Target Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Target Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Apr 21, 2017

2.2

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Did 2 interviews . First one was a little intimidating , the interviewer was asking basic interview questions . Then she scheduled me an second interview for the following week . My second interview was very easy , the manager was friendly .during the second interview he basically was telling me about what I would be doing as a cashier and told me I got the job. No drug test .

Interview Questions

• How do you handle difficult situations ?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Cashier Interview

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Very quick and easy. You fill out the application online, get a call to come into the office where you applied to work. After you go through the interview they will call you within a few days with their decision.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Target (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Interviewed with a couple of people. It was an easy process and mostly pretty easy questions. Was only there for 5-10 minutes as they seemed pretty busy. Standard questions related to customer service.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a difficult customer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Lynchburg, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (Lynchburg, VA) in April 2017.

Interview

The hiring process was very straight forward and quick. I put in an application online and was called within three days. I went through two face to face interviews, on the same day about 10 minutes apart, with the assistant general manager and the logistics manger. Both were incredibly friendly and informative. After the second interview I was offered a position on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Target?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you had to stand up for yourself.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you had a disagreement with a coworker. How did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

It was very quick and easy. I recommend to apply, the work environment is very friendly but sometimes it get tough and some customers make your job tough. I like the coworkers but sometimes it was getting very tiring. I hate standing long hours

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

I applied online. I received an e-mail within two days to set up a phone interview. Got a phone interview for the next day. During the phone interview scheduled an in-person interview for the next day. Talked to the GSTL during the phone interview and in-person interview. The Front End lead was also present but didn't ask me any questions, he just sat in on the interview. I was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you had to work as part of a team.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in West Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (West Seattle, WA).

Interview

There are 2 interviews, The 1st is with head of HR, the second is with the Lead of the department, Sales floor, Cashier, Clothing, Logistics. But initially, I wasn't told "Welcome to the team" It wasn't until I was about to leave another HR person started handing me paperwork about orientation, that I knew I had been hired.

Interview Questions

• What do you do if a co-worker is having a bad day?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Interview

I had applied to this position and was called for an interview a couple days later. The manager called at 8:30 p.m. and had left a message. She expressed her interest in asking me a few questions and setting up a potential interview. She said I could call back "tomorrow," but did not leave a callback number.

I called the number that came up on my caller ID, which took me to the store operator. I was then forwarded to the line of that manager. She picked up and sounded a bit frazzled/irritated, saying that she was currently in a meeting and would have her assistant call me "in a couple minutes." She also couldn't remember anything about me, despite having left a message less than 24 hrs ago.

Almost needless to say, I never got a call from the assistant and never heard back from this manager. This was an incredibly unorganized and sloppy process, especially for a respectable company like Target.

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

First there was a phone interview and then I had two other in person interviews. They seemed to be unorganized once you got your foot in the door and the person I was suppose to originally interview with could not be found so I had to come back another day.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time when you had to go to someone with more experience for help?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Wilsonville, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target (Wilsonville, OR).

Interview

Standard behavior interview. I needed to apply online first and fill out a long form with various behavior questions. Then I was called a few days later and had a roughly similar experience in person before I was given the job.