Target Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 18, 2017

2.7

188 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Enfield, CT

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (Enfield, CT) in October 2011.

Interview

In-store application. 1:1 Interview/assistant manager and store tour. Can you work these selected hours without time off? Tell me something cool about yourself? Group interview: two days later with ten people. Final Interview: no offer: overqualified: I had to much education. Target was like Walmart very liberal work culture.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Raleigh, NC) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied online. First interview went well. I was asked behavioral and situational questions. The intervier was very kind and gave me time to think. On a second interview, I was lost because English is my second language and I could hardly understand intervier. I was declined in offer.

Interview Questions

• tell me about yourself (how do you like to spend your time, your hobbies)?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

I applied online and took their lengthy assessment. I received a phone call from HR about a week after I applied. She asked my availability, why I wanted to work there, and scheduled a phone interview for the next day. I got the phone call 10 minutes late the next day. I was asked behavioral questions and then she told me I would get a call later to schedule the second interview, which I did. I went to the second interview the next morning, dressed in business casual. I was a few minutes early. The HR person did not remember my name, and the person interviewing me was off somewhere in the store apparently unaware they had an appointment for an interview. They were also late. The interview was more behavioral questions. I felt very uncomfortable as the interviewer never smiled at me and kept looking at my mouth as I spoke, which I thought was weird and likely a part of her behavioral evaluation of me. She pointed out that I had no sales experience (for a cashier position). It was a bizarre interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a stressful situation and what you did about it.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Interview

I did a phone interview and then a few days later did another in-person. The questions were mostly giving examples of how you'd handed different types of situations in the past.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you got distracted while completing a task and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Target in March 2016.

Interview

The interviewing process wasn't bad was not good either. I had two rounds of interviews. The first interview was by the manager of the cashiers and the second interview was done by an HR person. There were about 10 people in the break room waiting for an interview when i got there and felt the pressure. Ultimately I did not get the job because I did not have any experience and probably because they thought I wasn't going to stay long.

Interview Questions

• @: Explain a time when you had to work through a problem. What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sawgrass, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Sawgrass, FL) in August 2013.

Interview

Asks a lot of questions. It's hard if you never had a job before.

First they asked me about myself, why I wanted to work there, if a customer needed help with a shoe, what would I do, etc. Lots of questions, and they write it down. You can't lie really, and if you can, fake it til you make it. I am not that type of person, so I didn't do well. Also this was my first interview ever.

I didn't get a good manager, and I'm glad I didn't get this job. Every employee complained of the manager and their jobs. I didn't want to be in that type of environment.

Also even though the job is for Cashier, they basically want you to be a sales person. They wanted you to sell those red cards, and its more important than anything apparently.

Now that I think of it, he asked me if I had experience selling something, which I didn't. I wasn't offered a job or anything, and he actually just left without saying anything, it was a terrible feeling actually, but I learned a lot. It was my first interview.

Interview Questions

• If a customer needed help in buying a shoe, what would you do? What if we didn't have the shoe?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Boulder, CO) in May 2012.

Interview

One interview. Was left waiting for half an hour. When I finally got in the interviewer looked at me like I was trash the whole time. I did not get hired.

Interview Questions

• Come up with an example of the last time you worked with a group of people to achieve a common goal.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target (Ontario, CA) in December 2012.

Interview

Very tedious and annoying interview. Basically all the questions people have posted are exactly what was asked. You do about 3-4 interviews just to be a cashier, very long process. Seemed kind of un-organized as people were running around everywhere. You are interviewed by 2 people at a time each time.

Interview Questions

• Name a mistake made at a previous job, and what did you do to fix it   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Danforth, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Danforth, IL) in December 2012.

Interview

I've applied online in October 2012. 2 days later I got an online assessment. On online assessment all questions were behavioral based like there were different scenarios and i had to choose my response according to that. In few question I had to choose both best and worst responses. I think that were the trickier part for me. After the submission of assessment I got an email to schedule for interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you make an angry customer satisfied?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cypress, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Target (Cypress, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

I applied online and was given an interview a few weeks later. I regret going to this interview. They were very unprofessional. The first guy who interviewed me was the team leader, he was very awkward. First of all, his face was all flushed red. He would not look at me and I noticed that he did not ask me all the questions that were on his paper, he skipped some because he seemed so nervous which is weird because that is his job. I had a second interview and the lady was really rude. She would ask me a question and stare at me with wide eyes and had this snobby look on her face. She did not try make a conversation with me she just remained quiet the whole time.. would only ask me the questions and that's it. I never heard back from them,. This is my local target and I shop there frequently. A few days later I noticed they hired a lot of new people and I was not impressed at all. They hired a guy who was very slow at cashiering, he would not greet customers and he would stare at girl's bodies as they were making transaction. I also noticed they hired a lady who was all decked out in tattoos and she was very rude. I don't know why decided to hire these kinds of people. I just feel like the whole process was a very awkward experience. If you are a normal, smart person, do not apply here. They only seem to hire people who aren't all there . Every time I shop here and see the manager/team leader who interviewed me, they avoid me and do not look at me. most of their interview questions start with "describe a situation" they ask about 7 of those questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you worked with in a team on a project and your teammates were not participating, how did you approach them and how did the project turn out?   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation when a customer was unhappy, what did you do to make them leave satisfied?   Answer Question