Target Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 13, 2017

2.7

197 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midlothian, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Midlothian, VA) in April 2017.

Interview

Mostly the interviewer talked and told stories about herself. She was late and unprepared. Very unprofessional in her behavior and appearance and had no respect for confidentiality of the other applicants. She told me about the other people she had already interviewed and talked negatively about 2 of them while laughing.

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online then a couple days later i got called and was given an over the phone interview. Afterwards they called me in for a one on one interview. I went to the store was asked a couple general questions and was told i would get a call but never heard from them ever again.

Cashier Interview

Interview

I had applied to this position and was called for an interview a couple days later. The manager called at 8:30 p.m. and had left a message. She expressed her interest in asking me a few questions and setting up a potential interview. She said I could call back "tomorrow," but did not leave a callback number.

I called the number that came up on my caller ID, which took me to the store operator. I was then forwarded to the line of that manager. She picked up and sounded a bit frazzled/irritated, saying that she was currently in a meeting and would have her assistant call me "in a couple minutes." She also couldn't remember anything about me, despite having left a message less than 24 hrs ago.

Almost needless to say, I never got a call from the assistant and never heard back from this manager. This was an incredibly unorganized and sloppy process, especially for a respectable company like Target.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasant Pr, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Pleasant Pr, WI) in March 2017.

Interview

I apply for target and a day later I called a call for a interview. I went in on Friday and had two interviews. Both interviews went great and they both acted like I was going to get the job. We even laughed and I enjoyed myself. After the second interview she said they would call for on Monday so I could sign some papers. I never heard from them I called wondering what was going on and they told me to to watch out for a call or email. After four weeks of waiting I got an email saying they could not offer me a job at this time. What is strange is they acted like I got the job and I do have experience as a cashier. I do shop at that target often, and I notice they had some new cashiers, and they were so rude. I could't believe that they didn't hire me and they gave me false hope. They are not people of their word they told me they would call me Monday and I heard from them four weeks later! I got another job where people keep their word.

Interview Questions

• Do you have customer service experience?
      How many hours are you looking for?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lehigh Acres, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (Lehigh Acres, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

I was contacted two months after I applied for the job and they asked for a interview a week later. I went in and talked to a lower management employee. It went amazing we were laughing and he seemed like he really liked me. I mentioned that I have experience in close team work since I worked in a small store beforehand, that I knew someone in a different store so I knew the basics already, and knew the specifications of the Target Red Card. The manager asked me if I could do another interview that day and I said of course. An upper management guy walked in and I knew that he wasn't going to listen to anything I had to say. He wore a read hoodie with a stain, scraggy face, and looked like he had rolled out of bed. He asked me questions and barely wrote down anything until the end where I sat silently for five minutes as he filled out the worksheet they went off of. I was told I'll be getting a call in a week but I got an email on Sunday saying that they were not moving forward with my application. I went in to ask HR about it because I wanted to know what I could improve upon and what I did wrong because I thought I had it in the bag. What did she say? The second interview was just below what we were looking for. The customer service guy looked at her when she said the man's name who was interviewing me and when she left he said that if it were up to him he'd hire me on the spot just for coming in and that the guy was known for hiring the worst people who always quit.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

very easy. was interviewed by a young lady who was very nice and made me feel comfortable. she let me take my time answering questions and was very attentive

Interview Questions

• name one you had to work with somebody you dislike ?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target in February 2017.

Interview

So they call you and ask about your availability and salart and set you up with an interview. Once you're there they ask you a lot of situational questions like what would you do. It was pretty easy. Then they ask you to wait back out so they can discuss your interview with the supervisor. If you move on to the supervisor you pretty much got the job. Unfortunately I didn't move on to interview the supervisor because my availability wasn't good for their schedule (which I was they told me on the phone or not have called me the first place) but if they like you they'll keep you on file for 90 days if something opens up. ALSO doing the cashier job make sure you are ready to sell credit cards because they will stress this on you. If you don't have a great performance within the first 90 days then they will fire you. She told me herself. That's the one negative about it.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Applied online, had a referral from my sister.
    Interview was good and short.
    I think i had a second interview. They like you if you get a second one. On the second one, they hired me on the spot and told me to take a drug test that day.

If you do your interview and they don't mention anything about calling you back, more than likely didn't get the job (my sister is team lead and conducts interviews)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (New York, NY).

Interview

Easy asked me simple questions over the phone and then I came in for an interview where someone asked me more questions regarding my experience as a cashier. It was fairly easy and simple they informed me later that day that I got the position, however the pay was very low and even though I decided not to take on the role, it was still a pretty easy and following process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Brooklyn, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Soon as I arrived I sat for about ten seconds and was called into a room with my first interviewer. Waited about 2 minutes for the second. And about 5 minutes for the last interview. I realized I got the job when there were people there longer than me waiting to have an interview.

Interview Questions

• Were you ever in a situation at a work place where you had to deal with a customer or coworkers attitude? How did you deal with the situation?   1 Answer