Target Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

2.5

239 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Aurora, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by email and we set up a time to have a phone interview. The questions were STAR method. after the interview, i was told they would contact me by email again about instructions for the next steps. I never received said follow-up email so my experience ended there. The interview was not hard but it would have been nice to at least receive an email saying thanks but no thanks.

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warrenville, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Target (Warrenville, IL).

Interview

Applied in person and was interviewed the same day. Very quick process. Was offered the same day before I left and had to take a drug test within 24 hours. Upon passing the drug test I got a call a few days later about orientation. The entire process from application to orientation took less than a week.

Executive Store Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Target (Schaumburg, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

This was my second interview with them. My first one was with a recruiter at my university. I met her at a career fair and we set up an interview for the next day at my school.
    This second interview was very similar like my first. All behavioral questions. The interviewer did not ask any other questions besides behavioral. Be ready to answer questions about scenarios you have been in before. You should answer in S.T.A.R. format.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in DeKalb, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Target (DeKalb, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

Phone interviews with two different people. The interviews consisted of behavioral questions. The questions were easy to answer, but you are not able to prepare your answers in advance. Most of the questions asked for a time when something happened and how that I dealt with the situation.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you made a decision that was not popular with your team and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online and got a phone call a couple weeks later. The phone call was a short and simple screening interview to make sure I was a human being capable of rational thought before they invited me to go into the store for an interview. I interviewed with the ETL and one of the other Leaders in the store. It seemed like a pretty basic interview; a lot of "Tell me about a time when..." type of questions. The day after the interview I was told to come into the store to sign the hiring paperwork and that was that!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a huge list of things to accomplish; how did you prioritize and did you get everything done?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasant Pr, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Pleasant Pr, WI) in March 2017.

Interview

I apply for target and a day later I called a call for a interview. I went in on Friday and had two interviews. Both interviews went great and they both acted like I was going to get the job. We even laughed and I enjoyed myself. After the second interview she said they would call for on Monday so I could sign some papers. I never heard from them I called wondering what was going on and they told me to to watch out for a call or email. After four weeks of waiting I got an email saying they could not offer me a job at this time. What is strange is they acted like I got the job and I do have experience as a cashier. I do shop at that target often, and I notice they had some new cashiers, and they were so rude. I could't believe that they didn't hire me and they gave me false hope. They are not people of their word they told me they would call me Monday and I heard from them four weeks later! I got another job where people keep their word.

Interview Questions

• Do you have customer service experience?
      How many hours are you looking for?   Answer Question

Executive Team LeaderGuest Experience Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I was recruited at my university's career fair for the summer internship. After the career fair, I was contacted by a corporate recruiter about 2 days later. She explained the role and asked for a first interview. The first interview was over the phone with her. Very simple questions, mostly about my background/experience and what I wanted to do after college. I was contacted a day or 2 later for a second round interview. This time it was with a Store Team Lead (STL). It was on my college's campus and it lasted about 30 minutes. It was a bit more difficult of an interview, the STL spoke about the company and the position but also dug deeper into my future goals. A few days after that interview I was contacted for a third round interview, this time with the Distrcit Team Leader (DTL). This one was more intense, it was back to back behavioral questions. The DTL was a little intimidating and hard to read. I did A LOT of research on him beforehand and had a list of questions to ask him. I was offered the position the next day. I completed the internship successfully and was offered a full-time ETL role after graduation; which I accepted bc the salary is great for a recent-grad! They did not interview me again for the ETL position.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time you disagreed with a colleague/superior?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you led a group to achieve a goal?   Answer Question

Electronics Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lemont, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target (Lemont, IL).

Interview

It was a promotion opportunity. It consisted of three part interview. I had to sit in the office of store manager as three managers came in individually and did their part.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a difficult guest and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

It took like two hours. 2 interviews and one to tell me if hired.
    Didn't get a call for orientation till like 3 weeks later, random, unexpected.
    Found out I was softlinks but I sure applied for cashier.

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Chicago, IL).

Interview

brief phone interview to determine my availability and set up in-store interview. Two interviews the same day (95% of the time, if you're not asked to stay for the 2nd interview, you didn't get the job)

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had to work with someone you disagreed with   Answer Question