Target Executive Team Leader Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

Target Executive Team Leader Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

Updated Jan 29, 2017

3.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Chicago, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview process was great. Although I was not hired, it was definitely a beneficial experience. I was chosen for an interview from a career fair I went to my University told us about. I went through all three interviews and the questions they asked were very thorough, I had to give many examples of specific scenarios that showcased my critical thinking skills, problem solving skills, etc.The last one was very vague although, I could tell I wasn't ready for a position of this magnitude but they still continued the process all the way until the third round. It would have been nice to only make it to the second round than go through a third out of pity, but I think they did it to honor my recruiters referral (I've seen many reviews on here where this happened to them too). All in all, I enjoyed my interview and still have respect for the company and their managers!

Interview Questions

• Describe a scenario where you had to make a quick decision not everyone was well pleased with. What was the outcome of the situation and was it best for the group?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Anonymous Employee in Algonquin, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Target (Algonquin, IL).

Interview

5 interviews. 2 on phone 3 in person. All three in person were on the same day with 3 different people. There were a group of us that were all being interviewed.

Interview Questions

• What are you wins and opps?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Target (Chicago, IL) in September 2015.

Interview

I went directly to their website and applied to ETL positions around the country that I was familiar with. I had a total of four interviews, beginning with a normal recruiter, then with a store team leader, HR manager and finally an area HR manager who was very friendly. Lots of emphasis on behavioral/situational questions, I would highly recommend you research some common questions and come up with some answers. But don't sound scripted, rehearse so that your answers sound natural.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Chicago, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

Same as you seen on here, phone screen, tell me about yourself, why target, and 4 behavioral questions. PRACTICE! and ask questions! Ask about the position, and engage with the recruiter. My first interview was 7 mins and second one was 22 mins. It was two recruiters which was weird. The online assessment was HORRIBLE!! I guessed almost on everything and it was time consuming!

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had a disagreement with your supervisor but kept it professional?
      Tell me a time when you made a mistake with an impact?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

I had three interviews: two phone interviews and an in-person interview. They ended up calling me to cancel the in-person interview and switch it to another phone interview because the person couldn't be in the office that day; so they never saw me in person which I thought was strange and could have been attributed to me not getting an offer.

After the first interview, they sent me an online quiz to take and that determined whether they would call you for the second and third interview. I must have passed because I received a second and third interview.

Each interview comprised of four behavioral questions. In the beginning, they would ask to tell them more about yourself; and then they would go in to the behav. questions. They all start with: "Describe a time when..." After those four questions, that was the end of the interview.

It was an extremely long process. It took them a few days since I submitted my application online for them to schedule the interview. The first interview was scheduled very quickly, but then I had to wait a week to schedule the second and third at the same time.They were going to be "out of the office" for a full week so I had about a two week waiting period until the second and the third interviews happened. Then I waited a full week for them to tell me I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to change your day-to-day activities to meet a long term goal   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

It was really fast, at least how I went through it. It's based on three interviews with four questions each. All situational or behavior-based. The further down the interview process, the more difficult the people you interview with. Interviews are capped at a 30 minute maximum.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Target (Chicago, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

2 phone interviews, 1 in person. All are situational questions. The recruiter did give time to prepare for questions and gave examples. Hire from college students to experienced leaders. The interview process if laid-back.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you made a mistake?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Target (Chicago, IL) in December 2014.

Interview

2 phone interviews, then 2 face to face interviews. First you get screened by HR over the phone, then you get another phone interview by a store manager, then you get a face to face with the district manager, then you get a face to face with the group vice president

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions, Tell me about yourself, Why do you want to work for Target, Tell me about a time you have to work with someone you disagreed with, Tell me about a time you had to work with someone you disagreed with, Tell me about a time you exceeded someones expectations.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Chicago, IL) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied online. I received an emai a week later asking me to schedule a phone interview. I scheduled a phone interview with a recruiter which last for 20 minutes. The recruiter sent me an online assessment to complete after the interview. The online assessment was a bit difficult. I received a call the following day to have a face-to-face interview and another phone interview. The face-to-face interview went well. All three interview questions were behavoria..name a time when..?

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (Chicago, IL) in May 2014.

Interview

1 phone interview followed by 2 in person interviews. Questions were all situation based- focused on leadership and your ability to lead a team. The answers should include the situation, the steps in between followed by the outcome and what you learned from it.

Interview Questions

• "Describe a time you had to provide challenging feedback to a leader about their style of leadership"   Answer Question