Target Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Target Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Mar 29, 2017

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Enfield, CT

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (Enfield, CT) in October 2011.

Interview

In-store application. 1:1 Interview/assistant manager and store tour. Can you work these selected hours without time off? Tell me something cool about yourself? Group interview: two days later with ten people. Final Interview: no offer: overqualified: I had to much education. Target was like Walmart very liberal work culture.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Cashier Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target in November 2010.

Interview

i was seen and interviewed by 3 different managers, and then told that i was offered the job, if i approved of the pay. The interviews lasted at least 2 hours, pretty intense for a store.

Interview Questions

• give an example of a time when you were asked to perform a difficult task at work, and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I tried to negotiate, because the pay was so low, but they said no. Take it or leave it.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Target (Seattle, WA) in August 2016.

Interview

Quick initial briefing and then there are 2 back to back interviews of mainly the same questions where your answers are rated as either poor or strong. Then you get a call letting you know whether you're hired or not.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time where you handled an angry customer when management was out of reach.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Raleigh, NC) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied online. First interview went well. I was asked behavioral and situational questions. The intervier was very kind and gave me time to think. On a second interview, I was lost because English is my second language and I could hardly understand intervier. I was declined in offer.

Interview Questions

• tell me about yourself (how do you like to spend your time, your hobbies)?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

I applied online and took their lengthy assessment. I received a phone call from HR about a week after I applied. She asked my availability, why I wanted to work there, and scheduled a phone interview for the next day. I got the phone call 10 minutes late the next day. I was asked behavioral questions and then she told me I would get a call later to schedule the second interview, which I did. I went to the second interview the next morning, dressed in business casual. I was a few minutes early. The HR person did not remember my name, and the person interviewing me was off somewhere in the store apparently unaware they had an appointment for an interview. They were also late. The interview was more behavioral questions. I felt very uncomfortable as the interviewer never smiled at me and kept looking at my mouth as I spoke, which I thought was weird and likely a part of her behavioral evaluation of me. She pointed out that I had no sales experience (for a cashier position). It was a bizarre interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a stressful situation and what you did about it.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Interview

I did a phone interview and then a few days later did another in-person. The questions were mostly giving examples of how you'd handed different types of situations in the past.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you got distracted while completing a task and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Target in March 2016.

Interview

The interviewing process wasn't bad was not good either. I had two rounds of interviews. The first interview was by the manager of the cashiers and the second interview was done by an HR person. There were about 10 people in the break room waiting for an interview when i got there and felt the pressure. Ultimately I did not get the job because I did not have any experience and probably because they thought I wasn't going to stay long.

Interview Questions

• @: Explain a time when you had to work through a problem. What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target in March 2016.

Interview

Completed a application Online, surprisingly got a a phone call for a interview 2 days later. The Interview Process wasn't as bad and Nerve wrecking as I thought it would be I even came on here to get a feel for what it'd be like but it wasn't too resourceful.
    It was basically a 3 part, 2 interviews both 15 - 20 minutes long.
    The 3rd part is when you actually got the job you'll go in the back with the HR and He/She will offer a deal.
    Realistic Hint; You most likely didn't get if you're free to go after the 2nd interview

Interview Questions

• The questions were long and a little complex nothing like any other job interview I've experienced, I'd say this was the toughest interview out of all interviews I've done. I don't remember everyone question by heart because they were long and there was a lot.
      Questions were more situational and life experience related
      " When was a time, how and what was the outcome "
      Something like that to test your Leadership and People skills etc
      1 Answer

Negotiation

Was offered a Job right on the spot for Cashier Position
    $10 hourly

Anonymous Employee in South Setauket, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Target (South Setauket, NY) in May 2011.

Interview

Very tough for a menial low skill position, although this likely filtered out some "undesireables" and improved the work environment in the long run. Waited about an hour before the interview started. Interviewed with a floor manager and asked typical behavioral questions, then waited another half hour and interviewed with a general manager that asked the same questions. Had to pass a urine drug test.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you acted as a leader. (for a cashier position?? lol)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target (San Mateo, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

I came in for a interview , we shakes hand. They sat me down and ask a list of question and after that she told me to wait in the break room about 10 mins or so they came back and ask if I ready for the 2nd interview and I got interviewed by the HR hiring girl, through out all it was a great experiences and got hired on spot.