Target Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

Updated May 17, 2017

2.5

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Target (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Standard type of interview. Came in for two different types with a team lead which is kind of like an assistant manager and then a manager all in the same day. They do phone interviews now.

Interview Questions

• explain a time you had a difficult guest?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Target (Chicago, IL) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied online tuck a while for them to call for a phone interview they ask questions about situations in your previous work or school. Now I'm scheduled to interview in person.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Target (Chicago, IL) in September 2015.

Interview

I turned in my application online. The next day I got a call from Target. The phone call was less than a minute long. The woman said hello , confirmed my availability, and asked when I was ready to be interviewed. We scheduled for Friday afternoon (2 days later). I went to where i was directed and I was moved into a bathroom (they assumed I was a customer) because I was not given the chance to say Im here.
     They told me to sit down and wait. I was the only one waiting for n interview and I waited to 25 minutes until they radioed someone to come do my interview. Another 20 minutes later I did my interview. The man seemed busy and wanted to get this over with, but was very pleasant. I waited another 30 minutes for my second interview. A woman took me to her office and did more questions. She responded to my answers, and made me feel listened to and not so rushed like the other man.

Interview Questions

• What would your last supervisor say is one of your strengths   Answer Question

Executive Team Leader Interview

Application

Interview

I went directly to their website and applied to ETL positions around the country that I was familiar with. I had a total of four interviews, beginning with a normal recruiter, then with a store team leader, HR manager and finally an area HR manager who was very friendly. Lots of emphasis on behavioral/situational questions, I would highly recommend you research some common questions and come up with some answers. But don't sound scripted, rehearse so that your answers sound natural.

Warehouse Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in DeKalb, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target (DeKalb, IL) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied on night got called the next day. I scheduled two days out. I interviewed, got the job, and did a urination sample ALL in one day. Thankfully during the sample I had just peed, so I didn't have to pee, would've dropped negative, I finally told them after 3 squirts, I can't do it, they rescheduled me for another day. If they try to same day test you say you have an appointment soon and you just peed can you reschedule(if your dirty).

Interview Questions

• Describe your position at XYZ company?   1 Answer

Sales Floor Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Chicago, IL) in September 2015.

Interview

applied on line and then recieved an email for interview. there was an ETL interview and then STL interview
    at that point it was a done deal but you still need to sit with the Group Leader

Interview Questions

• tell about a bad situation that you turned around and how you did it   Answer Question

Negotiation

with HR at the store

there was a little wiggle room but would need to be re-discussed with Group Leader

Overnight Flow Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Came in around 11 PM, had two interviews. 2nd interview I believe was with the Team Lead. Most of the questions were basically situational questions that I was involved with in the past and what you learned from it. Nothing regarding pay, just availablity and hours that would be potentially worked. After the interview was told I would get a phone call tomorrow regarding my status.

Interview Questions

• Name a time that you defended yourself in a stressful situation and what you learned from it.   Answer Question

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Batavia, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Target (Batavia, IL).

Interview

Two separate interviews were conducted, each by a pharmacist. The questions were similar to questions for the entry level position I already held. This was technically an entry level position, so no prior experience was needed, just a will to learn.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you used team work to overcome a difficult task?   Answer Question

Executive Team Leader In Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in DeKalb, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Target (DeKalb, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied for an Executive Team Leader position because the description said to "join us as an Executive Team Leader in Training". I figured that meant this would be a good out of college position to apply for since it was essentially an Assistant Manager in Training position. Also, though I was a recent college graduate, I also have 10 plus years of work experience in other supervisory or managerial positions. I was immediately denied for the position but then thrown into another category specifically for ETL in Training for the IL/WI/MI area. I then received an email to set up a time to speak with a Target Recruiter. I set the time and received a phone call. I was only asked two questions during the phone call and though the email said it should be 20-30 minutes it was only 10 mins. I was asked what I want to make and to tell them about myself. I even asked them if there was something they thought was missing from my resume that they would like to see for someone applying for this position. The recruiter told me they actually thought I had a great resume with experiences that really resonate with Target. I was told I would hear from them by Monday, I had the phone interview with the recruiter on Thursday and figured this made sense with the weekend approaching. I then received an email on Monday from Target that said they would not be pursing me as a candidate. They are obviously looking for someone very specific. I felt that I would have had better chances if I received a degree specifically in business regardless of my extensive work experiences.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      What do you want to make (salary)?
      Answer Question

Presentation Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (Chicago, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied online got a call the next day did my phone interview at the end she scheduled for me to come in for my interview I didn't do the assessment many are talking about I think they forgot to have me do it anyways first interview about 10mins it was very easy second interview was about 15-20 minutes it was slightly easy just make sure to stay confident and ask them to repeat questions if need be I messed up on one question so then she said she would have someone else meet with me so a day goes by they call me ask me to come in for a meet and greet I took it as a interview and I'm glad I did because that's what it was he asked me the same questions and a few new ones he then told me to sit out in the front and wait for him while he chatted with someone , he then comes out to say the lady is not there they will give me a call in a week so i really don't know what that means because the manger of the store is on vacation but anyways I will keep all updated just remember have confidence and also apply to other jobs like I am because I feel it was a bit much to have that many interviews lol they try to make it like the job is very hard and that they don't hire externals for the position which may very well be true but I don't think that many interviews are necessary. Good Luck!!!

Update:- I Did Not Get The Job! I went into the 3rd interview and they asked the same questions as my 1st and 2nd interview and was told to sit outside while they see if they can offer me a position came back and told me I would get a call in a week or 2 , so I got a email 2 days later they told me they do not hire externals for the presentation team member position , I was a bit frustrated because they wasted my time but good luck everybody

Interview Questions

• What is your strength and opportunity?   1 Answer