Target Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,027 Interview Reviews

2.2

1,027 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

I showed up ten minutes early and got kind of pushed to the side. The questions were repetitive and bland, they seemed eager to get my interview over with. They never contacted me after, not even to say I did not get the job.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target (New York, NY).

Interview

Asked several questions about my work experience. Was still in school so they asked about the classes I took, what clubs I participated in, etc. Very informal and overall very easy. Hiring director was pleasant to interview with

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2017.

Interview

The hiring process was smooth. I applied online and within a week I received a called from the hiring manager. I was asked a couple of questions over the phone to know my availability. Later, I was scheduled for an in person interview.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Easy! Interview was over the phone then an in person interview with store manager. The interview process went very smoothly and I️ would recommend friends to work there. It was very flexible from the beginning and that is what pulled me in.

Interview Questions

• Why did I️ want to work with target?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Target (New York, NY).

Interview

I had to wait forever to be interviewed. During the process they asked very silly questions, mostly none of it had to do at all with working at a Target. I waited to be interviewed again the same day and then the next day they offered the job.

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to do more than asked, even if you do not get paid for it?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Target in November 2017.

Interview

I applied online and got a call for an interview a day later. Granted this is the holiday season so they are busy and need people, but it was still nice to be gotten back to in such a timely manner. I went in for my interview a few days later expecting to be told this is just seasonal and don't get your hopes up for more than that. However, I came out with the job and the promise that if you do well and show up, you can keep working. As a recent grad who hasn't been able to get a job in my field, I was slightly sad to be applying to a part-time retail job. After my interview I felt a lot better, as the 3 people I talked to all assured me that after talking to me they could tell I would move up the ladder fast, and even described positions they could see me in in the future. Definitely made me feel better and excited to start work!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Irvine, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

The process took about two weeks. When I went for the interview, I had to wait for quite a while for the person to come and interview me. However, she was very nice.

Cashier Interview

Interview

It was pretty normal. You had to sign up on a screen. Then they called you in for an interview after you submitted your aplication. Target employees are disposable so they dont care as much.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Pretty common questions. They bring you into a room along with other potential candidates, and asked several questions.

After the interview, I got a call a few weeks later. I started working the next day after the call.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with an angry customer?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Applied online and about a week later scheduled an interview by a call from the company. If you read the other questions others have written you should be well off.