Target Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Target

1,227 Interview Reviews

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Brooklyn, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

I attended the open house event they had in October for seasonal positions. They called groups of people in at a time but it was all one on one interviews. I got the job on the spot and signed paperwork, but 2 weeks passed and they still hadn’t called me back for orientation, so I called them and went in the following week.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to work with someone else.
    Tell me about a time you exceeded the expectations of your manager or a customer.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marietta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (Marietta, GA) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied online got a phone interview asking standard questions. I got offer to interview in person after phone interview in few days. I had in person interview with the store manager .

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at target?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target (Akron, OH) in November 2014.

Interview

I interviewed for the company in November of 2014 so I don’t recall most of the questions that were asked. However the interview consisted of two parts where I interviewed with 2 different people before I was offered the job by the store manager. The process was pretty simple and asked questions where you had to describe what you would do in a particular situation. Other than that the questions were pretty basic and easy to answer. I did not prepare and went in feeling nervous as I often do during interviews and I still received the job right on the spot.

Interview Questions

• If a guest said a price for an item was lower than it was ringing up as what would you do?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Summerville, SC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Target (Summerville, SC) in October 2017.

Interview

After reviewing my resume they actually placed me in A&A as I was only hired seasonally. The best niter views was relaxed and the LOD Lead on Duty seemed very professional.

Anonymous Employee in Harrisburg, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (Harrisburg, PA) in April 2017.

Interview

had to interviewers first was a team leader, the second was a manager, they just go through basic interview questions and they let you know if you got the job on spot.

Interview Questions

• why do you think you would be a good fit for target   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Johnson City, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target (Johnson City, TN) in October 2017.

Interview

Showed up for open interviews, once i got in the interview she asked a few questions about what i would do in certain situations and said I would be a good fit for the job. The actual interview was around 10 minutes maybe less.

Interview Questions

• What would you you do to handle an angry customer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Van Nuys, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (Van Nuys, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

The process was easy and very smooth. Nothing hard and all questions were basic. There was nothing comprehensive about the questions, it was all standard and generalized. If you have common sense you can ace the interview.

Cashier Interview

Interview

It was over the phone. Just asked a little about my background and told me a little about the company. They said they would talk to the store and call me if they were interested in doing another interview. I think the phone interview was with a recruiter.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Conversational in the beginning follow by situational questions. First round was a phone interview and once I passed the first round, it was followed by an in person interview. On the day of the in person interview, I had to fill out a questionnaire about my personality and some were also situational questions. Once you passed the second round, you attend an orientation.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you work in a team setting.   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work at Target?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Target (Miami, FL) in February 2018.

Interview

Applied online, got a call back less then 24 hours later, had my first interview with in the next day of the call, was ask behavioral questions “tell me about s time” type. Was asked to sell the red card, got a second interview the next day, really nice interview, was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you exceeded a customers expectations   Answer Question
    • Get me to sign up for the red card   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you have to adapt to a sudden change in the work place   Answer Question