Target Interview Questions in Dallas-Fort Worth, TX | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 5, 2017

2.5

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Dallas, TX).

Interview

After the first interview, I was contacted that same day to schedule an in person interview with 3 different managers (district manager, store manager, and human resource business partner). My second interview was scheduled within a couple of days. It was the same style as the first interview. They may ask you the same questions. Don't be afraid to repeat your same answer. After the interview, I was told that if they wanted to pursue to the next step I would be contacted. Sure enough I was contacted a few days later to schedule my final interview with the big boss (market leader). My third interview was conducted over the phone and once again its the same style. I was contacted the next day and offered the position. I told God when he blessed me with this position that I would try to help people get to where I'm going. So my advice would be to prepare as much as possible with the interview questions that is provided on this website, research on Target, ask yourself what are your strengths/weaknesses, who are you as an individual (they really want to get to know who you are), relax, pray, and be yourself. A lot of people may say they are going to work you, well all jobs will work you but target will compensate you very well. Good luck and I hope this post helps you. It is an intense interview process but its quick. Process took a little over a week........ The interviewers are really really nice. Don't be afraid to ask questions if you don't understand something.

Sales Floor/Softlines Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Prairie, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Grand Prairie, TX).

Interview

The interview process was pretty quick , had a phone interview with an HR person. They then scheduled an in person interview with a supervisor then that same day had my interview with the softlines ETL. They offered me the job right then and there.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Plano, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online, then received a call a week later to come in for an interview the next day. The interviewer had a sheet with pre-determined questions on it asking about situations in which you dealt with other people. She wrote down only what I said, not about how I presented the information. At the end of the interview she said they had to send in the information to HR and that they would then contact me in a few days. I received a standard rejection email a few days later.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Target?   Answer Question
    • Do you have any past experience that may help you in this position?   Answer Question
    • Talk about a time when you had to deal with someone who disagreed with you. How did you attempt to resolve the situation?   Answer Question

Distribution Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Prairie, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Target (Grand Prairie, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied through Target website and received e-mail within a few days to sign up for phone interview. The first interview was about 45 minutes long and was a little intimidating because of how she jumped into it. I was expecting a little more conversation before jumping right into it. Was not my best interview at all. Second interview was 1 hour later. She was a little more personable, which helped settle my nerves. Not a fan of phone interviews at all. They use the STAR method to interview.
    Sent thank you email after interviews and follow up email after one week. Response to follow up email was rejection notice. I know I'm qualified for this job but just had a terrible interview. Oh well.

Asset Protection Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rowlett, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Target (Rowlett, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

Entire process took 2 days. Applied, then the next day did both interviews and received a job offer. Very simple questions. All "name a time when..." type questions. Interviewed with store team lead and AP team lead.

Interview Questions

• Why AP? Why do you think you'd do well in this role?   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you had to work with someone you disagreed with.   Answer Question
    • Name a time when your positive attitude made a team or group you worked with succeed.   Answer Question

Executive Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Target does a thorough job in interviewing leaders for stores. You are sent through a phone screen first, then to an in-person series of "round robin interviews" with groups of people with behavioral interview questions. The process takes about half a day if you do well and typically meet with one of the senior leaders if they are thinking of offering.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you made a mistake, and what did you learn?   1 Answer

Guest Service Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (Dallas, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied and waited for a phone call, but I called a week or so later to check on my application status and was given an interview oppertunity. The interview was a two-in-one (two interviews in one day) and I was called a little later that day for a job offer.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have with dealing with a co-worker that doesn't get along with you?   1 Answer

Guest Service Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Target (Dallas, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

Interviewed by Human Resources, LOD, and Executive Store Leader after a thorough phone interview. Each person asked 5-10 behavioral questions. Be prepared. This website helped me so to prepare and have answers ready. Be specific.

Interview Questions

• If I were to ask your last employer, what would he tell me are your strengths and weaknesses?   1 Answer

Cashier/Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Target (Dallas, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online, was contacted four days later for an interview. Came in for the interview about 15 minutes dressed nicely and waited a little while for the team leader to interview me, like many of the reviews online say if you don't get a second interview you most likely didn't get the job.

Luckily I advanced to the second interview with the executive team leader (ETL) where he also asked me a few questions. At the end he said I would be contacted within a day, good or bad, which made me a little anxious I read online that a lot of people were offered it right on the spot. The next day I got a call early in the morning where I was asked to come in, I did so thinking I was getting a job when I talked to another ETL but over a different department. He explained that they had no positions left in the original department I applied for which was logistics (Back of the store) and said that the former ETL guy suggested I'd be a better fit to work in his department. (Front of the house) I agreed because I was just eager to get a job and he was ecstatic about it.

Although it wasn't the original position I had applied for he and everyone else on the team look like they'll be fun to work with. After he said he was giving me a job offer he took me to HR where the lady sent in my background check and scheduled me for orientation.

SIDENOTE: It's hard to find reviews where people have had second interviews but weren't offered a job offer right away on glassdoor, I thought I was one of the few who had not been considered but I was so even if you think you may not have done good if you weren't asked right away and instead told you'd be contacted keep on to the chance that you will get it. The interview questions on here are also a bunch that will be asked in the interview to help prepare. Good Luck!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at target?   1 Answer
    • Why should we hire you?   1 Answer
    • Name a time when you disagreed with a coworker and how you solved it.   1 Answer

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Target (Irving, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview was easy. It was a two part process. First a guy interviewed me. The questions were really easy. He had a packet that he read from and paraphrased my responses. Then I did the second part with his supervisor. It was the same process, she asked me a few questions and wrote my answers in a packet. I was asked for my availability and then the interview questions. I met with HR and got my offer letter on the spot

Interview Questions

• Is your availability still the same?   1 Answer