Target Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 18, 2017

2.7

188 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnsville, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Burnsville, MN).

Interview

I got called in the same I day submitted my application. They scheduled me for the first and it wasn't too bad. Look out for situational questions. The second interview will go by faster.

Interview Questions

• Give me a time when you taught something new to someone.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received a call the next day scheduling me for an interview. During the interview, everything went smoothly. The manager already told me about what attire I should wear for the job already. However, I was not hired. I was told after the first interview that I would receive a call later that afternoon from HR and I never got the call.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Target? Mostly behavioral questions were asked.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Phone interview a week after my online application, then two rounds of face to face interviews. Overall fairly smooth process, interviewers were friendly and understanding. Took around 2 hours overall.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you exceeded the expectations of a customer   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online then a couple days later i got called and was given an over the phone interview. Afterwards they called me in for a one on one interview. I went to the store was asked a couple general questions and was told i would get a call but never heard from them ever again.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Target in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online and after a week passed I called to confirm they received my resume since I never got a confirmation email or call. After another 2 weeks I got a call and they did a phone interview. The person on the phone then said I would receive another call of they decided to proceed with hiring me. Two days later I got a email saying that they will not be hiring me at this time.

Overall it was time consuming and stressful.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Brooklyn, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Soon as I arrived I sat for about ten seconds and was called into a room with my first interviewer. Waited about 2 minutes for the second. And about 5 minutes for the last interview. I realized I got the job when there were people there longer than me waiting to have an interview.

Interview Questions

• Were you ever in a situation at a work place where you had to deal with a customer or coworkers attitude? How did you deal with the situation?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Really easy questions about situations you may have had in the past. Not difficult, but that may be due to me and the interviewer having a common interest in tennis.

Interview Questions

• What is one time you have had contention with another and work together to figure out a solution?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Anaheim, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

It was a brief interview over the phone. The interviewer lacked interest in the interview and seemed to be rushed. He had me repeat my answers several times because he would repeat the same question over again.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Target (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

I was told to wait in the break room for about 10 minutes, and then was asked some basic questions by the interviewer, including my availability, education, previous work experience and why I wanted to work for Target. Then, I was asked four situational questions. I left, and they said "The exit is over there, we will call you in a week." They never called, and I called back the store and they said they filled up all the positions. There were a couple others interviewing the same day, including one of my friends, and my friend and others were hired right away, and were given instructions on when to show up for an interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Target?   1 Answer
    • What was one time you persuaded someone with your attitude?   1 Answer
    • What is your strength?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Plano, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online, then received a call a week later to come in for an interview the next day. The interviewer had a sheet with pre-determined questions on it asking about situations in which you dealt with other people. She wrote down only what I said, not about how I presented the information. At the end of the interview she said they had to send in the information to HR and that they would then contact me in a few days. I received a standard rejection email a few days later.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Target?   Answer Question
    • Do you have any past experience that may help you in this position?   Answer Question
    • Talk about a time when you had to deal with someone who disagreed with you. How did you attempt to resolve the situation?   Answer Question