Target Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Target Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Jun 20, 2017

2.2

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview was very easy. I felt like the management already knew if they were going to hire me or not. The questions were very basic. I had no working experience before this.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a problem you encountered and how you handled it?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Cashier Interview

Interview

I applied and got a call about a week later. I went through a pretty typical application process. After getting the call, I went into the local store and was interviewed by one of the managers. There was a large emphasis on availability and customer service.

Interview Questions

• It was pretty traditional, they asked me to try and sell an object (white board pen) to someone who was considering buying it. Sales Skills!   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Really easy questions about situations you may have had in the past. Not difficult, but that may be due to me and the interviewer having a common interest in tennis.

Interview Questions

• What is one time you have had contention with another and work together to figure out a solution?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Quick with 5-6 questions. Asked generic interview questions. Examples like strengths and weaknesses. Also asked about previous retail work experiences. Afterwards they immediately offered the position and started the paperwork. Started the next day.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Basic interview with form questions asking about customer service and background information. The whole thing last about half an hour and the two managers who interviewed me were very pleasant.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been arrested   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Basic questions. Be sure to explain that want to be cross trained. Also, ask questions about what you would be doing, how is the culture. How the management is organized. Let them know you are not afraid to work.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time.... Behavioral interview.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Target (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Very nice people and many questions, overall a 2 hour interview. The HR manager was incredibly nice and helpful. I was offered the job on the spot. You basically just go in and answer a series of scenario questions, and then go over availability and start dates.

Cashier Interview

Interview

The interview was very scripted, as the manager was directly reading off the paper. It seemed to be systematic, since there were so many people to interview (19 when I was there).

Interview Questions

• Talk about a challenge you've faced working in a group, and what were your emotions and the outcome   Answer Question
    • How do you deal with distractions?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Miami, FL).

Interview

I went through three different interviews, with two in one day. It wasn't too bad, but I didn't understand why it had to be three...Each one was swift and sweet. The interviewers were very nice, however they seemed like they just wanted to hire anyone that wanted to work there, which showed desperation.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your strengths and weaknesses?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Tulsa, OK).

Interview

A manager asked situational type questions off a paper and wrote down your answer nothing personal what so ever, they then give those papers to the manager in charge of hiring, so you never even get to speak to that manager unless youre hired. Its about as personal as what you fill out online but someone writes it down instead.

Interview Questions

• If i asked your past teachers or supervisors what would they say is your worst quality/area you need to improve in?   Answer Question
    • Name a time when your attitude changed the mood of an entire group   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you showed responsibility by asking someone of higher authority than you for help   Answer Question