Target Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Target Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Feb 25, 2017

2.2

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Applied for seasonal, got a call a few days later asking for an interview. Very simple, generic questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to work with someone who disliked you.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Cashier Interview

Interview

They hire people who are friendly and committed to work. the interview process is very relaxing. they will ask about former job experience. they will also ask personal questions to see the candidate's personality.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (Columbia, SC) in October 2012.

Interview

I filled out the application online. About a week or two later, someone called and asked me like 2 questions--1) Why do you want to work at target? and 2) What is your availability? She pretty much repeated to me the days and hours I said I would work on the application and then asked if it was correct. Then she told me what position was available, the responsibility of that position and then wanted to know if I was still interested. I told her yes. Next, she said she wanted to set on a phone interview for me, so I told her what time would be best. She stressed to me how important it was to be by the phone when the person called or else I would be marked as a 'No Show.' That part was easy. Here comes the weird, not so easy part: So, the day of my phone interview, I was by my phone waiting for the call. The interviewer sounded new, young and inexperienced. She asked my a couple of "Tell me about a time....what was the outcome?" questions. Now....this is the part that didn't make any sense. Every time she asked me the question, I answered completely telling her the situation, what role I played, and the outcome of the situation. But, after every questions she asked me, 'What was the outcome?' as if she wasn't even listening. I had to constantly repeat myself over and over. I am a slow, clear speaker so I don't understand what the problem was. For example, she asked, 'Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer/employee and what was the outcome?' I told her about the time one of the employees were having car trouble and couldn't make it to pick up her check. She told me she didn't have a ride but she really needed the money to get her car fixed. So, after work, I drove half an hour to meet her relative just so she could get her check to fix her car. Of course, this wasn't in my job description....I just did it to help. After I told her this she then asked, 'What was the outcome?' HUH? The outcome was the fact that she was able to get her check due to me driving all the way out to meet her sister. Okay, again: "Tell me about a difficult tasks at work, how did you handle it and what was the outcome?" I told her about the time I had to learn how to use a software that I wasn't familiar with. I was having a lot of trouble figuring it out, so I asked the manager if I could come in on the weekend to familiarize my self with it. After working alone in the office, going through different tutorials with it, I finally got the hang of it. Once I did that, I no longer had any problems. AGAIN, she asked, 'What was the outcome?" The last time I checked, the outcome of a situation basically meant the end result. I didn't get why she kept asking me that when I clearly told her the end result of each answer. She sounded like she wanted to be doing anything at that moment other than giving an interview. That really pisses me off. Because she doesn't like, or want, to do her job she is in a bad mood and makes it impossible for me to have a decent interview. There are people out here who really need work and it is messed up that you could miss out on a job b/c of a sucky interviewer. But, what should she care? She has a job. Ugh. I am really starting to see why so many people get on gov. assistance and just stay on them. It is hopeless out here. It sucks b/c I love Target and would have loved to work there.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a client/employee and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Interview

Call in for interview 2 weeks after applying.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Interview took two hours. 3 interviews in total. Once you get through the first 2, you basically got the job.

Interview Questions

• you're cashing a customer out and a product rings in as $19.99. The customer insists that it was priced at 17.99   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Initial communications were difficult, to say the least. We played phone tag over and over for two days, but when I finally got a hold of them they were very polite and very nice. I did an interview by phone at first. It was pleasant, certainly.
    They will ask you VERY specific questions, wherein you have to draw from previous experience. It caught me off guard, but I was comfortable enough to take my time before I answered the interviewer. They said they wanted to get me in for an actual, face-to-face setup.
    During that interaction, the interviewer was a little more callous. He seemed sort of distracted? He asked me the exact same questions I was asked via phone. I didn't know whether I was supposed to answer the same way or not! Ultimately, it ended with a drug test and I was hired. But still. Strange.

Interview Questions

• "Please recall and describe for us a situation in which you were made to take on a leadership position and the result of said situation," ties with "If there's a guest at your register that is very adamant that the pricing is off, what do you do?"
      First was wordy and mildly confusing.
      But in the second, I wasn't aware you could adjust the price for customers.
      (They can. Within 20$)
      Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Interview

Can you stand on your feet all day long?

Anonymous Employee in Metairie, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target (Metairie, LA) in April 2013.

Interview

What is your negative?

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Cashier Interview

Interview

Applied online called next day for interview asked a few questions hired on the spot