Target Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 15, 2017

2.2

976 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

I showed up ten minutes early and got kind of pushed to the side. The questions were repetitive and bland, they seemed eager to get my interview over with. They never contacted me after, not even to say I did not get the job.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Target in September 2017.

Interview

I walked in asked a current employee where to find a manager she pointed to a locked Door on the other side of the building that I had to knock on. I went in there is a desk. I told them I was there for an interview they told me to wait in the break Room about half hour later I was approached by One manager she asked me about where I worked prior. If I was ok with promoting the target brand (redcard) etc. Asked about my availability. Asked some questions and we were done in that room. she told me I needed to see another manager for a second interview so to go back in the waiting Room. half hour latee I was brought back. this guy asked me about my availability again asked me Why I left my other jobs, how my attendance was at other jobs. proceeded to asked me some more questions it was more like a personality test Or stress test. They werent too concerned About my qualifications to do the job but they were very nice everybody was really nice.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to work with an employee that you disagreed with   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you were interrupted in the middle of a task   Answer Question
    • If we contacted one of your employers what would they say is an area of improvement for you   Answer Question
    • tell me about a time you were able to change a situation with your attitude   Answer Question
    • why do you choose to work at target   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Clemente, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (San Clemente, CA).

Interview

Two interviews, one with Front end manager then 2nd one with her manager. Both very professional-most questions were situational and applicable to the position. Both interviewers were professional, helpful and friendly.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you handled a situation where you had competing tasks   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Virginia Beach, VA).

Interview

Applied online for the position. took weeks before i heard back and was not asked for an interview. Was not given a answer for the reasons why. everything was done online.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Pretty standard interview for the most part. They asked questions like what to do when your in certain situations or how you overcame a certain difficulty. As long as you answer each question clear and fully you'll do fine.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you were in a difficult situation and what did you do to overcome it?   Answer Question

Application

Interview

I waited for about ten minutes and they brought me to a room, they had me sit and read the job description. Once I was finished then they started asking the questions.

Anonymous Employee in Mira Loma, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Mira Loma, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Got a call two days later to schedule an interview. The interview was very easy and the target employee seemed very friendly. Answered 4 questions and was told to wait for a call for my second interview.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to work in a group.   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

very easy; the man was very nice. The questions were the basic retail questions nothing that was very crazy. There are a lot of behavioral questions like why are you a good fit at Target.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you are a good fit   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Submitted application in store during a trip there and had a brief one on one interview within my local branch with the store manager about a week after my application was turned in and processed.

Interview Questions

• What has been your best Target find?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview was very easy. I felt like the management already knew if they were going to hire me or not. The questions were very basic. I had no working experience before this.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a problem you encountered and how you handled it?   1 Answer