Target ETL In Training Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Target ETL In Training Interview Questions

2 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

ETL In Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Springs, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Target (Palm Springs, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

Attended "Open House" event where you get to meet STLs and HR managers. There were about 20 people interested in the ETL position. They give you an overview of Target and a tour of their behind the scenes areas. Then they take you to their break room for a meet and greet where they encourage you interact with as many Target people as possible and tell them about yourself. Make sure you bring lots of resumes, they ask if you have one to give out.

A week later got an e-mail saying they'd like to schedule a second interview at their district office. There were 5 of us there I recognized them from the open house event. We thought we were all going to have a group interview but we were actually called individually by different STLs. I was asked to stay for a second interview with another STL.

A week later I was asked to come back to interview with the DTL and he sent me to "job shadow" an STL and that I would be scheduled to have a phone interview with their GD.

The job-shadowing was fun and they gave me a lot of valuable info and I asked tons of questions.

My phone interview was short as expected (they told me it would be no more than 20min), just wanted to know why I chose target.

4 days later I got an email stating I was not chosen for the position.

Interview Questions

• All questions are behavioral questions and if you have enough work experience you should be able to give the answers they want. Tell them how you manage other people and how you develop a team. If you don't have work experience then tell them about a school group project or volunteer work.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Target

ETL In Training Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Target in June 2012.

Interview

If you are really interested in this position then read through the questions posted by other users. These questions really helped prepare me for my interviews and nothing came as a surprise. One thing though, be sure to think of examples for the flip-side of questions e.g. you can be asked what your subordinates think you do great or not so great so prepare to answer the flip-side of questions.

Interview Questions

• Example of a time when something didn't go as planned and how you handled the situation...   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate.