Target Interview Questions in Denver, CO | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 22, 2016

2.5

Cashier/Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parker, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (Parker, CO) in August 2016.

Interview

Not terribly long, but meticulous. Managers were very nice and understanding. Though the questions were quite annoying and describing a situation. Manager said it would have been better to call the interviewer sir or madam, which I get to be polite but I don't see why mister or miss would be wrong.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to ask for help from someone while doing something, like babysitting.   Answer Question

Flow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sheridan, CO

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Target (Sheridan, CO).

Interview

Applied online and got called within 3 days. Interviewed next day. Had two interviews same day, with two managers. Went very well. Hired of the spot. Orientation few days after that. Started work two days after orientation.

Target Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (Denver, CO) in May 2016.

Interview

Was asked to wait by the fitting rooms, had my first interview with the Human Resources leader and they just asked me a few questions like "tell me about a time where you've developed leadership in a certain situation", then I was asked to wait for I could get a second interview from the Assests Protection team leader, and they asked me similar questions. It was very easy. The First Lady came back and hired me on the spot. I started a week later.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time where you've shown leadership.   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arvada, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Arvada, CO) in April 2016.

Interview

I was called by Target the day after I applied online. A quick phone screen was conducted by a rather humorless and unfriendly woman. I was scheduled for an in person interview the next day. During the interview, I was asked about the red card and cartwheel. I was also asked a series of behavioral questions. I was then asked to return for a second interview a few days later with the team leader. Another series of behavioral questions were asked. I was then asked to stay and meet the HR person who wanted to know things like where I see myself in 5 years. After the interviews a background check was run, which took about a week to clear.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation offered. I was told how much they pay, and that was that.

Target Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Target (Denver, CO) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied online two days later I got a called in to do an interview, the interviewer was a supervisor, she asked why do you want to work here, what would be the days you could work and what us your prior work experience. After that interview I waited 10 min then I had a second interview, the interviewer was the manager of the store, she asked the same question, and she was very friendly she talked about how Target was flexible if you were going to school. Then two day later I had a third interview, the interviewer made the schedules, she asked the same question. The two day later I got an email saying that I didn't get the job. The experience was pretty good, when I was waiting for my interview the staff at the store kept coming over and talking to me.

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Parker, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Target (Parker, CO).

Interview

Starts with an online application and typical assessment questions, then followed by 1:1 with general managers and specific department managers. The whole process was a little more than a week from application to job offer. The interview process is pretty much what you would expect from a retail giant.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westminster, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Target (Westminster, CO) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online and within 2 weeks, I was called to schedule an interview. I showed up around 10-15 minutes early and was told to wait around since another candidate was being interviewed. 30 minutes later, sales team manager came out and brought me in for the interview. She asked me general questions about hours and availability before going through the packet of listed questions. The whole process took maybe 15 to 20 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose Target?   Answer Question
    • Was there any situation that involved something you were unfamiliar with and required you to seek help from someone more experience?   Answer Question
    • Was there a time where you had to work with someone you disliked and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Logistics Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Parker, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Target (Parker, CO).

Interview

Pretty instantaneous - with whatever two random 'managers' they have milling about the store. Behaviorally based, predictable, uninformative, trite, childish. They have kiosks out front. Just go sit down at one (bring your job history, license, etc. with you) and fill out an app; throw on a decently nice outfit -- in case they can indeed speak with you that day. Most of the time, they can get an interview within a few minutes, or at least on the same day. They ARE quick, but ineffective, inexperienced and immature.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you worked with someone you did not get along with. What did you do?   1 Answer
    • Where do you see yourself in 12 months (really -- this line of questioning went out in the 70's).   1 Answer
    • What do you like about shopping here.
      Ad. infinitum...
      1 Answer

Negotiation

NO - don't even try. Take the $11.50 and smile about it!

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Parker, CO) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied online and actually called them myself to ask if we could set up an interview. I was asked if I had any experience for the position I applied for, which I replied that I do. I was told they would pull up the application and they would call if they were interested. After a few days, they called back and instead offered me a seasonal cashier position. I went in for the interview and answered a number of very specific questions from the team leader of the front end. The questions were difficult in that they wanted very specific scenarios as answers. She then left to get the executive team leader of the front end and he made me feel at ease right away. He also asked several more questions and then he gladly made me an offer. The whole process took about an hour.

Interview Questions

• Would you feel comfortable soliciting guests to sign up for the REDcard?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time you coached another employee?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Target (Denver, CO) in October 2015.

Interview

My interview started approximately 30 minutes late, a floor manager brings you into a shared office & asks you a bit about yourself and your work history. This is followed by next-level manager bringing you into the same office and asking the same questions.

Interview Questions

• Name one time in your past you had to deal with a difficult customer, explain and tell us how you handled it.   Answer Question