Target Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

2.5

258 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Beauty Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Joliet, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Target (Joliet, IL).

Interview

I applied for the beauty team member position online and a week later got called in for the interview. I had 3 separate interviews over the span of 2 days and was offered the position on the day of the last interview.

Apparel Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Homewood, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (Homewood, IL) in October 2017.

Interview

The interview started at the exact time that I was scheduled. The interviewer was very friendly and open to answering all of the questions that I had for her. Asked situational questions like "how would you handle a rude customer" etc.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you saw a costumer looking at clothes on a mannequin?   1 Answer

Seasonal Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodridge, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (Woodridge, IL) in October 2017.

Interview

Got an initial phone interview after the application within week. After passing phone interview went to the store for one on one interview with the store team leader. The interviews were brief. Went inside to customer service desk and ask to speak with the manager.

Human Resources Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lombard, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Target (Lombard, IL) in September 2017.

Interview

I was called in for a in person interview. I arrived to the interview at the Target in Lombard and the 'Soft Lines' manger was the one interviewing me. This caused some confusion, due to me believing a member from HR should have interviewed me since it was a HR Team Lead role. The interview began on the wrong foot when the interviewer asked me: So...is this your first job? Are you in high school? When I proceeded to explain that I was a college graduate with prior experience, she mentioned "Oh yeah, you don't look 18...I have the wrong file." From that moment, the interview went extremely downhill.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Yorkville, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Target (Yorkville, IL) in September 2017.

Interview

Phone interview first as a screening, followed by a sit down either with HR or a supervisor or as the store calls them ETL's. Followed by a last phone call from HR.

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Aurora, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by email and we set up a time to have a phone interview. The questions were STAR method. after the interview, i was told they would contact me by email again about instructions for the next steps. I never received said follow-up email so my experience ended there. The interview was not hard but it would have been nice to at least receive an email saying thanks but no thanks.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lombard, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Lombard, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

Very relaxed HR ask a lot of questions you will be able to answer if you have lived a life. It's about decision making mostly, so it honestly not too difficult

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been asked to do something inappropriate by a supervisor   1 Answer

Overnight Flow Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Chicago, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

It was very easy, they just asked me if I could carry heavy stuff and be on time. Got the offer on the spot, started a couple days later. I'm very pleased to work for target, they're a great corporation

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warrenville, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Target (Warrenville, IL).

Interview

Applied in person and was interviewed the same day. Very quick process. Was offered the same day before I left and had to take a drug test within 24 hours. Upon passing the drug test I got a call a few days later about orientation. The entire process from application to orientation took less than a week.

Executive Store Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Target (Schaumburg, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

This was my second interview with them. My first one was with a recruiter at my university. I met her at a career fair and we set up an interview for the next day at my school.
    This second interview was very similar like my first. All behavioral questions. The interviewer did not ask any other questions besides behavioral. Be ready to answer questions about scenarios you have been in before. You should answer in S.T.A.R. format.