Target Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 15, 2017

2.7

203 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Target in September 2017.

Interview

I walked in asked a current employee where to find a manager she pointed to a locked Door on the other side of the building that I had to knock on. I went in there is a desk. I told them I was there for an interview they told me to wait in the break Room about half hour later I was approached by One manager she asked me about where I worked prior. If I was ok with promoting the target brand (redcard) etc. Asked about my availability. Asked some questions and we were done in that room. she told me I needed to see another manager for a second interview so to go back in the waiting Room. half hour latee I was brought back. this guy asked me about my availability again asked me Why I left my other jobs, how my attendance was at other jobs. proceeded to asked me some more questions it was more like a personality test Or stress test. They werent too concerned About my qualifications to do the job but they were very nice everybody was really nice.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to work with an employee that you disagreed with   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time you were interrupted in the middle of a task   Answer Question
  • If we contacted one of your employers what would they say is an area of improvement for you   Answer Question
  • tell me about a time you were able to change a situation with your attitude   Answer Question
  • why do you choose to work at target   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Virginia Beach, VA).

Interview

Applied online for the position. took weeks before i heard back and was not asked for an interview. Was not given a answer for the reasons why. everything was done online.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisonburg, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Harrisonburg, VA) in August 2017.

Interview

Short and sweet, wasn't offered the job based on availability but liked everyone and would apply again. Was told the only issue with my application was availability and that I was encouraged to apply again to a different postition or when my schedule changed

Interview Questions

• If we contacted a past employer what would they say your biggest strength is?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eugene, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Eugene, OR) in August 2017.

Interview

First contact was over the phone, asked why I wanted to work there, and how did I handle a situation that provided excellent customer service. Also wanted to know what type of retail service I had.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a situation that provided excellent customer service. Why do you want to work there? Have you ever had experience in retail?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnsville, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Burnsville, MN).

Interview

I got called in the same I day submitted my application. They scheduled me for the first and it wasn't too bad. Look out for situational questions. The second interview will go by faster.

Interview Questions

• Give me a time when you taught something new to someone.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Target in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online and after a week passed I called to confirm they received my resume since I never got a confirmation email or call. After another 2 weeks I got a call and they did a phone interview. The person on the phone then said I would receive another call of they decided to proceed with hiring me. Two days later I got a email saying that they will not be hiring me at this time.

Overall it was time consuming and stressful.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Phone interview a week after my online application, then two rounds of face to face interviews. Overall fairly smooth process, interviewers were friendly and understanding. Took around 2 hours overall.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you exceeded the expectations of a customer   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received a call the next day scheduling me for an interview. During the interview, everything went smoothly. The manager already told me about what attire I should wear for the job already. However, I was not hired. I was told after the first interview that I would receive a call later that afternoon from HR and I never got the call.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Target? Mostly behavioral questions were asked.   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Really easy questions about situations you may have had in the past. Not difficult, but that may be due to me and the interviewer having a common interest in tennis.

Interview Questions

• What is one time you have had contention with another and work together to figure out a solution?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Interview

The interview was very scripted, as the manager was directly reading off the paper. It seemed to be systematic, since there were so many people to interview (19 when I was there).

Interview Questions

• Talk about a challenge you've faced working in a group, and what were your emotions and the outcome   Answer Question
    • How do you deal with distractions?   Answer Question