Target Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

2.9

58 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Willowbrook, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target (Willowbrook, IL).

Interview

I was called by someone in HR. I came in for the interview that following week. When I first walked in I went to the Customer Service desk because I was unsure of where to go for my interview. The lady at the desk then called someone in the HR department and everyone seemed to be unsure of who would actually be conducting my interview. I waited a least 45 minutes in their little cafe place because the lady that interviewed me was taking her time or unaware that she would be interviewing me. She asked me basic questions. My past with customer service, visuals, etc. There were a lot of situational and behavioral questions. We then walked around the store and she led me back to the HR office where I interviewed with the HR manager. She asked about 3 questions. All of which were the same questions I had just previously been asked. I was told I would hear back when the regional director was available to interview me. A few days later I received what looked like an automated e-mail that stated I was not the right fit for the job. I also kept receiving this same e-mail for about a month!
    I asked this location to forward my application to another location because it can only be in one location's system or something like that. Basically, no other location would even invite me for an interview because this place screwed me.

Seasonal Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodridge, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (Woodridge, IL) in October 2017.

Interview

Got an initial phone interview after the application within week. After passing phone interview went to the store for one on one interview with the store team leader. The interviews were brief. Went inside to customer service desk and ask to speak with the manager.

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Aurora, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by email and we set up a time to have a phone interview. The questions were STAR method. after the interview, i was told they would contact me by email again about instructions for the next steps. I never received said follow-up email so my experience ended there. The interview was not hard but it would have been nice to at least receive an email saying thanks but no thanks.

Executive Store Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Target (Schaumburg, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

This was my second interview with them. My first one was with a recruiter at my university. I met her at a career fair and we set up an interview for the next day at my school.
    This second interview was very similar like my first. All behavioral questions. The interviewer did not ask any other questions besides behavioral. Be ready to answer questions about scenarios you have been in before. You should answer in S.T.A.R. format.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in DeKalb, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Target (DeKalb, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

Phone interviews with two different people. The interviews consisted of behavioral questions. The questions were easy to answer, but you are not able to prepare your answers in advance. Most of the questions asked for a time when something happened and how that I dealt with the situation.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you made a decision that was not popular with your team and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasant Pr, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Pleasant Pr, WI) in March 2017.

Interview

I apply for target and a day later I called a call for a interview. I went in on Friday and had two interviews. Both interviews went great and they both acted like I was going to get the job. We even laughed and I enjoyed myself. After the second interview she said they would call for on Monday so I could sign some papers. I never heard from them I called wondering what was going on and they told me to to watch out for a call or email. After four weeks of waiting I got an email saying they could not offer me a job at this time. What is strange is they acted like I got the job and I do have experience as a cashier. I do shop at that target often, and I notice they had some new cashiers, and they were so rude. I could't believe that they didn't hire me and they gave me false hope. They are not people of their word they told me they would call me Monday and I heard from them four weeks later! I got another job where people keep their word.

Interview Questions

• Do you have customer service experience?
      How many hours are you looking for?   Answer Question

Target Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vernon Hills, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (Vernon Hills, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

Interviewers attempt to be objective and let you do the work of telling them your background, but it's purely a social game regardless of the position, if you don't completely fit into the "16-20 year old smartphone addicted" stereotype than you can't expect to work here. They also want as much of your pay going back into the store as possible. Nothing wrong there, but that's easier to get behind when the store behind it isn't actually hiding a thinly veiled agenda and tied to a specific demographic(Walmart, for instance).
    Overall I felt pretty objectified walking in as a white male.

Executive Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Chicago, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview process was great. Although I was not hired, it was definitely a beneficial experience. I was chosen for an interview from a career fair I went to my University told us about. I went through all three interviews and the questions they asked were very thorough, I had to give many examples of specific scenarios that showcased my critical thinking skills, problem solving skills, etc.The last one was very vague although, I could tell I wasn't ready for a position of this magnitude but they still continued the process all the way until the third round. It would have been nice to only make it to the second round than go through a third out of pity, but I think they did it to honor my recruiters referral (I've seen many reviews on here where this happened to them too). All in all, I enjoyed my interview and still have respect for the company and their managers!

Interview Questions

• Describe a scenario where you had to make a quick decision not everyone was well pleased with. What was the outcome of the situation and was it best for the group?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Target (Chicago, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

1 behavioral interview, phone screen, they were pretty standard interview questions. not anything too different. really recommend knowing your resume and your backgrounds. practice general interview questions. look your best and be genuine and humble. culture really seemed to value those qualities.

Interview Questions

• walk me through your resume   1 Answer

Seasonal Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Target (Aurora, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview was easy at first but when they started asking questions on how to handle a situation it became difficult. It was my first time ever being interviewed for a job and I thought that it was going to be stressful . the interviewers made me fee a little more comfortable .

Interview Questions

• Recall a moment where you had to ask a person with more experience for help. How did it go?   Answer Question