Target Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 19, 2017

2.5

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Target (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

Many situational questions. (What would you do if this happened or tell me about a time when you displayed this characteristic). Managers were nice but seemed to be in a hurry.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you displayed leadership qualities.   Answer Question

Backroom Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Target (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Easy and fast they didn't ask to many questions it was a group interview we all sign out paperwork and we was out of there in 4 hours and after that came back did my background and once everything clear I was good

Interview Questions

• First thing they ask. How many years you have in retail   Answer Question

Softlines Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melrose Park, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (Melrose Park, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

I showed up early for my interview and was asked to wait in the food court. 20 minutes after my scheduled time the team leader for that department came and got me. She interviewed me for about 15 minutes and we kind of just had a normal conversation between the questions. She said she like me and would go get the manager to see if I could do my 2nd interview that day as well. I waited and a few minutes later the manger came in and interviewed me, with a new set of questions, for another 15 minutes. She approved of me as well and took me over to the HR office and I spoke with HR for about 5 minutes and was offered the position. They even gave me the per hour pay I asked for, that was above their average pay for the position, without trying to talk me down. The entire process took about 45 minutes and we very light and conversation driven.

Interview Questions

• What is a work situation you've been in where someone has requested a separate task from you than what you were already scheduled to be doing?   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mundelein, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Target (Mundelein, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

The first 1-1 interview went well. The second 1-1 was a bit rushed than I expected, felt like the guy didn't like me. Too many questions were asked. Took about 40 minutes.

Interview Questions

Make sure you are prepared for all the questions being asked.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Chicago, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

Phone interview day that I applied. Brought in next day for face to face interview. Met with Store manager and HR manager. Asked to come back for second interview

Asset Protection Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Chicago, IL).

Interview

The interview process was formal and the interviewers were very nice and professional. I got a call from HR to set-up and interview. I went to the store and had an interview with an ETL. After I completed that interview I immediately had an interview with the store manager. The store manager went over the same interview questions that I had already answered and asked me some more questions about myself.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you failed and what you did to make yourself better?   Answer Question

Salesfloor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kenosha, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Kenosha, WI) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview process consists of four questions all situations that are pinpointed to certain characteristics that are impossible to perceive the desired skill. The interview process has gotten less detailed.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to work with someone you disagreed with.   Answer Question

Sales Floor/Softlines Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lombard, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Lombard, IL) in July 2016.

Interview

I had gotten an email from HR to come into an interview. All of the scheduling for it was done by email. The interview took a while because HR was backed up. I waited about 45 minutes after my scheduled interview to be seen. I was first interviewed by a softlines team member that had been working there for a while, then I was passed onto the team lead, then an HR rep. I walked out with the job. A few days later, I think maybe 2-3, I got another email from HR with my orientation date.

Interview Questions

• Name a time that you had to deal with an unruly customer or fellow employee. How did you deal with that? What was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work at Target?   Answer Question
    • What can you bring to this position if hired?   Answer Question

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Target (Chicago, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted shortly after for an interview for a Team Lead position. Got to the interview, and got the ol' switcharoo. It was an interview for general Team Member employees.

Interview Questions

• Normal questions for retail interview- your experience, your availability, etc.   Answer Question

Overnight Stocker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warrenville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Target (Warrenville, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

I had a basic interview with both the overnight manager and the store manager. Had a few days to wait afterwords for the background check, and once you pass, you're given your first few nights to work.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about one situation where you had to problem solve.   Answer Question