Target ETL Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Target ETL Interview Questions

Updated Dec 27, 2016

3.3

ETL Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Met at campus event. Very quick and straight forward interview process. One interview on one day. Two interviews on another day if they want you back. Final interview scheduled for later. Situation based questions to be answered using the star method.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you worked with others to achieve a goal?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Target

ETL Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

There can be up to two to three interviews for one position, so be prepared. They can turn you down at any point of the interview process. It's based on situational based outcome questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to challenge a boss.   Answer Question

ETL Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter via linkedin had informal phone interview. Was contacted a day later to schedule interview with stl. Showed up and had 3 interviews the same day 2 seperate ones with stls and one with district manager on friday. Was contacted a few days later to schedule a last interview. Next day I was notified that I would be receiving an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you gave up one commitment to satisfy another.   Answer Question

ETL Interview

Interview

Met recruiter at a career fair, first interview was fairly easy with simple behavioral questions such as give me a time when you had to build a relationship with a boss. Second interview was pretty much the same, third gave far more complex questions but was structured similarly. The final interview was on site.

Interview Questions

• Give me a time when you changed your day to day activities because of a long term goal.   Answer Question

ETL Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Target in October 2014.

Interview

A 3 step series of interviews. I spoke with them at a on campus recruitment fair then had an interview the next day.

First interview- 2:1, with younger HR reps who were both alumni from my University. All situational based, know your leadership skills. Followed a questionnaire format and too bad.

Second Round- 2, 1:1 interviews with managers at a local Target store. Pretty much the same format as the first question wise. These were a little more "dry" as the interviewers were in store employees and not HR.

Final Interview- Phone interview. A phone interview as a final interview threw me off a bit. It followed exactly the same format as the others, being 100% situational/behavioral based.

Interview Questions

• They asked me what my relationship was with a family friend who works at Target. Very awkward and wasn't sure how to respond.   Answer Question

I did not want to be working weekends/holidays.

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Minneapolis, MN) in October 2014.

Interview

Interview process consisted of a phone interview with a Target Recruiter, an online assessment, and then an interview with the District Team Leader (DTL) of the district you indicated as your district of preference.

Each interview consisted of behavioral questions, and the online assessment was about an hour of logic puzzles and word associations.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you leveraged a team to accomplish a task.   1 Answer

ETL Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Interview was situation based questions averaging 5-6 questions for each of the 3 separate interviews. Questions are best answered in a format beginning with the situation then your behaviors and followed by the outcome.

Interview Questions

• None really. Just come prepared with great examples of your leadership in different types of situations.   Answer Question

ETL Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Had 2 phone interviews and then 2 in person interviews and then one final phone interview. The questions were the usual behavioral questions that have been posted here before. For example, name a time when you had to work on a group project. It was a pretty long interview process overall. The phone interviews were with current Store Managers in your district. Then, you have an in person interview with another Store Manager. Then, you have an in person interview with your District Manager. Then, you have a final phone screen with a few higher group managers that only asked a couple questions.

Interview Questions

• Most unexpected question was why I chose to go to the college I went to. They seemed to be looking for someone who goes after what they want and is sure of what they want which is why the question was posed. That being said, it threw me off a bit.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Brighton, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Brighton, MI) in September 2014.

Interview

Extremely hard.. You need to prep with someone that knows Target. 1st interview is on the phone, if that goes good they should follow up with you in a week. Then they next interview will be in person. Provided that goes well there are 2 more, if you are an external

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you leverage to get something done..   1 Answer

ETL Interview

Interview

easy - panel interview after phone screen and online test

be prepared to answer questions on strengths and weaknesses and how you address those

How others would describe you that you have previously managed

be prepared to talk about how you handled something that didn't go well

Negotiation

easy - offer was good and considered previous experience