Target Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 6, 2017

2.9

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasant Pr, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Pleasant Pr, WI) in March 2017.

Interview

I apply for target and a day later I called a call for a interview. I went in on Friday and had two interviews. Both interviews went great and they both acted like I was going to get the job. We even laughed and I enjoyed myself. After the second interview she said they would call for on Monday so I could sign some papers. I never heard from them I called wondering what was going on and they told me to to watch out for a call or email. After four weeks of waiting I got an email saying they could not offer me a job at this time. What is strange is they acted like I got the job and I do have experience as a cashier. I do shop at that target often, and I notice they had some new cashiers, and they were so rude. I could't believe that they didn't hire me and they gave me false hope. They are not people of their word they told me they would call me Monday and I heard from them four weeks later! I got another job where people keep their word.

Interview Questions

• Do you have customer service experience?
      How many hours are you looking for?
      Answer Question

Target Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vernon Hills, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (Vernon Hills, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

Interviewers attempt to be objective and let you do the work of telling them your background, but it's purely a social game regardless of the position, if you don't completely fit into the "16-20 year old smartphone addicted" stereotype than you can't expect to work here. They also want as much of your pay going back into the store as possible. Nothing wrong there, but that's easier to get behind when the store behind it isn't actually hiding a thinly veiled agenda and tied to a specific demographic(Walmart, for instance).
    Overall I felt pretty objectified walking in as a white male.

Executive Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Chicago, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview process was great. Although I was not hired, it was definitely a beneficial experience. I was chosen for an interview from a career fair I went to my University told us about. I went through all three interviews and the questions they asked were very thorough, I had to give many examples of specific scenarios that showcased my critical thinking skills, problem solving skills, etc.The last one was very vague although, I could tell I wasn't ready for a position of this magnitude but they still continued the process all the way until the third round. It would have been nice to only make it to the second round than go through a third out of pity, but I think they did it to honor my recruiters referral (I've seen many reviews on here where this happened to them too). All in all, I enjoyed my interview and still have respect for the company and their managers!

Interview Questions

• Describe a scenario where you had to make a quick decision not everyone was well pleased with. What was the outcome of the situation and was it best for the group?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Target (Chicago, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

1 behavioral interview, phone screen, they were pretty standard interview questions. not anything too different. really recommend knowing your resume and your backgrounds. practice general interview questions. look your best and be genuine and humble. culture really seemed to value those qualities.

Interview Questions

• walk me through your resume   1 Answer

Seasonal Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Target (Aurora, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview was easy at first but when they started asking questions on how to handle a situation it became difficult. It was my first time ever being interviewed for a job and I thought that it was going to be stressful . the interviewers made me fee a little more comfortable .

Interview Questions

• Recall a moment where you had to ask a person with more experience for help. How did it go?   Answer Question

Back Room Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Target (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied online, overall process took about three weeks. Met with a recruiter about a different job I didn't apply for, they didn't know the position I applied for was open. About a week later met with another HR recruiter, then the store team leader right after. A few days later met with the department executive team lead at 11pm (overnight team lead for an overnight position), the a week later met with the district manager at district office, over an hour drive away. A couple days later I called the store manager for an update (they said they'd call me back in the next couple day, never called) but I had an email that morning. I called before I checked email, they emailed me a declined letter. A lot of hassle for no offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to meet a difficult deadline?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Zurich, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target (Lake Zurich, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

Brief, less than 15 minutes for the whole interview. I was waiting on the interviewer longer than the interview took! Interviewer asked basic questions and I gave the qualified responses.

Interview Questions

• If I was willing to pick up extras hours, as available, to get more hours instead of hiring me as a full time employee.   1 Answer

Overnight Flow Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Came in around 11 PM, had two interviews. 2nd interview I believe was with the Team Lead. Most of the questions were basically situational questions that I was involved with in the past and what you learned from it. Nothing regarding pay, just availablity and hours that would be potentially worked. After the interview was told I would get a phone call tomorrow regarding my status.

Interview Questions

• Name a time that you defended yourself in a stressful situation and what you learned from it.   Answer Question

Executive Team Leader In Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in DeKalb, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Target (DeKalb, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied for an Executive Team Leader position because the description said to "join us as an Executive Team Leader in Training". I figured that meant this would be a good out of college position to apply for since it was essentially an Assistant Manager in Training position. Also, though I was a recent college graduate, I also have 10 plus years of work experience in other supervisory or managerial positions. I was immediately denied for the position but then thrown into another category specifically for ETL in Training for the IL/WI/MI area. I then received an email to set up a time to speak with a Target Recruiter. I set the time and received a phone call. I was only asked two questions during the phone call and though the email said it should be 20-30 minutes it was only 10 mins. I was asked what I want to make and to tell them about myself. I even asked them if there was something they thought was missing from my resume that they would like to see for someone applying for this position. The recruiter told me they actually thought I had a great resume with experiences that really resonate with Target. I was told I would hear from them by Monday, I had the phone interview with the recruiter on Thursday and figured this made sense with the weekend approaching. I then received an email on Monday from Target that said they would not be pursing me as a candidate. They are obviously looking for someone very specific. I felt that I would have had better chances if I received a degree specifically in business regardless of my extensive work experiences.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      What do you want to make (salary)?
      Answer Question

Presentation Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (Chicago, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied online got a call the next day did my phone interview at the end she scheduled for me to come in for my interview I didn't do the assessment many are talking about I think they forgot to have me do it anyways first interview about 10mins it was very easy second interview was about 15-20 minutes it was slightly easy just make sure to stay confident and ask them to repeat questions if need be I messed up on one question so then she said she would have someone else meet with me so a day goes by they call me ask me to come in for a meet and greet I took it as a interview and I'm glad I did because that's what it was he asked me the same questions and a few new ones he then told me to sit out in the front and wait for him while he chatted with someone , he then comes out to say the lady is not there they will give me a call in a week so i really don't know what that means because the manger of the store is on vacation but anyways I will keep all updated just remember have confidence and also apply to other jobs like I am because I feel it was a bit much to have that many interviews lol they try to make it like the job is very hard and that they don't hire externals for the position which may very well be true but I don't think that many interviews are necessary. Good Luck!!!

Update:- I Did Not Get The Job! I went into the 3rd interview and they asked the same questions as my 1st and 2nd interview and was told to sit outside while they see if they can offer me a position came back and told me I would get a call in a week or 2 , so I got a email 2 days later they told me they do not hire externals for the presentation team member position , I was a bit frustrated because they wasted my time but good luck everybody

Interview Questions

• What is your strength and opportunity?   1 Answer