Target Executive Team Lead Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Target Executive Team Lead Interview Questions

3.5

35 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Target (New York, NY) in April 2012.

Interview

They are looking for specific type of person. Research throughly on the company and the how they conduct their interviews. Research behavior based questions. Do a strong emphasis on your task and the result of that task.

Interview Questions

• Give a time you failed at something. How did you correct it?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomsburg, PA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Bloomsburg, PA) in November 2011.

Interview

Target had a bin to put a resume in at a career fair I attended. Got a call a few weeks later for a brief phone interview and was asked to do an on campus interview. I got interviewed by two people who were very nice. Was asked similar behavior questions that appear on this website. Never heard back from them.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (Chicago, IL) in August 2011.

Interview

I received an email the day after I applied to set up a phone interview. After the phone interview, I was immediately passed onto the two face-to-face interviews during the next week and it was followed by another phone interview by the HR manager. The next day, I received an offer.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time where you had an uncooperative team member.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Target (Athens, GA) in July 2011.

Interview

Everything about the interview process was as described...after final the 4th interview I was offered a position at the Athens store...however after bein offered the position a decision was made by target to go in a different direction...this did not bother as much as the way the news was delivered to me...I received an automated email at 5 in the morning to inform me of the decision...the decision to email me this news after bein offered the position in person to me felt like a slap in the face...other than that I have no problems with the company very professional up until the last interaction

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were challenged to go above an beyond what was asked of you at your previous place of employment.   1 Answer
    • Walk me through a task from beginning to end in which you took the initiative to the lead the operation   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Target (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

Was recruited on campus at a job fair. After talking to a recruiter, I was offered an on-campus interview. There I did a first interview with a store manager who passed me on to "Talent Tuesday." I was then sent to the group office in Pasadena to interview with about 30 people. It was an incredibly long day, each interview took about 30 minutes. I met with another store manager, district manager and the group vice president and human resources manager. The first two were 1:1 but the last was with a group of 5 other people.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to challenge upward management.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buena Park, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (Buena Park, CA) in May 2010.

Interview

I have not yet gone to second interview but first interview was by phone and then I was scheduled for a 1:1 interview two days later and then called the next day to do a third interview the day after that... I was told that it was a three step interview process and that there would be two more interviews. So four interviews total? Or maybe the last one is just when they hire you...? The first interview was based all on questions involving experiences that I have had in both work and school. Be concise and take the time to think through your answers.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were assigned a project and had to see it through to the end...   Answer Question
    • What are some areas that you could improve?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Target (Des Moines, IA) in March 2010.

Interview

My first interview was with a college recruiter. It was initially a group interview, but the other person did not show up. The first interview went well. The recruiter was in his mid twenties, very friendly and casual. He asked questions regarding my leadership abilities and other situational questions. I felt that interview went fairly well.
    I got a call a week later from him saying that they wanted me to come in for a second interview at Target's regional headquarters (ie a little building behind one of the stores). That interview was scheduled for a month later. I went in to the interview and had to wait about 10 minutes for the regional manager to begin the interview. She asked very similar situational questions, but all were about negative experiences. I could tell that she was losing interest in the interview because I would answer one of her questions that she had pre-written, and she would ask me a very similar question after I answered the previous one. She was overall very friendly, but I could tell that I was not what she was looking for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target (Savannah, GA) in July 2009.

Interview

First you apply online at the Target website. If you find a job that you are qualified for and your application makes it past "the machine". Then someone contacts you and sets up a really quick impersonal phone interview where they only check to see if you meet the minimum requirements. This phone interview takes maybe 5 -10 minutes. Then they send you online job assessment that asks you the standard personalty questions that everyone already knows. Next they give you the aptitude part which is timed internally. This part is word problem and math heavy so know your stuff. It is very similar to the LSAT. If you pass that, someone will contact you, probably a recruiter and then the phone interview process begins, or it may be in person. You will interview with the recruiter, then an ETL, 3 store managers, then the district manager, and then probably the district again with the HR head. Make it here and you will be given an offer. Be ready to answer questions like "Tell me of a time you had to deliver bad news to your boss" And also make your answer like this= what happened, how you overcame the problem, and what was the result. Another Q "Describe a situation where you disagreed with someone on a project and what the result was". "What brought you to Target as opposed to other organizations."

After working in the distribution industry for 7 years, I felt it was time for growth in another direction. Given my skill set and work ethic (which is phenomenal) I decided to not accept a distribution position from Target, a position which they were not willing to budge on. Also, my many many many many high level contacts within Target explain how the company is too focused on profits and expansion rather than retention and solidifying company infrastructure.

Executive Team Lead Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target in July 2009.

Interview

The interview is broken into 2 halves. Store managers are the interviewers. The first half is with two people in a small, dimly lit room. The goal is to intimidate, perhaps, to see how people handle stress in a confined space. The second is with two other people in a larger room that is brightly lit and more relaxed. It was at the end of the month and they have pizza parties so they kept me waiting almost 30 minutes while they parted in another room. Any nervousness I might have had was gone by the time they were ready. That means any excitement too, so I came across as calm/relaxed. With Target, you have to smile non-stop..fast fun friendly. You have to score 50 points on each interview. Beware, because if they think you don't smile enough, this will count against your total points. If you make it past this stage, you will interview with the DM.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had to overcome adversity and what was the outcome.   Answer Question
    • Do you have any questions?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Target (Phoenix, AZ) in January 2009.

Interview

1st interview: was one on one more like a get-to-know-you

2nd interview: was one on one with many behavioral based questions

3rd interview: was with 2 people and were also a set of behavioral based questions

Completed a leadership assessment quiz

Completed a drug test within 24 hours of the offer

Interview Questions

• I honestly can't remember any specific questions, it was 6 months ago.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did try to negotiate the salary, but they said that they had already started me higher than most new ETL's.