Target Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,017 Interview Reviews

2.2

1,017 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Enfield, CT

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (Enfield, CT) in October 2011.

Interview

In-store application. 1:1 Interview/assistant manager and store tour. Can you work these selected hours without time off? Tell me something cool about yourself? Group interview: two days later with ten people. Final Interview: no offer: overqualified: I had to much education. Target was like Walmart very liberal work culture.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Cashier Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target in November 2010.

Interview

i was seen and interviewed by 3 different managers, and then told that i was offered the job, if i approved of the pay. The interviews lasted at least 2 hours, pretty intense for a store.

Interview Questions

• give an example of a time when you were asked to perform a difficult task at work, and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I tried to negotiate, because the pay was so low, but they said no. Take it or leave it.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target in October 2017.

Interview

Put in application online Tuesday, got a call to come in for a first interview on Friday. After the interview the guy said he'd move me to the second interview and HR would call me Monday but instead got an email saying they were unable to offer me a position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to work with someone you disagreed with.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time your schedule suddenly changed.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to work in a group with other people.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Target (Colorado Springs, CO) in October 2017.

Interview

I was treated very rudely and I suffered discrimination by the interviewer. As soon as I informed him that I was a pastor and a graduate student attending Seminary school, he rolled his eyes and would not listen to another word I spoke. I wore a Carolina Herrera dress and was polite and told him I could work any shift except my class time and he was obviously an atheist who had no respect for any pastor or graduate student. I have never been treated so miserably in my whole life. This company discriminates against religion.

Interview Questions

• He kept asking me questions about my religion and I told him that I had straight A's in mathematics and he laughed and said, "Let me guess - was it general mathematics?" And, I replied, "No, I had algebra, geometry, and calculus. He asked me what my hobby was and I told him I collected antique dolls and dollhouses and he rolled his eyes again and made fun of me.   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Interview

Felt overly formal for an entry-level position. The interviewer basically just read questions out of a packet and wrote down my answers. My personal preference is interviews that feel more like a conversation, so I could just be biased, but it felt like I was being expected to answer each question with a monologue/essay rather than answering anything practical about the job I'd need to be doing.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected, just had difficulty coming up with relevant answers to the questions they asked. Look up STAR questions and you should be fine.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (San Jose, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview process was horrible, I was rescheduled because they were too "busy" to interview me and I had to go back in because when they did finally they forgot a bunch of paperwork, which honestly really delayed me because I feel like I could have started working a lot earlier than I did. The interview questions were also really long and vague too.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Target (Seattle, WA) in August 2016.

Interview

Quick initial briefing and then there are 2 back to back interviews of mainly the same questions where your answers are rated as either poor or strong. Then you get a call letting you know whether you're hired or not.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time where you handled an angry customer when management was out of reach.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Raleigh, NC) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied online. First interview went well. I was asked behavioral and situational questions. The intervier was very kind and gave me time to think. On a second interview, I was lost because English is my second language and I could hardly understand intervier. I was declined in offer.

Interview Questions

• tell me about yourself (how do you like to spend your time, your hobbies)?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

I applied online and took their lengthy assessment. I received a phone call from HR about a week after I applied. She asked my availability, why I wanted to work there, and scheduled a phone interview for the next day. I got the phone call 10 minutes late the next day. I was asked behavioral questions and then she told me I would get a call later to schedule the second interview, which I did. I went to the second interview the next morning, dressed in business casual. I was a few minutes early. The HR person did not remember my name, and the person interviewing me was off somewhere in the store apparently unaware they had an appointment for an interview. They were also late. The interview was more behavioral questions. I felt very uncomfortable as the interviewer never smiled at me and kept looking at my mouth as I spoke, which I thought was weird and likely a part of her behavioral evaluation of me. She pointed out that I had no sales experience (for a cashier position). It was a bizarre interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a stressful situation and what you did about it.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Interview

I did a phone interview and then a few days later did another in-person. The questions were mostly giving examples of how you'd handed different types of situations in the past.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you got distracted while completing a task and how did you handle it?   Answer Question