Target Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Target Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Feb 12, 2017

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Gaithersburg, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Target (Gaithersburg, MD) in November 2014.

Interview

Met with manager, looked at my past retail experience working at Safeway, and then he asked me about my values and work ethic. Also asked questions about my schedule.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Anonymous Employee in Foothill Rnch, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target (Foothill Rnch, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

The first interview was conducted by a team lead if you pass the online/in-house questionnaire. The questions asked are from a form they use and is basically behavioral questions. Most relate to how you would react in situations. Once the first interview is over, if they like the applicant a second interview is conducted by someone else and similar questions are asked.

Interview Questions

• Please give an example of a group project you worked on and how you contributed.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Target (Atlanta, GA) in November 2014.

Interview

I dressed up professionally, and waited around to speak with the hiring manager for an hour. There were five other people that were interviewing for various positions. While I waited I filled out some standard paperwork then was called in to discuss an offer. I came in to train a week later.

Anonymous Employee in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Target (Rancho Cucamonga, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

Very simple and effective. Good interview questions, friendly interviewers. They called a couple of days after I submitted my initial application, ended up going in for a 1:1 and going through 2 separate interviewers. When I got through them they had me and a group of 5-6 other people head upstairs to take a test. Officially hired and trained a few days later.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to make a decision quickly with no information.
      What has been the worst feedback you received? Why?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (Indianapolis, IN) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very easy and only took a half hour. The person interviewing me made it sound like she liked me at then end, and I overheard her compliment me to another team member.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when there was a problem at work and you went above and beyond in order to fix it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Target (Seattle, WA) in August 2016.

Interview

Quick initial briefing and then there are 2 back to back interviews of mainly the same questions where your answers are rated as either poor or strong. Then you get a call letting you know whether you're hired or not.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time where you handled an angry customer when management was out of reach.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

First step was a phone interview. The interviewer asked me questions about my previous work experience. Next step was an in person interview at the store. I met with two people who asked more similar questions about my previous work experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to make a decision under difficult circumstances.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target in January 2017.

Interview

HR called in for a first interview, scheduled a date. Came in for the first interview, talked about situational questions. That went well, so they gave me a second interview directly after, same types of questions. After that they said they wanted to offer me a job. Because the HR rep wasn't there that day I had to go in another day to officially accept the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Fort Worth, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

After I applied online, they contacted me a week or two later to set up an interview. The actual interview only took 30 minutes. They asked mainly situational questions. I answered honestly with examples some of which I just made up on the spot. After all these questions I talked to the team leader, she asked what I like about Target and then a start date.

Anonymous Employee in Brownsville, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Target (Brownsville, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied and got a job interview. Be prepared to answer questions the STAR method way. Most questions are situational. Target is a great company to work for so if you prepare for the interview you'll be set.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to take on leadership role in the work place?   Answer Question