Target Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,000 Interview Reviews

2.2

1,000 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Target (Riverside, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

I went to one of there hiring events filled the application out there then got a interview 30mins later they walk u to the back and they ask me multiple questions and why I want to work her what kind of experience do I have then they took me to the waiting room and I went into another room with a different lady and she congratulated me and told me I got the job the I fill out the tax from and I'm waiting for my background to clear now so I can start

Interview Questions

• Tell me some quality about you   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Target in September 2017.

Interview

I walked in asked a current employee where to find a manager she pointed to a locked Door on the other side of the building that I had to knock on. I went in there is a desk. I told them I was there for an interview they told me to wait in the break Room about half hour later I was approached by One manager she asked me about where I worked prior. If I was ok with promoting the target brand (redcard) etc. Asked about my availability. Asked some questions and we were done in that room. she told me I needed to see another manager for a second interview so to go back in the waiting Room. half hour latee I was brought back. this guy asked me about my availability again asked me Why I left my other jobs, how my attendance was at other jobs. proceeded to asked me some more questions it was more like a personality test Or stress test. They werent too concerned About my qualifications to do the job but they were very nice everybody was really nice.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to work with an employee that you disagreed with   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you were interrupted in the middle of a task   Answer Question
    • If we contacted one of your employers what would they say is an area of improvement for you   Answer Question
    • tell me about a time you were able to change a situation with your attitude   Answer Question
    • why do you choose to work at target   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Clemente, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (San Clemente, CA).

Interview

Two interviews, one with Front end manager then 2nd one with her manager. Both very professional-most questions were situational and applicable to the position. Both interviewers were professional, helpful and friendly.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you handled a situation where you had competing tasks   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Pretty standard interview for the most part. They asked questions like what to do when your in certain situations or how you overcame a certain difficulty. As long as you answer each question clear and fully you'll do fine.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you were in a difficult situation and what did you do to overcome it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Virginia Beach, VA).

Interview

Applied online for the position. took weeks before i heard back and was not asked for an interview. Was not given a answer for the reasons why. everything was done online.

Application

Interview

I waited for about ten minutes and they brought me to a room, they had me sit and read the job description. Once I was finished then they started asking the questions.

Anonymous Employee in Mira Loma, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Mira Loma, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Got a call two days later to schedule an interview. The interview was very easy and the target employee seemed very friendly. Answered 4 questions and was told to wait for a call for my second interview.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to work in a group.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Lake Park, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at Target (Lake Park, FL) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Got a call in 5 days. Went to service desk to ask for team leader . Interview start at the exact scheduled time and went for 20-30 mins. Then met with the manager. Got the offer on the spot. Informed about orientation on the same day. It is after a week.

Interview Questions

• Why do you select target?
      Describe a situation in which you exceeded someone's expectations.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

very easy; the man was very nice. The questions were the basic retail questions nothing that was very crazy. There are a lot of behavioral questions like why are you a good fit at Target.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you are a good fit   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Submitted application in store during a trip there and had a brief one on one interview within my local branch with the store manager about a week after my application was turned in and processed.

Interview Questions

• What has been your best Target find?   1 Answer