Target Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Target Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Mar 20, 2017

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mansfield, TX

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Target (Mansfield, TX).

Interview

Typical questions such as weaknesses and strengths. They also ask all questions and expect a specific example of when a skill they have asked you about was used efficiently, so you must prepare and be ready to tell stories on how your skills have been out to use.

Interview Questions

• What was one time you solved an issue between co-workers?   Answer Question

Salary was not up to debate

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Anonymous Employee in New Haven, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (New Haven, CT).

Interview

Very friendly and easy going management. Interview was easy. Lots of situational questions (explain a time when..., what would you do if..., tell me about a time you...) Did one interview with the guest service team lead, another with the sales floor ETL, and then gave all my info to HR.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target in January 2017.

Interview

HR called in for a first interview, scheduled a date. Came in for the first interview, talked about situational questions. That went well, so they gave me a second interview directly after, same types of questions. After that they said they wanted to offer me a job. Because the HR rep wasn't there that day I had to go in another day to officially accept the job.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (New York, NY).

Interview

Very pleasant experience. Applied online and received a call for an interview a week later. Interviewed at the store and received an offer on the spot. HR was quick and efficient in the decision-making process.

Interview Questions

• What was the biggest challenge you have had to overcome?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

I would briefly describe the hiring process of target, the same as i would describe it for many other companies. you apply online. they may or they may not call your phone and offer you an interview. if they do call you and offer you an interview .

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (New York, NY).

Interview

It was a pretty simple process. Went in and had first interview, if you pass that interview you are then asked to wait for the second. If your second interviewer approves then you are then offered a job. I was then given a drug test form which now is not given.

Interview Questions

• What is something that holds you back from reaching your goals?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

You apply over the internet. You can apply at the Target store or at your home. Then you'll receive a phone call from the manager with an invitation to interview. Then you'll go in to meet with the manager.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

I I was waiting for my other interview for 50 minutes and at 11:10 the guy said he would do my interview in a few minutes so I was like okay I'll wait for like 15 20 minutes that's cool and then that turned into another half hour and then I'm in my car exiting the parking lot and I see the exact guy who was supposed to do my interview casually walking back from Panera which is a full block away from Target... so basically he just wanted me to sit there until he was done enjoying his little break when he could have interviewed me which would have took a maximum of 10 minutes but hey I guess your break and your coffee was way more important than doing your job. Very professional. I'm never applying to retail again now I wonder why I've always been in the administrative assistant business. They don't clown around like you guys do. How disrespectful.

Interview Questions

• Ridiculous situational questions   1 Answer

Negotiation

Ridiculous ridiculous ridiculous disrespectful unprofessional ridiculous and ridiculous

Anonymous Employee in Austell, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target (Austell, GA) in December 2016.

Interview

Interviewed by team leader and then store manager. Asked questions off of a script and noted my answers. Team leader was really laidback but professional. He told me all the opportunities available and offered me the job

Anonymous Employee in Saginaw, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target (Saginaw, MI).

Interview

It was pretty quick, I went in and talked to one of the GSAs, LODs and then HR. It was a fairly easy process and took a little over an hour to meet with all three people. Upon hire they gave me a sheet with a number to call to set up my orenetation.

Interview Questions

• They asked the typical, what are your weaknesses question.   Answer Question