Target Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

2.5

123 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online and got a phone call a couple weeks later. The phone call was a short and simple screening interview to make sure I was a human being capable of rational thought before they invited me to go into the store for an interview. I interviewed with the ETL and one of the other Leaders in the store. It seemed like a pretty basic interview; a lot of "Tell me about a time when..." type of questions. The day after the interview I was told to come into the store to sign the hiring paperwork and that was that!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a huge list of things to accomplish; how did you prioritize and did you get everything done?   Answer Question

Executive Team LeaderGuest Experience Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I was recruited at my university's career fair for the summer internship. After the career fair, I was contacted by a corporate recruiter about 2 days later. She explained the role and asked for a first interview. The first interview was over the phone with her. Very simple questions, mostly about my background/experience and what I wanted to do after college. I was contacted a day or 2 later for a second round interview. This time it was with a Store Team Lead (STL). It was on my college's campus and it lasted about 30 minutes. It was a bit more difficult of an interview, the STL spoke about the company and the position but also dug deeper into my future goals. A few days after that interview I was contacted for a third round interview, this time with the Distrcit Team Leader (DTL). This one was more intense, it was back to back behavioral questions. The DTL was a little intimidating and hard to read. I did A LOT of research on him beforehand and had a list of questions to ask him. I was offered the position the next day. I completed the internship successfully and was offered a full-time ETL role after graduation; which I accepted bc the salary is great for a recent-grad! They did not interview me again for the ETL position.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time you disagreed with a colleague/superior?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you led a group to achieve a goal?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

It took like two hours. 2 interviews and one to tell me if hired.
    Didn't get a call for orientation till like 3 weeks later, random, unexpected.
    Found out I was softlinks but I sure applied for cashier.

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Chicago, IL).

Interview

brief phone interview to determine my availability and set up in-store interview. Two interviews the same day (95% of the time, if you're not asked to stay for the 2nd interview, you didn't get the job)

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had to work with someone you disagreed with   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate - Softlines Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Target (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online & received a call a week later. First step is a simple phone interview. I was asked why would I like to work for Target & questions about my past experience. If you pass the the phone interview you are invited to a face to face interview. My interview was scheduled for 2 days later. I went through 2 back to back interviews (both asked generic retail situational questions). At the end of the second interview I was offered the job & a detailed overview of the position.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time you disagreed with a coworker & how did you resolve the issue.   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for target?   Answer Question
    • Explain a time you went above and beyond for a customer   Answer Question

Negotiation

Minimum wage pay of course

Backroom Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online I then got a call a day later, on a Sunday to briefly discuss my application and do a quick phone interview. This interview was easy asking questions referring to my availability and when I could start. I was scheduled to come in to the store's Human resources department for an in person interview. This lasted roughly 30 minutes with one of the store's managers. Bonus points if you arrive 15 minutes early.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you and someone else disagreed on something and how that was resolved?   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Target (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

Many situational questions. (What would you do if this happened or tell me about a time when you displayed this characteristic). Managers were nice but seemed to be in a hurry.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you displayed leadership qualities.   Answer Question

Backroom Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Target (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Easy and fast they didn't ask to many questions it was a group interview we all sign out paperwork and we was out of there in 4 hours and after that came back did my background and once everything clear I was good

Interview Questions

• First thing they ask. How many years you have in retail   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Chicago, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

Phone interview day that I applied. Brought in next day for face to face interview. Met with Store manager and HR manager. Asked to come back for second interview

Asset Protection Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Chicago, IL).

Interview

The interview process was formal and the interviewers were very nice and professional. I got a call from HR to set-up and interview. I went to the store and had an interview with an ETL. After I completed that interview I immediately had an interview with the store manager. The store manager went over the same interview questions that I had already answered and asked me some more questions about myself.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you failed and what you did to make yourself better?   Answer Question