Target Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 25, 2017

2.2

980 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Wilsonville, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Wilsonville, OR) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview process was simple. It consisted of two interviews, the first asking more of your past and the second asking more of your "place" at target. After the first interview, you watch a video that goes over the basics of target. The second interview is not necessarily a quiz of that video yet asks personal question that apply.

Interview Questions

• What was a time you had to sell a product and how did you go about it?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Fayetteville, NC) in June 2017.

Interview

Went in met with the Team Lead who conducted an interview. Following her I met with HR for my second interview. After the second interview, they gave me an offer. I do not regret it at all.

Interview Questions

• What was a time where you were constantly distracted and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Target (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Very nice people and many questions, overall a 2 hour interview. The HR manager was incredibly nice and helpful. I was offered the job on the spot. You basically just go in and answer a series of scenario questions, and then go over availability and start dates.

Cashier Interview

Interview

The interview was very scripted, as the manager was directly reading off the paper. It seemed to be systematic, since there were so many people to interview (19 when I was there).

Interview Questions

• Talk about a challenge you've faced working in a group, and what were your emotions and the outcome   Answer Question
    • How do you deal with distractions?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Miami, FL).

Interview

I went through three different interviews, with two in one day. It wasn't too bad, but I didn't understand why it had to be three...Each one was swift and sweet. The interviewers were very nice, however they seemed like they just wanted to hire anyone that wanted to work there, which showed desperation.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your strengths and weaknesses?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Tulsa, OK).

Interview

A manager asked situational type questions off a paper and wrote down your answer nothing personal what so ever, they then give those papers to the manager in charge of hiring, so you never even get to speak to that manager unless youre hired. Its about as personal as what you fill out online but someone writes it down instead.

Interview Questions

• If i asked your past teachers or supervisors what would they say is your worst quality/area you need to improve in?   Answer Question
    • Name a time when your attitude changed the mood of an entire group   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you showed responsibility by asking someone of higher authority than you for help   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

They had us all wait in a room next to the break room to be called in one at a time. It was a bit of a long wait, but nothing I wasn't used to. Once I was called, I was brought into a room with a manager and asked pretty simple questions. Don't be afraid to make some things up, especially if this is your first job. Make sure to memorize the REDcard promotions and tell them that you are completely confident selling them to people. This is all they care about. Have a good attitude and flexible schedule.

Anonymous Employee in Rocklin, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Rocklin, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied on their website, about a week or two later I received a phone call from an ETL who performed a small cursory interview and set up a time and date for a second phone interview which was about 3 days later. They asked questions with expectations of a 'situation, the behavior I exhibited, and the outcome' (the interviewer was laid back and even told me as such) on the phone interview. After that 2nd interview, which went well, they called me almost within 20 minutes to set up an in-person interview the following Monday (since the phone interview was on a Friday). That Monday was another cursory interview with another ETL who asked me more questions, and then once that was done I was taken to a small room where the first ETL I'd spoken with on the phone came in and offered me the job. From there, I had 24 hours to complete the background check by signing into their site a certain way and getting the questionnaire completed for that. After about 2 days, I got a call and an email that Wednesday about orientation on Thursday. They really look for people with bubbly personalities, cheerful optimism, and a passion for excellent customer service. Customer satisfaction is everything to Target.

Interview Questions

• Name a time I was taken away from a task.   1 Answer
    • Name a time where I disagreed with a coworker.   1 Answer
    • Name a time when I used my personality to change a situation.   1 Answer
    • (At my in-person interview) Name a time where I exceeded my supervisor's expectations.   1 Answer
    • (At my in-person interview) Name a time when I dealt with an upset customer disagreeing with me. (or something to that extent)   1 Answer
    • (At my in-person interview) Name a time when I had multiple tasks (she referred back to a previous answer) and how I handled/organized my time. (I'm paraphrasing, can't remember the question that well)   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online and a few hours later I get a call for an interview. The next day I go in and get interviewed by 2 people. Seemed liked they really like me. Had to wait about a little over a week to get a call back. Got called back in for a "meet and greet" by another hr person.

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Pittsburgh, PA) in May 2017.

Interview

I was took to a little interview room. I was interviewed twice by two different hr people. Asked 5 questions each than got my start date from another hr lady. Just be friendly read up on the red card and if you don't shop there read there mission statement. Don't tell them you don't shop there.