Target Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 17, 2017

2.2

958 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview was very easy. I felt like the management already knew if they were going to hire me or not. The questions were very basic. I had no working experience before this.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a problem you encountered and how you handled it?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

very easy; the man was very nice. The questions were the basic retail questions nothing that was very crazy. There are a lot of behavioral questions like why are you a good fit at Target.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you are a good fit   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Submitted application in store during a trip there and had a brief one on one interview within my local branch with the store manager about a week after my application was turned in and processed.

Interview Questions

• What has been your best Target find?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnsville, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Burnsville, MN).

Interview

I got called in the same I day submitted my application. They scheduled me for the first and it wasn't too bad. Look out for situational questions. The second interview will go by faster.

Interview Questions

• Give me a time when you taught something new to someone.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Interview

Applied on the website. Did a phone interview first which asked me very basic questions.. Very easy interview. Basically just asked how i would handle certain situations. Was hired during my interview. Both interviews were 5 minutes or less. Quick process.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Overall not the worst. It was basically a giant hiring fair for just my new store. I was at the site for 4 hours unfortunately, and had 3 interviews with 3 different people and then was immediately hired and asked to do my drug test.

Interview Questions

• Name a scenario where you had to deal with someone unpleasant   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Target in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online and after a week passed I called to confirm they received my resume since I never got a confirmation email or call. After another 2 weeks I got a call and they did a phone interview. The person on the phone then said I would receive another call of they decided to proceed with hiring me. Two days later I got a email saying that they will not be hiring me at this time.

Overall it was time consuming and stressful.

Cashier Interview

Interview

it was an easy "tell us about a time when " I am just filling in the rest of the word count requirements. I need to keep writing until its over.

Anonymous Employee in Rocklin, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Target (Rocklin, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Was brought in to see 3 different managers for 3 separate interviews covering different topics of the interview packet. The separation allowed for more thought between questions and really helped when answering the longer questions further in the interview.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time you had to work with someone you disagreed with, and how you persevered.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Target in July 2017.

Interview

The hiring process took about 1 week. I applied to 3 target locations on a Monday or Tuesday and was called at 1pm the following Tuesday to set up an interview for one of the target locations. They did not interview me on the phone; they only asked if I was still interested and what position I was looking for. The HR on the phone set up an interview date for me that was on that Thursday at 9:45am. When I arrived at the guest service area, a lady kindly told me to go to the back door and check in there. Then I waited for a couple minutes and was called by someone that came out and lead me to a room. She was so incredibly sweet and comforting and made the interview feel more like a conversation between friends than an interrogation. I was going there very nervous but I became relaxed right away with her and she gave me advice about work and told me since they get a lot of people that get the job and don't show up on time, as long as you show up and do the best you can and try to sell the Redcards, you'll be fine and that's all they ask for. I then finished with her and waited outside for 1 minute before I met with another woman who unfortunately gave me the news that my shift has to be open everyday from 7am to 12am for them to choose which time I work and that most likely on weekends I need to be there at 7am as a cashier because they are the busiest on those days especially Sunday. I had to reject because I have church and also because I don't want to wake up 6 in the morning everyday. If I had accepted, I would've had a second interview with a couple other questions. But overall it was a pleasant experience and they were very kind and comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you disagreed with an assignment that a supervisor or someone else you interacted with gave you. what was the outcome?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time you exceeded someone's expectations:   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you worked with someone else to achieve a common goal:   Answer Question
    • Tell me a little bit about yourself and any previous experience you had: (paraphrased)   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you were doing a task and got interrupted. What did you do about it and what was the outcome? (Paraphrased)   Answer Question