Target Executive Store Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Target Executive Store Interview Questions

Interviews at Target

Executive Store Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

They came to my campus career fair, spoke to me for several minutes before asking for my resume. After she viewed it and spoke to me for about 5 more minutes, then gave me an opportunity to sign up for an interview on the very next day. The interview consisted of all behavioral questions. For second round, you interviewed in the store you're being hired by by a district team leader. This person also asked entirely behavior based questions.

Interview Questions

• All behavioral- Why Target? Tell me about a time when you were unsuccessful and how you handled it? Tell me about a time you did something wrong and received feedback and how you handled that feedback?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Executive Store Interview

Interview

The interview was based in behavioral questions, there were many of them. It was not a difficult interview. As long as you know what to say in the specific situations you will be fine. The interview lasted 30 minutes.

Executive Store Interview

Interview

Applied online and then had an interview over the phone with the recruiting person. This interview took about 20-30mins and was pretty simple. Asked questions about myself, experiences, etc. Not too bad. Then, had an interview with the Store Team Leader, situation behavior outcome format for all of these questions. Received an email for another interview with the District Team Leader.

Interview Questions

3. Create your profile to get personalized information

Executive Store Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Target in November 2013.

Interview

A couple rounds of interviews. They will keep calling you to confirm.
    The questions were pretty much the same for all the interviews. they were all behavioral "tell me about a time..." as long as you practice your story and say it genuinely with confidence, it will be fine. remember that the slogan is "fast, fun, and friendly" so try to be outgoing and friendly in the interview. smile.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation

Executive Store Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Target in October 2013.

Interview

5 week process. One phone interview, One interview at office, hired soon after. Have to take a drug test with in 24 hours of being offered the position, but usually works out okay. There is not much communication between the time of your offer and your first day of work. Job responsibilities are not learned in an interview...those are learned through the internship itself.

Interview Questions

• none. all are behavioral questions with what is the problem, what did you do, and how did you overcome it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn Park, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Brooklyn Park, MN) in November 2014.

Interview

I first got into contact with a Target Rep. at the University of Wisconsin-Stout's Career Fair. I was not initially looking for an internship and was just looking around. I talked to a few reps and they were very upbeat and seemed interested in me. They then asked me to set up an on-campus interview with them for the next day. The whole interview was all behavioral questions and the interviewer was very personable and open to answer any question I asked with great detail. After about a week after the on-campus interview, I received and email letting me know that I had moved on to the next round of interviews. I then had to make a profile on Target's website and do an assessment test that took about an hour to complete. After the assessment test was taken, I received a call the next day to set up a time to have my final interview. I went to the HR campus in Brooklyn Park, MN for my final interview and It went very well! The interview was like the last and they only asked behavioral questions. The interviewer was very upbeat and told me that I would get a call within 3 to 4 days to let me know if I got the internship or not. I got a call the very next day and was offered the internship. After that I had to take a drug test, have a background check done, and made sure that I was able to work in the U.S. Overall, it was a great but nerve-wracking experience. The interviewers were very personable and friendly and really shows the vibe that Target is looking for in an employee.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had to give up something that you really wanted to do. What was the issue and outcome?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation on pay.

Executive Store Interview

Interview

Applied through school career fair. Got an on campus interview. Then a phone interview. The interviewer were all very nice and the interview was pretty easy. They didn't ask too many hard questions, and mostly the questions asked were behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you disagreed with a supervisor or boss and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Executive Store Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

I met the recruiter at the career fair and loved Target instantly! She seemed super friendly and interested in what I had to say. I had an interview set up and the STL who interviewed me was awful. She was not interested in what I had to say, did not ask me any questions, and not to mention slouched in her chair or bothered to stand up to shake my hand after the interview. I could not care less if I don't get asked back for a second round... This was the most awkward and unprofessional interview.

Executive Store Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Met with panel of 2 interviews. Mainly behavioral questions that followed STAR format. Followed up with an online assessment. The 2 people in the panel interview asked questions like "what does leadership mean to you" and "tell me about a time you worked on a team and failed"

Interview Questions

• The online assessment was more than I thought it would be, and I was not prepared.   Answer Question

Executive Store Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Had a phone call asking basic questions, then went to the district office for my official interview which consisted of two people asking you 3 situationally based questions.

Interview Questions

• Questions were not difficult. The only hard part was trying to think of the situation on the spot. It is hard to come prepared with a situation because you do not know what the situation is going to be.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Paid $17.50 which was a great summer internship wage