Target Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,017 Interview Reviews

2.2

1,017 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

I showed up ten minutes early and got kind of pushed to the side. The questions were repetitive and bland, they seemed eager to get my interview over with. They never contacted me after, not even to say I did not get the job.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Target (New York, NY).

Interview

I had to wait forever to be interviewed. During the process they asked very silly questions, mostly none of it had to do at all with working at a Target. I waited to be interviewed again the same day and then the next day they offered the job.

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to do more than asked, even if you do not get paid for it?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Target in November 2017.

Interview

I applied online and got a call for an interview a day later. Granted this is the holiday season so they are busy and need people, but it was still nice to be gotten back to in such a timely manner. I went in for my interview a few days later expecting to be told this is just seasonal and don't get your hopes up for more than that. However, I came out with the job and the promise that if you do well and show up, you can keep working. As a recent grad who hasn't been able to get a job in my field, I was slightly sad to be applying to a part-time retail job. After my interview I felt a lot better, as the 3 people I talked to all assured me that after talking to me they could tell I would move up the ladder fast, and even described positions they could see me in in the future. Definitely made me feel better and excited to start work!

Cashier Interview

Interview

It was pretty normal. You had to sign up on a screen. Then they called you in for an interview after you submitted your aplication. Target employees are disposable so they dont care as much.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Pretty common questions. They bring you into a room along with other potential candidates, and asked several questions.

After the interview, I got a call a few weeks later. I started working the next day after the call.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with an angry customer?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Interview

Felt overly formal for an entry-level position. The interviewer basically just read questions out of a packet and wrote down my answers. My personal preference is interviews that feel more like a conversation, so I could just be biased, but it felt like I was being expected to answer each question with a monologue/essay rather than answering anything practical about the job I'd need to be doing.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected, just had difficulty coming up with relevant answers to the questions they asked. Look up STAR questions and you should be fine.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Interview

I applied and got an automated email about 4 days after, saying that no positions were available. I'm assuming it's because I put specific hours for my availability, when I should've been more flexible and specifiy in the interview. I unfortunately can't reapply online again because I have to wait 60 days before applying again. I tried dropping off my resume at the store, and multiple employees didn't know what to do and said that they normally take resumes after they schedule the interview. So basically I have to wait 60 days before I can reapply, fix the scheduling, so I can eventually get an interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where regular routine was interrupted and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Applied online and about a week later scheduled an interview by a call from the company. If you read the other questions others have written you should be well off.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Target (Colorado Springs, CO) in October 2017.

Interview

I was treated very rudely and I suffered discrimination by the interviewer. As soon as I informed him that I was a pastor and a graduate student attending Seminary school, he rolled his eyes and would not listen to another word I spoke. I wore a Carolina Herrera dress and was polite and told him I could work any shift except my class time and he was obviously an atheist who had no respect for any pastor or graduate student. I have never been treated so miserably in my whole life. This company discriminates against religion.

Interview Questions

• He kept asking me questions about my religion and I told him that I had straight A's in mathematics and he laughed and said, "Let me guess - was it general mathematics?" And, I replied, "No, I had algebra, geometry, and calculus. He asked me what my hobby was and I told him I collected antique dolls and dollhouses and he rolled his eyes again and made fun of me.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

It was a long wait in line during their hiring event then you are interviewed about how you deal with certain situations that include a customer or coworker in which you will either get a job offer or you walk out. I got the job offer and was told id be called back after the background check still waiting. 4 days passed already