Target Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 25, 2017

2.5

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasant Pr, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Pleasant Pr, WI) in March 2017.

Interview

I apply for target and a day later I called a call for a interview. I went in on Friday and had two interviews. Both interviews went great and they both acted like I was going to get the job. We even laughed and I enjoyed myself. After the second interview she said they would call for on Monday so I could sign some papers. I never heard from them I called wondering what was going on and they told me to to watch out for a call or email. After four weeks of waiting I got an email saying they could not offer me a job at this time. What is strange is they acted like I got the job and I do have experience as a cashier. I do shop at that target often, and I notice they had some new cashiers, and they were so rude. I could't believe that they didn't hire me and they gave me false hope. They are not people of their word they told me they would call me Monday and I heard from them four weeks later! I got another job where people keep their word.

Interview Questions

• Do you have customer service experience?
      How many hours are you looking for?
      Answer Question

Executive Team LeaderGuest Experience Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I was recruited at my university's career fair for the summer internship. After the career fair, I was contacted by a corporate recruiter about 2 days later. She explained the role and asked for a first interview. The first interview was over the phone with her. Very simple questions, mostly about my background/experience and what I wanted to do after college. I was contacted a day or 2 later for a second round interview. This time it was with a Store Team Lead (STL). It was on my college's campus and it lasted about 30 minutes. It was a bit more difficult of an interview, the STL spoke about the company and the position but also dug deeper into my future goals. A few days after that interview I was contacted for a third round interview, this time with the Distrcit Team Leader (DTL). This one was more intense, it was back to back behavioral questions. The DTL was a little intimidating and hard to read. I did A LOT of research on him beforehand and had a list of questions to ask him. I was offered the position the next day. I completed the internship successfully and was offered a full-time ETL role after graduation; which I accepted bc the salary is great for a recent-grad! They did not interview me again for the ETL position.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time you disagreed with a colleague/superior?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you led a group to achieve a goal?   Answer Question

Electronics Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lemont, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target (Lemont, IL).

Interview

It was a promotion opportunity. It consisted of three part interview. I had to sit in the office of store manager as three managers came in individually and did their part.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a difficult guest and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Chicago, IL).

Interview

brief phone interview to determine my availability and set up in-store interview. Two interviews the same day (95% of the time, if you're not asked to stay for the 2nd interview, you didn't get the job)

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had to work with someone you disagreed with   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate - Softlines Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Target (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online & received a call a week later. First step is a simple phone interview. I was asked why would I like to work for Target & questions about my past experience. If you pass the the phone interview you are invited to a face to face interview. My interview was scheduled for 2 days later. I went through 2 back to back interviews (both asked generic retail situational questions). At the end of the second interview I was offered the job & a detailed overview of the position.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time you disagreed with a coworker & how did you resolve the issue.   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for target?   Answer Question
    • Explain a time you went above and beyond for a customer   Answer Question

Negotiation

Minimum wage pay of course

Backroom Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online I then got a call a day later, on a Sunday to briefly discuss my application and do a quick phone interview. This interview was easy asking questions referring to my availability and when I could start. I was scheduled to come in to the store's Human resources department for an in person interview. This lasted roughly 30 minutes with one of the store's managers. Bonus points if you arrive 15 minutes early.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you and someone else disagreed on something and how that was resolved?   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Target (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

Many situational questions. (What would you do if this happened or tell me about a time when you displayed this characteristic). Managers were nice but seemed to be in a hurry.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you displayed leadership qualities.   Answer Question

Backroom Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Target (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Easy and fast they didn't ask to many questions it was a group interview we all sign out paperwork and we was out of there in 4 hours and after that came back did my background and once everything clear I was good

Interview Questions

• First thing they ask. How many years you have in retail   Answer Question

Softlines Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melrose Park, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (Melrose Park, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

I showed up early for my interview and was asked to wait in the food court. 20 minutes after my scheduled time the team leader for that department came and got me. She interviewed me for about 15 minutes and we kind of just had a normal conversation between the questions. She said she like me and would go get the manager to see if I could do my 2nd interview that day as well. I waited and a few minutes later the manger came in and interviewed me, with a new set of questions, for another 15 minutes. She approved of me as well and took me over to the HR office and I spoke with HR for about 5 minutes and was offered the position. They even gave me the per hour pay I asked for, that was above their average pay for the position, without trying to talk me down. The entire process took about 45 minutes and we very light and conversation driven.

Interview Questions

• What is a work situation you've been in where someone has requested a separate task from you than what you were already scheduled to be doing?   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mundelein, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Target (Mundelein, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

The first 1-1 interview went well. The second 1-1 was a bit rushed than I expected, felt like the guy didn't like me. Too many questions were asked. Took about 40 minutes.

Interview Questions

Make sure you are prepared for all the questions being asked.