Target Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 25, 2017

2.5

Starbucks Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Target (Chicago, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

Very brief, 2 interviews total. You complete one of the one on one interviews with the team lead of Starbucks and one with an ETL in the store. To get to the one on one point you need to complete a phone screen process first and then they set up a date for you to go into the store

Interview Questions

• name a time that you had to work with others to complete a task   Answer Question
    • something along the lines of talk about a time that you needed to overcome an obstacle wether in work or school life   Answer Question
    • name a time that you had to collaborate with a peer higher than you to achieve a goal   Answer Question
    • why do you want to work at target   Answer Question

Senior Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Yorkville, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Target (Yorkville, IL).

Interview

I applied on line and received a phone call to come in and and have an interview at the store. I met with the HR first, then I had an interview with the store manager. After I passed both of those, I met with the district manager. Then went for my drug test, and upon passing that. I received an offer, signed papers, went to an orientation, then trained in a different store for 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you made a mistake. How did you fix it and what did you learn from it.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time that you had to multi-task?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target (Chicago, IL) in December 2015.

Interview

I applied in person and a couple of current employees put in a good word for me. Someone from HR called me a couple of days later and invited me for an onsite interview with two managers. The interview process was a pleasant experience. Simple behavioral questions were asked; such as what would you do in this specific situation, and at the end of the interview I received an offer on the spot.

Executive Team Leader - Assets Protection Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Chicago, IL).

Interview

All situation based questions. Explain what happened, what did you do to fix it? and what was the outcome? It's all about customer service! If you don't like people interaction, this is not a job for you.

Seasonal Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Target (Aurora, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview was easy at first but when they started asking questions on how to handle a situation it became difficult. It was my first time ever being interviewed for a job and I thought that it was going to be stressful . the interviewers made me fee a little more comfortable .

Interview Questions

• Recall a moment where you had to ask a person with more experience for help. How did it go?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Target (Chicago, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview was in-person and very casual. I was interviewed by the store manager. The interview lasted about 30 minutes and was very basic. I was given an offer immediately after the interview.

Anonymous Employee in Saint John, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target (Saint John, IN) in November 2015.

Interview

Interview with at least two people, fairly long interviews, lots of target based questions, but both people were very positive and actually somehow get you wanting to work at target oddly enough.

Interview Questions

• If a guest says that an item is cheaper than it rings up , what do you do?   1 Answer

Sales Floor Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Really easy, did two interviews back to back. They do a drug test but I was able to pass regardless. Scedule the interview on a friday so you get the extra days for the urine test.

Executive Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Algonquin, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Target (Algonquin, IL).

Interview

5 interviews. 2 on phone 3 in person. All three in person were on the same day with 3 different people. There were a group of us that were all being interviewed.

Interview Questions

• What are you wins and opps?   1 Answer

Starbucks Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

Got called in for an interview with my would-be direct supervisor. Went in, she wasn't available, had a last minute change to interview with someone I haven't had direct contact with since and who isn't in HR. Had a second interview the same day with someone else, and then spoke with the my direct supervisor (who was supposed to interview me in the first place.

They were easy interviews, just very disorganized. Got hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What is your availability, and are you open to being trained in other areas to get more hours?   1 Answer