Target Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 21, 2017

2.2

978 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Chicago, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

Filled out an application online, and was called within a week to go in for an interview. I had my first one with one manager. Very relaxed, informal, and she was nice. Then, she told me she wanted me to talk to one more person, so I did another interview right then with another manager, who was also nice. Then they hired me on the spot and I started training within 3 days. First interview was maybe 15 minutes, the second one was maybe only 10 minutes. Both interviews were one-on-one.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your weaknesses.
    Describe a time you worked in a group environment
    Why do you want to work at Target
    Tell me about your past retail experience   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbridge, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Woodbridge, VA) in April 2016.

Interview

Very relaxed. Made you feel comfortable. Questions were fairly easy to understand and answer. Not much stress. Team was concerned more with overall ability more than education. This style of interviewing was probably one of the best I've had in my job searching.

Anonymous Employee in Anaheim Hills, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Anaheim Hills, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

They'll have one of the team leads interview about scenarios and dealing with difficulties. Then move you onto a secondary interview with the lead from your position. And if you get the job you'll talk to human resources about the pay and details for training day.

Interview Questions

• Describe an experience where you had to work with someone unpleasant and how did you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (San Antonio, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

It was in store in an office and very casual. They asked basic interview questions, then told me I was hired within minutes of the interview. I spoke with a HR team member who wrote down the answers to my questions then moved on to the next question.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you worked with a team, and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Clemente, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (San Clemente, CA).

Interview

Two interviews, one with Front end manager then 2nd one with her manager. Both very professional-most questions were situational and applicable to the position. Both interviewers were professional, helpful and friendly.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you handled a situation where you had competing tasks   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Pretty standard interview for the most part. They asked questions like what to do when your in certain situations or how you overcame a certain difficulty. As long as you answer each question clear and fully you'll do fine.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you were in a difficult situation and what did you do to overcome it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Virginia Beach, VA).

Interview

Applied online for the position. took weeks before i heard back and was not asked for an interview. Was not given a answer for the reasons why. everything was done online.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Target in September 2017.

Interview

I waited for about ten minutes and they brought me to a room, they had me sit and read the job description. Once I was finished then they started asking the questions.

Anonymous Employee in Mira Loma, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Mira Loma, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Got a call two days later to schedule an interview. The interview was very easy and the target employee seemed very friendly. Answered 4 questions and was told to wait for a call for my second interview.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to work in a group.   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target in August 2015.

Interview

there were 2 interviews. one with the team lead of the department and the next with the executive from the department. you only get the second interview if the 1st interviewer liked you.