Target Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

2.5

260 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Target (Chicago, IL).

Interview

First I was called for a phone screening, then I was interviewed with someone in HR, when I passed that I interviewed with head of HR, and finally I interviewed with store manage, who offered me a position..

Target Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vernon Hills, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (Vernon Hills, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

Interviewers attempt to be objective and let you do the work of telling them your background, but it's purely a social game regardless of the position, if you don't completely fit into the "16-20 year old smartphone addicted" stereotype than you can't expect to work here. They also want as much of your pay going back into the store as possible. Nothing wrong there, but that's easier to get behind when the store behind it isn't actually hiding a thinly veiled agenda and tied to a specific demographic(Walmart, for instance).
    Overall I felt pretty objectified walking in as a white male.

Executive Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Chicago, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview process was great. Although I was not hired, it was definitely a beneficial experience. I was chosen for an interview from a career fair I went to my University told us about. I went through all three interviews and the questions they asked were very thorough, I had to give many examples of specific scenarios that showcased my critical thinking skills, problem solving skills, etc.The last one was very vague although, I could tell I wasn't ready for a position of this magnitude but they still continued the process all the way until the third round. It would have been nice to only make it to the second round than go through a third out of pity, but I think they did it to honor my recruiters referral (I've seen many reviews on here where this happened to them too). All in all, I enjoyed my interview and still have respect for the company and their managers!

Interview Questions

• Describe a scenario where you had to make a quick decision not everyone was well pleased with. What was the outcome of the situation and was it best for the group?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Target (Chicago, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

1 behavioral interview, phone screen, they were pretty standard interview questions. not anything too different. really recommend knowing your resume and your backgrounds. practice general interview questions. look your best and be genuine and humble. culture really seemed to value those qualities.

Interview Questions

• walk me through your resume   1 Answer

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Evanston, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Evanston, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

Applied online got called for an interview about two weeks later. I was interviewed by two female managers. They were very nice and easy to talk to. Interview is a breeze even for teens and young adults who are just entering the workforce.

Interview Questions

• Your basic interview questions.
      - Tell me about yourself.
      - Situational Questions (Tell me about a time you went above an beyond for a customer ect.)
      - Strengths and Weaknesses
      - Do you know about Cartwheel and Target Reward?   1 Answer

Starbucks Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Target (Chicago, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

Very brief, 2 interviews total. You complete one of the one on one interviews with the team lead of Starbucks and one with an ETL in the store. To get to the one on one point you need to complete a phone screen process first and then they set up a date for you to go into the store

Interview Questions

• name a time that you had to work with others to complete a task   Answer Question
    • something along the lines of talk about a time that you needed to overcome an obstacle wether in work or school life   Answer Question
    • name a time that you had to collaborate with a peer higher than you to achieve a goal   Answer Question
    • why do you want to work at target   Answer Question

Senior Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Yorkville, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Target (Yorkville, IL).

Interview

I applied on line and received a phone call to come in and and have an interview at the store. I met with the HR first, then I had an interview with the store manager. After I passed both of those, I met with the district manager. Then went for my drug test, and upon passing that. I received an offer, signed papers, went to an orientation, then trained in a different store for 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you made a mistake. How did you fix it and what did you learn from it.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time that you had to multi-task?   Answer Question

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target (Chicago, IL) in December 2015.

Interview

I applied in person and a couple of current employees put in a good word for me. Someone from HR called me a couple of days later and invited me for an onsite interview with two managers. The interview process was a pleasant experience. Simple behavioral questions were asked; such as what would you do in this specific situation, and at the end of the interview I received an offer on the spot.

Executive Team Leader - Assets Protection Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Chicago, IL).

Interview

All situation based questions. Explain what happened, what did you do to fix it? and what was the outcome? It's all about customer service! If you don't like people interaction, this is not a job for you.

Seasonal Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Target (Aurora, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview was easy at first but when they started asking questions on how to handle a situation it became difficult. It was my first time ever being interviewed for a job and I thought that it was going to be stressful . the interviewers made me fee a little more comfortable .

Interview Questions

• Recall a moment where you had to ask a person with more experience for help. How did it go?   Answer Question