Target Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Target Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Mar 20, 2017

2.2

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

I applied online on the website and was called for an interview about 2 weeks later. The interview was really easy-going and was fairly quick, but the interviewer was half an hour late due to a meeting.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to take advice from someone else.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Cashier Interview

Interview

Google the typical interview process and use that as a template. show up early and dress nice with resumes and cover letter if necessary. Practice with a friend if you are starting out.

Anonymous Employee in Huntington Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Huntington Beach, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online, and I received a call the very next day. They had me come in for an interview at my next availability which was three days later. They asked me a series of situational questions that you have to pull from past work/volunteer/ or school experiences. Once I finished with that interview they told me they wanted to give me a second interview the next day when the store manager would be in. The second interview asked pretty much the same questions as the first interview so be prepared to have a different answer than before because the interviewer will have your previous answers sitting in front of them. After the second interview I was given a conditional job offer for cashier, pending a background check. My background check cleared the next day so I started orientation two days later. Altogether from applying online to my first day, the process took about 1/2-2 weeks. My best piece of advice is to think of at least two answers prior to your interview and also don't feel rushed to answer the question. It's okay to say you need a moment to think and then give your answer. In fact that is what they encouraged me to do.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you went above and beyond to help a guest?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you had to work with someone you didn't get along with and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question
    • If I were to call your previous supervisor, what is one thing they would say you could improve on?   Answer Question
    • Why did you decide to apply for Target?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where to had a negative guest experience while working and turned it into a positive one.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Target in July 2016.

Interview

Straight forward and simple. The man interviewing was very relaxed and read off of a paper of the direct questions. Before the one on one interview, there was a 20 minute phone interview. The questions overlapped and it was pretty straight forward.

Anonymous Employee in Morgantown, WV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target (Morgantown, WV) in July 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed by three different people rather quickly and they asked me about how I would handle different situations mostly involving guests and other team members. I was offered a position at Target about three weeks after interviewing

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you didn't reach your goal   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Fast, Simple, Not impressive. I applied to the job because it was fast and easy and needed money. Lady was nice but was tired of all the stuff she had to through the day but she was nice about it.

Anonymous Employee in Sun Prairie, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target (Sun Prairie, WI).

Interview

It was in a small room in the back. Very nice interviewer and really relaxed. It was very low key and it felt like I was talking to a friend.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you were a leader and who you took charge.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I tried to negotiate, but they were very firm.

Cashier Interview

Interview

Just spoke to the person in charge of hirings and answered a couple of questions. It was a pretty simple interview process and not stressful at all. Was not a long process at all.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would deal with a challenging situation.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Basic interview questions about experience and about yourself. I interviewed with 2 different people, one who was the front end supervisor and the overall team lead. Overall pretty basic interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you faced a conflict and how you handled it   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Target in June 2016.

Interview

Got a call from HR the day after I applied online, came in for first interview- started by briefly shadowing someone in the position I applied for and talked about Red Card. Then went back to office and had a more formal interview- as soon as it was over I had my second interview with another person and was offered the job. Whole process took about 45 minutes and everyone was very nice.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to stand up for yourself   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had to ask a supervisor for help   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you had to work with someone you didn't agree with   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you had to prioritize multiple tasks   Answer Question
    • What would your current or past supervisor say was your biggest strength/weakness?   Answer Question