Target Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 11, 2017

2.5

Seasonal Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Evanston, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Evanston, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

Two interviews, both asked similar questions, basic personal info then moved on to situational experience that involved customer service and what would one do when presented that situation. After the first interview I was told the hiring manger wasn't there today so I had to come back next week when he was. Once I interviewed with him he hired me and HR came in and I filled out information regarding pay, etc.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?
      Tell us about yourself?
      What do you do in your free time?
      Do you know about Targets RedCard and Cartwheel app?
      Answer Question

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

I did a interview over the phone and was ask to come in for a second interview. I was interviewed by 3 managers. They asked basic interview questions. Nothing to hard. I was offered the job at the end.

Overnight Flow Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendale Heights, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (Glendale Heights, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

Contacted by email for interview after applying online. Called back to speak to schedule interview and they were more than willing to set up a time that did not conflict with my full time job. Interviewed by HR, then within 30 mins the manager on duty. HR came back with offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you and coworker had a conflict and how did you resolve it.   Answer Question

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Target (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Standard type of interview. Came in for two different types with a team lead which is kind of like an assistant manager and then a manager all in the same day. They do phone interviews now.

Interview Questions

• explain a time you had a difficult guest?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Target (Chicago, IL) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied online tuck a while for them to call for a phone interview they ask questions about situations in your previous work or school. Now I'm scheduled to interview in person.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Target (Chicago, IL) in September 2015.

Interview

I turned in my application online. The next day I got a call from Target. The phone call was less than a minute long. The woman said hello , confirmed my availability, and asked when I was ready to be interviewed. We scheduled for Friday afternoon (2 days later). I went to where i was directed and I was moved into a bathroom (they assumed I was a customer) because I was not given the chance to say Im here.
     They told me to sit down and wait. I was the only one waiting for n interview and I waited to 25 minutes until they radioed someone to come do my interview. Another 20 minutes later I did my interview. The man seemed busy and wanted to get this over with, but was very pleasant. I waited another 30 minutes for my second interview. A woman took me to her office and did more questions. She responded to my answers, and made me feel listened to and not so rushed like the other man.

Interview Questions

• What would your last supervisor say is one of your strengths   Answer Question

Executive Team Leader Interview

Application

Interview

I went directly to their website and applied to ETL positions around the country that I was familiar with. I had a total of four interviews, beginning with a normal recruiter, then with a store team leader, HR manager and finally an area HR manager who was very friendly. Lots of emphasis on behavioral/situational questions, I would highly recommend you research some common questions and come up with some answers. But don't sound scripted, rehearse so that your answers sound natural.

Warehouse Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in DeKalb, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target (DeKalb, IL) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied on night got called the next day. I scheduled two days out. I interviewed, got the job, and did a urination sample ALL in one day. Thankfully during the sample I had just peed, so I didn't have to pee, would've dropped negative, I finally told them after 3 squirts, I can't do it, they rescheduled me for another day. If they try to same day test you say you have an appointment soon and you just peed can you reschedule(if your dirty).

Interview Questions

• Describe your position at XYZ company?   1 Answer

Sales Floor Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Chicago, IL) in September 2015.

Interview

applied on line and then recieved an email for interview. there was an ETL interview and then STL interview
    at that point it was a done deal but you still need to sit with the Group Leader

Interview Questions

• tell about a bad situation that you turned around and how you did it   Answer Question

Negotiation

with HR at the store

there was a little wiggle room but would need to be re-discussed with Group Leader

Overnight Flow Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Came in around 11 PM, had two interviews. 2nd interview I believe was with the Team Lead. Most of the questions were basically situational questions that I was involved with in the past and what you learned from it. Nothing regarding pay, just availablity and hours that would be potentially worked. After the interview was told I would get a phone call tomorrow regarding my status.

Interview Questions

• Name a time that you defended yourself in a stressful situation and what you learned from it.   Answer Question