Target Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Target Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Jun 14, 2017

2.7

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Really easy questions about situations you may have had in the past. Not difficult, but that may be due to me and the interviewer having a common interest in tennis.

Interview Questions

• What is one time you have had contention with another and work together to figure out a solution?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Cashier Interview

Interview

The interview was very scripted, as the manager was directly reading off the paper. It seemed to be systematic, since there were so many people to interview (19 when I was there).

Interview Questions

• Talk about a challenge you've faced working in a group, and what were your emotions and the outcome   Answer Question
    • How do you deal with distractions?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Tulsa, OK).

Interview

A manager asked situational type questions off a paper and wrote down your answer nothing personal what so ever, they then give those papers to the manager in charge of hiring, so you never even get to speak to that manager unless youre hired. Its about as personal as what you fill out online but someone writes it down instead.

Interview Questions

• If i asked your past teachers or supervisors what would they say is your worst quality/area you need to improve in?   Answer Question
    • Name a time when your attitude changed the mood of an entire group   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you showed responsibility by asking someone of higher authority than you for help   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (San Diego, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied to Target online and was sent an email about a week later to set up an interview. I had a phone interview and afterwards, I set up an in person interview for the next day. There were two in person interviews. I passed the first one but did not pass the second. The questions were all behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you went above and beyond someone's expectations.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Plano, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online, then received a call a week later to come in for an interview the next day. The interviewer had a sheet with pre-determined questions on it asking about situations in which you dealt with other people. She wrote down only what I said, not about how I presented the information. At the end of the interview she said they had to send in the information to HR and that they would then contact me in a few days. I received a standard rejection email a few days later.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Target?   Answer Question
    • Do you have any past experience that may help you in this position?   Answer Question
    • Talk about a time when you had to deal with someone who disagreed with you. How did you attempt to resolve the situation?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

started with a phone interview, got called in for in person interview and did not get the job. people were nice. there isnt really anything else to say so i guess thats it

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midlothian, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Midlothian, VA) in April 2017.

Interview

Mostly the interviewer talked and told stories about herself. She was late and unprepared. Very unprofessional in her behavior and appearance and had no respect for confidentiality of the other applicants. She told me about the other people she had already interviewed and talked negatively about 2 of them while laughing.

Cashier Interview

Interview

I had applied to this position and was called for an interview a couple days later. The manager called at 8:30 p.m. and had left a message. She expressed her interest in asking me a few questions and setting up a potential interview. She said I could call back "tomorrow," but did not leave a callback number.

I called the number that came up on my caller ID, which took me to the store operator. I was then forwarded to the line of that manager. She picked up and sounded a bit frazzled/irritated, saying that she was currently in a meeting and would have her assistant call me "in a couple minutes." She also couldn't remember anything about me, despite having left a message less than 24 hrs ago.

Almost needless to say, I never got a call from the assistant and never heard back from this manager. This was an incredibly unorganized and sloppy process, especially for a respectable company like Target.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasant Pr, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Pleasant Pr, WI) in March 2017.

Interview

I apply for target and a day later I called a call for a interview. I went in on Friday and had two interviews. Both interviews went great and they both acted like I was going to get the job. We even laughed and I enjoyed myself. After the second interview she said they would call for on Monday so I could sign some papers. I never heard from them I called wondering what was going on and they told me to to watch out for a call or email. After four weeks of waiting I got an email saying they could not offer me a job at this time. What is strange is they acted like I got the job and I do have experience as a cashier. I do shop at that target often, and I notice they had some new cashiers, and they were so rude. I could't believe that they didn't hire me and they gave me false hope. They are not people of their word they told me they would call me Monday and I heard from them four weeks later! I got another job where people keep their word.

Interview Questions

• Do you have customer service experience?
      How many hours are you looking for?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lehigh Acres, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (Lehigh Acres, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

I was contacted two months after I applied for the job and they asked for a interview a week later. I went in and talked to a lower management employee. It went amazing we were laughing and he seemed like he really liked me. I mentioned that I have experience in close team work since I worked in a small store beforehand, that I knew someone in a different store so I knew the basics already, and knew the specifications of the Target Red Card. The manager asked me if I could do another interview that day and I said of course. An upper management guy walked in and I knew that he wasn't going to listen to anything I had to say. He wore a read hoodie with a stain, scraggy face, and looked like he had rolled out of bed. He asked me questions and barely wrote down anything until the end where I sat silently for five minutes as he filled out the worksheet they went off of. I was told I'll be getting a call in a week but I got an email on Sunday saying that they were not moving forward with my application. I went in to ask HR about it because I wanted to know what I could improve upon and what I did wrong because I thought I had it in the bag. What did she say? The second interview was just below what we were looking for. The customer service guy looked at her when she said the man's name who was interviewing me and when she left he said that if it were up to him he'd hire me on the spot just for coming in and that the guy was known for hiring the worst people who always quit.