Target ETL Human Resources Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Target ETL Human Resources Interview Questions

3.3

13 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

ETL Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

It was a very organized interview process. You will be asked to talk a little bit about yourself. The interviewers are usually Store Team Leaders. And then your final interview will be with a District Team leader. So you will have three different interviews. Make sure to prepare to answer a lot of Behavior Based questions like "tell me about a time you did...." have an exact situation, behavior, and outcome. The DTL normally doesn't have a guide for interview questions, so he or she can ask you spontaneous questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you exceed your manager's expectations? What was the situation? What did you do? And what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Target

ETL Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Target in December 2015.

Interview

Lengthy and thorough. There are a few phone interviews followed by an in person interview. The process is not "hard". Target just wants to make sure that they find the perfect candidate for the positions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when.....   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bakersfield, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Target (Bakersfield, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

They do all communication regarding procedure through email. The first two interviews are over the phone, then the last three are face to face: first with a local STL, then the District Manager, then the district HR manager.

All interviews have four formal "tell me about a time when you..." Questions. All the same questions for each interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you changed your daily routine based on along term goal.   1 Answer

The District Manager that I interviewed with had 2 weeks as DM and the District HR leader had been in her position for 2 months; they didn't know what they wanted and they were disorganized (started the interview 20 minutes late and ate their lunch during). They were gruff and didn't embody the culture that Target (fast, fun and friendly), so I got huge red flags during the last interview and didn't want to work under them. They weren't nice at all.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Target (New York, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

I got interview during the campus career fair.
    Before the interview, I read some interview feedback from glassdoor. That helped a lot! Since my first language is not English. I got to admit I was super nervous before the interview.

I be interviewed by a Store team leader and she said she started from ETL also. The process was pretty positive. She asked me whether I am willing to be relocated. and then she told me there would be 4 behavior questions.

I just finished the interview this morning and she said someone will contact me later for that next stage. I have no idea whether I am no longer in consideration or not, I'll keep updating this.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you provide serves to others   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time that you made a mistake   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you have to leverage u and coworkers   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you keep professional contact with someone when there is a conflict   Answer Question

ETL - Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Target in August 2014.

Interview

Still going through interview process. All behavioral, STAR method questions. Tell me about a time when you overcame an obstacle? Tell me about a time when you leveraged a group to get something done? Offered exceptional customer service?

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you created a strategy to achieve a longterm business goal?   Answer Question

ETL Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

SBO Style....you are given a Situation....you need to describe the Behavior using leadership skills explain the Outcome. The interview process consisted on several phases....in each phase you had 2 interviewer, one asking questions and one taking notes.....rotating this process throughout the interview process.

Interview Questions

• The questions are designed to access you leadership skills in regard to Accountability, Drive For Results, Manage Execution; Critical Thinking, Demonstrate Courage ...An Example would be : Describe a time when you had to challenge a member of management on unethical behavior.   1 Answer

Negotiation

You are always able to negotiate ... as HR I frequently saw inconsistencies in salaries in regard to exempt level positions.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Target (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2013.

Interview

I had six interviews total. Two were on the phone and four were in person. They were All behavioral/situational questions. It was a very thorough interview process. Started with on campus recruiter then worked its way up to regional director. Everyone was very friendly throughout the entire process. Definitely have 5 situations in your head to be able to answer every type of interview question and answer with the STAR method. Situation, task, action, result. They are looking to see your thought process step by step and that you learned something from the situation.

Anonymous Employee in Sterling Heights, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Sterling Heights, MI) in December 2012.

Interview

Two recruiter phone interviews, then one in person interview with two people. The in person was done in two rounds. The first with a STL (store manager) and then with a DTL (District Manager). Questions were pretty basic and the interview was pretty conversational. The offer came from a HR rep about three days after. I was able to get a few more dollars after the offer came, but it took another two days to get it.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in Target?   1 Answer

ETL- Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Macon, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Macon, GA) in May 2011.

Interview

Very long process, tough questions. All of their questions are situational, and they expect very detailed and lengthy responses. There is a lot of awkward silence as they try to write down every detail that you share with them. Interviews are in the stores in tiny management offices.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you disagreed with your manager...   Answer Question

ETL - Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target in April 2011.

Interview

I had an initial phone interview with the recruiter, an on-site interview with the Store Team Leader, a second on-site interview with the District Team Leader and finally a video conference interview with the Group Director. All questions are behavioral based and they're looking for your response to be in STAR format

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you recently had to deliver bad news.   Answer Question

Negotiation

If you have prior professional experience, you can negotiate. If you're coming right out of school there's a flat starting salary.