19, 2017

2.2

998 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

I showed up ten minutes early and got kind of pushed to the side. The questions were repetitive and bland, they seemed eager to get my interview over with. They never contacted me after, not even to say I did not get the job.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Cashier Interview

Interview

I applied and got an automated email about 4 days after, saying that no positions were available. I'm assuming it's because I put specific hours for my availability, when I should've been more flexible and specifiy in the interview. I unfortunately can't reapply online again because I have to wait 60 days before applying again. I tried dropping off my resume at the store, and multiple employees didn't know what to do and said that they normally take resumes after they schedule the interview. So basically I have to wait 60 days before I can reapply, fix the scheduling, so I can eventually get an interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where regular routine was interrupted and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Pretty common questions. They bring you into a room along with other potential candidates, and asked several questions.

After the interview, I got a call a few weeks later. I started working the next day after the call.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with an angry customer?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Interview

Felt overly formal for an entry-level position. The interviewer basically just read questions out of a packet and wrote down my answers. My personal preference is interviews that feel more like a conversation, so I could just be biased, but it felt like I was being expected to answer each question with a monologue/essay rather than answering anything practical about the job I'd need to be doing.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected, just had difficulty coming up with relevant answers to the questions they asked. Look up STAR questions and you should be fine.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Target (Colorado Springs, CO) in October 2017.

Interview

I was treated very rudely and I suffered discrimination by the interviewer. As soon as I informed him that I was a pastor and a graduate student attending Seminary school, he rolled his eyes and would not listen to another word I spoke. I wore a Carolina Herrera dress and was polite and told him I could work any shift except my class time and he was obviously an atheist who had no respect for any pastor or graduate student. I have never been treated so miserably in my whole life. This company discriminates against religion.

Interview Questions

• He kept asking me questions about my religion and I told him that I had straight A's in mathematics and he laughed and said, "Let me guess - was it general mathematics?" And, I replied, "No, I had algebra, geometry, and calculus. He asked me what my hobby was and I told him I collected antique dolls and dollhouses and he rolled his eyes again and made fun of me.   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Target in October 2017.

Interview

I applied in person for a cashier position. They called me back a half hour later and asked if I wanted to interview for a grocery clerk position. The interview was two days later. The interviewer was a half hour late and just asked three "tell me about a time when" questions. It was over in ten minutes.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when your daily routine was interrupted.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Luis Obispo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (San Luis Obispo, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

Put in online application and got a call the next week. Went in for an interview and was offered the position. Orientation was the next week. Orientation lasted 4 hours.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had an angry customer? How did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Target (Fresno, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was scheduled an interview the next day and I was hired on the spot questions were mostly situational questions most of them are on here if you do you research you should be fine

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target in October 2017.

Interview

I applied for a seasonal position as a cashier and since it was for open interviews it took quite a while. I didn't get interviewed for almost 2 hours. They asked the basic questions. At the end of the interview I was told I had the job, even though she couldn't formerly offer me the position. I waited around for another 20 minutes until I was called back again and given my orientation date, which is this coming Wednesday. It was a fairly easy interview and I shouldn't have been nervous.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

It was a long wait in line during their hiring event then you are interviewed about how you deal with certain situations that include a customer or coworker in which you will either get a job offer or you walk out. I got the job offer and was told id be called back after the background check still waiting. 4 days passed already