Target Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Target Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Mar 13, 2017

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Target (Oklahoma City, OK) in November 2015.

Interview

I arrived waited at Starbucks for 15 minutes. The manager took me into a room and I waited for 15 to 20 minutes. After that interview, I interviewed with another person but had to wait 15 or twenty more minutes.

Interview Questions

• They kept asking about the store hours an whether or not I could work the hours.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Laguna Hills, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Laguna Hills, CA).

Interview

Interview was very short and every question was situational. The lady who interviewed me was reading the questions out a packet and writing down my responses. The questions are pretty easy, but some are hard to answer if you don't already have job experience. I wasn't called back for a second interview.

Interview Questions

• What was a situation where your attitude changed how the group worked?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Zurich, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target (Lake Zurich, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

Brief, less than 15 minutes for the whole interview. I was waiting on the interviewer longer than the interview took! Interviewer asked basic questions and I gave the qualified responses.

Interview Questions

• If I was willing to pick up extras hours, as available, to get more hours instead of hiring me as a full time employee.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manteca, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Manteca, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied online and got a call a couple weeks later. Asked me a couple of questions over the phone then got scheduled for an interview three days later. There was two interviews back to back. Questions about what you would do in certain situations. Most of the questions are on here so make sure you know your answer. Make sure to be confident.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Called back for the first interview after that they determine if you have a second one. Most are situational questions. The process can take a very long time because they have you wait a long time before the second interview.

Interview Questions

• You are applying for the position of a cashier. You do know that right ?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Target (Woodland, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Interview was pretty much full of "explain a time where..." Questions so that is a bit difficult to prepare for since you don't know what questions to expect. I they like you from that interview, someone will call you & set up a second interview

Interview Questions

• Explain a time where you had a disagreement with someone and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flushing, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Flushing, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

Applied online and the next they they called me for an appointment for a phone interview. The whole interview took around 20 minutes. He was very patient and professional and told me that he would would be writing my answers down. After it was over, he told me someone would get in touch to schedule an in person interview, but I never heard back from them.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you worked in a group to achieve a goal and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westborough, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Westborough, MA) in September 2015.

Interview

The interviewer seemed like she was in a rush. Quickly scanned through my application, and asked me why I wanted to work there and what my qualifications were. I had to wait a long time to get interviewed for some reason.

Interview Questions

• Why I want to work for target.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Target (Tampa, FL) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied in the store and got a call for a interview about a week later. Interview was really pretty basic experience questions. Asked questions about how you deal with situations in your previous job.

Interview Questions

• How did you deal with a customer that you disagreed with?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Target in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online and surprisingly they called me back within two days to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview went great, she sounded very promising and told me to expect a call in the next couple of days. I got a call that same day a few hours later for an in person interview, which I was excited for. A couple of days later, I arrive at the interview, everything was laid back and I was asked a few questions. Unfortunately I was not offered a position, but it was a great experience and easy going and friendly people to talk to. I would recommend at least trying Target!

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to ask for help from someone who had more experience than you   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation where you needed to prioritize many tasks and how did you manage it?   Answer Question
    • What would you say a previous manager/teacher would say your weaknesses are?   Answer Question
    • Name a time you had to explain something to a new person   Answer Question
    • Name a time you had to work with someone who was difficult to work with   Answer Question