Target Interview Questions in Columbus, OH | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 27, 2017

2.7

Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Jefferson, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (West Jefferson, OH) in February 2017.

Interview

recruiter calls gives me 1st shift options 6am-6pm sat-mon. When I do interview it was for 3rd shift only I said I can't do that d explain what lady said when she called

Interview Questions

• Put in order from most important to least. Safety, production, attendance, quality.   1 Answer

Flow Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (Columbus, OH) in February 2017.

Interview

First step was a phone call screening. then asked me to go over to the Target store for a 1-1 interview. there was 2 interviewers. after the first interview they asked me to wait for the Store Manager. Got told they will email me for date of orientation etc.

Distribution Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (Columbus, OH) in August 2016.

Interview

I received an email from an HR rep stating that they would like to interview me over the phone within the next couple of days. When the phone interview was conducted, the recruiter gave me a brief overview of the position and what is normally expected. I was then asked to share a bit about myself; I was also asked a series of behavioral questions (e.g. Tell me about a time you failed to complete a project; tell me about a situation where you helped an employee who wasn't meeting expectations). I was then provided more information about the company's expectations for their employees followed by a few more behavioral questions. Once the difficult but pleasant interview was over, the recruiter informed me that there would be a follow up in about three days if I were extended a second, in-person, interview. About three days later, I received an email and phone call about attending the second set of interviews at the Regional and Food Distribution Centers. The recruiter then put me in contact with an HR rep at the RDC. I was also sent an invitation to complete a mandatory, hour long assessment which included scenarios and deductive reasoning questions. Shortly after, the RDC HR rep contacted me with date/time/location of the in-person interview (which was scheduled a couple of days out). When the day of the in-person interview(s) arrived, I was immediately impressed with the clean and relaxed atmosphere of the facility. I was met by friendly faces and given a tour (by an Operations Manager) of the RDC where I asked tons of questions and received tons of good answers. I was then brought up to a huge lobby area to meet with two senior executives. One of the pleasant employees provided me with a bottle of water while I waited. During the subsequent interview, the execs asked to hear a bit about myself and then launched a lot of behavioral questions (very nerve racking but pleasant). I was then asked to wait in the lobby again to meet two more executives. They asked me, pretty much, the same questions as during the previous interview. Both interviews lasted about an hour. I was then sent over to the Food Distribution Center for a second tour. To my surprise, I was interviewed (informally) by two more executives. Eventually, I was linked up with the FDC Logistics Manager who showed me around the impressive FDC. After the process ended, and a couple days later, I was offered a job. Overall, the experience was pleasant from start to finish and observing the people really made me very enthusiastic about the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a disagreement with a coworker.   Answer Question
    • Why do you you want to work for Target?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about something you don't like to hear from employees.   1 Answer

Target Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Target (Columbus, OH) in August 2016.

Interview

Went through 2 interviews. Few basic questions about red cards and customer service. The rest were all examples of actual situations that I had performed a task or how I had helped someone. Best way to prepare is to think about situations that you did a task, did a presentation, helped someone out, or worked on a team. All the questions revolve around these things for not interviews.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you competing priorities and how did you accomplish them?   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Columbus, OH) in July 2016.

Interview

Several Phone Interviews led to an actual interview which led to additional phone interviews. Very convoluted process. The order of interviews seemed backwards to me. The hiring manager had to get 3 additional approvals after their own decision. Truly overkill.

Interview Questions

• Why Do I want to work at Target? What about Target attracted me the most   1 Answer

ETL Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Target (Columbus, OH) in April 2016.

Interview

Typical interview. Can vary depending on what role you are interviewing for. Interviewer was nice and was well educated regarding the company. Regional director was there for the last interview so be prepared for that, but wasn't too stressful.

Warehouse Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Jefferson, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target (West Jefferson, OH) in February 2016.

Interview

I was asked about 7 experience related questiongs. We went through everything about the and then the interviewer acted like I was going to get a job offer and then next thing I knew I was told to sign out and hr would contact me which I doubt will happen.

Merchandise Flow Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Heath, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (Heath, OH) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied online and was called within two days and was given a small phone interview just questions like 'why do you want to work here' easy stuff. Had an interview scheduled for the next week. I was interviewed by two people and they were all situational questions.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to work together with someone you did not agree with.   Answer Question

Cashier/Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Target (Columbus, OH).

Interview

I applied online. Received a call to come in for an initial interview. The first interview was very quick. Only about 6 questions were asked. I was called a few days later and told to come in for group training, where we basically sat in a room and watch corporate made videos on how to be a "team member"

Warehouse Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Jefferson, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (West Jefferson, OH) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview process was lengthy and they act as if the job is more glamorous than it really is. Orientation is not so bad only a day of boring video watching and then you get right to work.

Interview Questions

• Why do you wanna work here   1 Answer