Target Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Target Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Apr 24, 2017

2.2

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Did 2 interviews . First one was a little intimidating , the interviewer was asking basic interview questions . Then she scheduled me an second interview for the following week . My second interview was very easy , the manager was friendly .during the second interview he basically was telling me about what I would be doing as a cashier and told me I got the job. No drug test .

Interview Questions

• How do you handle difficult situations ?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

They had us all wait in a room next to the break room to be called in one at a time. It was a bit of a long wait, but nothing I wasn't used to. Once I was called, I was brought into a room with a manager and asked pretty simple questions. Don't be afraid to make some things up, especially if this is your first job. Make sure to memorize the REDcard promotions and tell them that you are completely confident selling them to people. This is all they care about. Have a good attitude and flexible schedule.

Cashier Interview

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Very quick and easy. You fill out the application online, get a call to come into the office where you applied to work. After you go through the interview they will call you within a few days with their decision.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Target (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Interviewed with a couple of people. It was an easy process and mostly pretty easy questions. Was only there for 5-10 minutes as they seemed pretty busy. Standard questions related to customer service.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a difficult customer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Woodbridge, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Target (Woodbridge, VA) in April 2017.

Interview

I was interviewed twice separately by two different people. The whole process took about an hour. They were really nice and understanding that most of the questions were pretty difficult to answer. They asked a lot of situational questions which I had trouble coming up with answers for on the spot. Just be talkative, make eye contact, and show that you're really interested in getting the job. They really want people who are bubbly and talkative.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you were working with a team and you disagreed with one of your team members. What was your solution and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • If I contacted one of your previous teachers, what would they say you could improve on?   Answer Question
    • If I contacted one of your previous teachers, what would they say your greatest strengths are?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lynchburg, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (Lynchburg, VA) in April 2017.

Interview

The hiring process was very straight forward and quick. I put in an application online and was called within three days. I went through two face to face interviews, on the same day about 10 minutes apart, with the assistant general manager and the logistics manger. Both were incredibly friendly and informative. After the second interview I was offered a position on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Target?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you had to stand up for yourself.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you had a disagreement with a coworker. How did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

It was very quick and easy. I recommend to apply, the work environment is very friendly but sometimes it get tough and some customers make your job tough. I like the coworkers but sometimes it was getting very tiring. I hate standing long hours

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

I applied online. I received an e-mail within two days to set up a phone interview. Got a phone interview for the next day. During the phone interview scheduled an in-person interview for the next day. Talked to the GSTL during the phone interview and in-person interview. The Front End lead was also present but didn't ask me any questions, he just sat in on the interview. I was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you had to work as part of a team.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in West Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (West Seattle, WA).

Interview

There are 2 interviews, The 1st is with head of HR, the second is with the Lead of the department, Sales floor, Cashier, Clothing, Logistics. But initially, I wasn't told "Welcome to the team" It wasn't until I was about to leave another HR person started handing me paperwork about orientation, that I knew I had been hired.

Interview Questions

• What do you do if a co-worker is having a bad day?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Interview

I had applied to this position and was called for an interview a couple days later. The manager called at 8:30 p.m. and had left a message. She expressed her interest in asking me a few questions and setting up a potential interview. She said I could call back "tomorrow," but did not leave a callback number.

I called the number that came up on my caller ID, which took me to the store operator. I was then forwarded to the line of that manager. She picked up and sounded a bit frazzled/irritated, saying that she was currently in a meeting and would have her assistant call me "in a couple minutes." She also couldn't remember anything about me, despite having left a message less than 24 hrs ago.

Almost needless to say, I never got a call from the assistant and never heard back from this manager. This was an incredibly unorganized and sloppy process, especially for a respectable company like Target.