Target Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 19, 2017

2.2

959 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview was very easy. I felt like the management already knew if they were going to hire me or not. The questions were very basic. I had no working experience before this.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a problem you encountered and how you handled it?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

very easy; the man was very nice. The questions were the basic retail questions nothing that was very crazy. There are a lot of behavioral questions like why are you a good fit at Target.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you are a good fit   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Submitted application in store during a trip there and had a brief one on one interview within my local branch with the store manager about a week after my application was turned in and processed.

Interview Questions

• What has been your best Target find?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisonburg, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Harrisonburg, VA) in August 2017.

Interview

Short and sweet, wasn't offered the job based on availability but liked everyone and would apply again. Was told the only issue with my application was availability and that I was encouraged to apply again to a different postition or when my schedule changed

Interview Questions

• If we contacted a past employer what would they say your biggest strength is?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnsville, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Burnsville, MN).

Interview

I got called in the same I day submitted my application. They scheduled me for the first and it wasn't too bad. Look out for situational questions. The second interview will go by faster.

Interview Questions

• Give me a time when you taught something new to someone.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Interview

Applied on the website. Did a phone interview first which asked me very basic questions.. Very easy interview. Basically just asked how i would handle certain situations. Was hired during my interview. Both interviews were 5 minutes or less. Quick process.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Overall not the worst. It was basically a giant hiring fair for just my new store. I was at the site for 4 hours unfortunately, and had 3 interviews with 3 different people and then was immediately hired and asked to do my drug test.

Interview Questions

• Name a scenario where you had to deal with someone unpleasant   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Target in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online and after a week passed I called to confirm they received my resume since I never got a confirmation email or call. After another 2 weeks I got a call and they did a phone interview. The person on the phone then said I would receive another call of they decided to proceed with hiring me. Two days later I got a email saying that they will not be hiring me at this time.

Overall it was time consuming and stressful.

Cashier Interview

Interview

it was an easy "tell us about a time when " I am just filling in the rest of the word count requirements. I need to keep writing until its over.

Anonymous Employee in Rocklin, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Target (Rocklin, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Was brought in to see 3 different managers for 3 separate interviews covering different topics of the interview packet. The separation allowed for more thought between questions and really helped when answering the longer questions further in the interview.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time you had to work with someone you disagreed with, and how you persevered.   Answer Question