Target Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 19, 2017

2.2

999 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Pittsburgh, PA) in May 2017.

Interview

I was took to a little interview room. I was interviewed twice by two different hr people. Asked 5 questions each than got my start date from another hr lady. Just be friendly read up on the red card and if you don't shop there read there mission statement. Don't tell them you don't shop there.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

I had applied online for a part time since I'm still in High School. A week after I applied they called me for a job interview, they had given me Tuesday morning first then they called to reschedule it to Friday morning and didn't have afternoon interviews which meant I had to miss part of school. My first interview was pretty awkward since the guy was asking me from what time to what time I can work and he wanted me to stay to close but during school days Law doesn't permit students to stay at that time he said they needed people to stay and I felt pretty bad since I knew I wasn't getting the job anymore. He told me we would just keep going with it. He asked me basic questions. After being done with that he said they would call me if anything during the week so I left and got a call from the manager she was very nice and said if I was still at target so I can have my second interview with her. She was very nice and offered me the job we worked things out with my schedule which surprised me that she gave me times I wanted and not pushing me to times I can't.

Anonymous Employee in Mays Landing, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Mays Landing, NJ) in May 2017.

Interview

I went in on a rainy day, a little down from being rejected by other places. I got there 30 minutes early and found an employee around the 15 minute mark to find a way into the interview. Process took an hour, had two interviews. One with two interviewers and the other with HR all in one day.

Anonymous Employee in University Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (University Heights, Cuyahoga, OH) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied on Sunday got a call back on Monday for an interview on Tuesday first interview asked situational questions and then the second came five mins and basically told me they would call me the next to come in and fill out my paperwork

Interview Questions

• How did you use your attitude to make a situation better   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (San Diego, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied to Target online and was sent an email about a week later to set up an interview. I had a phone interview and afterwards, I set up an in person interview for the next day. There were two in person interviews. I passed the first one but did not pass the second. The questions were all behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you went above and beyond someone's expectations.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Duluth, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Duluth, MN) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online and was called a few days later. Had a quick phone interview and scheduled an in person interview for the next day. Interviewed with two people and was called the next day.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Plano, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online, then received a call a week later to come in for an interview the next day. The interviewer had a sheet with pre-determined questions on it asking about situations in which you dealt with other people. She wrote down only what I said, not about how I presented the information. At the end of the interview she said they had to send in the information to HR and that they would then contact me in a few days. I received a standard rejection email a few days later.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Target?   Answer Question
    • Do you have any past experience that may help you in this position?   Answer Question
    • Talk about a time when you had to deal with someone who disagreed with you. How did you attempt to resolve the situation?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Target in May 2017.

Interview

Not to hard, ask a lot of questions about myself. And asked if i knew anything about the company. Asked for references, and any experiences in the job field. Interview was fairly easy.

Anonymous Employee in Daytona Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Daytona Beach, FL) in May 2017.

Interview

Two interviews, two separate people. Fairly relaxed environment. First interview was more difficult than the second one. Most questions on past experiences and how you acted at your last job/volunteer position/ or you could even answer the questions with experience in your schooling.

Interview Questions

• Name a time something happened wrong in the workplace and what you did to correct it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Anaheim Hills, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Anaheim Hills, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

They'll have one of the team leads interview about scenarios and dealing with difficulties. Then move you onto a secondary interview with the lead from your position. And if you get the job you'll talk to human resources about the pay and details for training day.

Interview Questions

• Describe an experience where you had to work with someone unpleasant and how did you do?   Answer Question