Target Electronics Team Member Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 8, 2017

2.2

49 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Palm Coast, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Target (Palm Coast, FL) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied for a job about 2 weeks ago at Target via the computer in store. A week later, I received a call for an interview.

I was interviewed by the ETL. She was very friendly and engaging. I felt very comfortable during the interview. I live in a smaller town, so that could explain why I didn't have to go through 2 or 3 interviews. She also let me choose the position I wanted to interview for (out of the three options I applied for online). After she asked me the interview questions, she took me out on the electronics sales floor to "sell" her a computer. I had to pretend she was a customer who knew nothing about computers and recommend products to go with her computer purchase. Right after the interview, I was offered the job on the spot.

Just remember to be extremely descriptive in your responses. I follow the STAR method (situation, task, actions, results) when answering interview or short answer questions.

Interview Questions

• What makes shopping at Target different from any other retailer?   1 Answer
  • Tell me about a time when you had to communicate with a customer or co worker you did not know and how did you build a rapoire with them.   Answer Question
  • How do you keep up with current electronics trends?   Answer Question
  • Are you familiar with using an iPad and other devices?   Answer Question
  • How would you approach a customer looking to buy a new TV?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Electronics Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Target in October 2017.

Interview

Applied online, took about 20 minutes. Was called back a few days later for the first interview. They do 2 rounds of interviews with different managers. They were very eager to find the right person for the right position. Have knowledge of the store and what section you want to work in.

Interview Questions

• What makes you qualified for this position?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Submitted online application, took a phone call for interview time and showed up in business casual attire. I was told to go in the back room and wait for the interviewer. It wasn't the easiest interview nor the hardest. They question you on your beliefs in customer service and put you through some hypotheticals.

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Boise, ID) in August 2017.

Interview

Met with the Team Leader for Electronics and had an hour long interview. Asked questions about a time I worked with someone and how that ended up. Another question was about how I'd do from a customer service aspect. I passed the first interview and then was told to wait, I waited about 20 minutes and met with an HR rep to have a second interview asking about things like how I'd go about a sale, what makes Target different than Walmart, etc. was given a job offer after passing that interview too

Interview Questions

• Assuming I'm buying an iPad, how would you proceed with the sale?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Roanoke, VA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Target (Roanoke, VA).

Interview

Applied at the store and a few minutes later a Target manager approached me to ask for an interview. You get interviewed by the team lead of the dept. and then you get an interview with an Executive Team Lead the same day, you are offered the job usually the same day depending on hiring needs and you need to take a drug test as a requirement for employment with the company

Interview Questions

• Situational questions, describing scenarios on what you would do if guests become impatient or irritable   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Target (New York, NY).

Interview

Was interviewed by someone who had nothing to do with the position I was applying for. Was told there was no opening in the position I was applying for, and then after being hired for something else, saw that it was actually open.

Interview Questions

• Can you have an open schedule?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (New York, NY).

Interview

I was called to set up an interview the same day I applied for the job. The Interview process did not take long, I was offered the job right after the interview.

Anonymous Employee in Gilroy, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Target (Gilroy, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

You're taken into the back room where you watch a short series of "What to expect" videos. Afterward, a team leader takes each person to a separate room for a short interview. Then a manager takes you from there to another room for another short interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had a disagreement with someone you worked with.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Whittier, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Whittier, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I was interview by the ETL first and then by HR. Positive feedback from both of them. Simple questions. I was hired the same day. I told them my familiarity with electronics and school background. I made sure I let them know I was responsible and a team player.

Interview Questions

• Would I be ok working the toys department?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Target (Fremont, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

There were 2 interviews in total. They called me in for the first interview, said they liked me, and then gave me my second right after. The interviews were generally straight forward. It was my first interview ever and they made it very smooth for me.

Interview Questions

• Name one time you disagreed with someone and how you handled it.   Answer Question