Target Executive Team Leader Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,084 Interview Reviews

3.3

1,084 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all Interviews

Executive Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target in May 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter through email. I would definitely advise anyone to get a recruiters email (go on to linkedin to find a recruiter) , if you are serious about working for this company. Contacting a recruiter seems to be the best way to actually getting an interview. Once I was contacted, we set up an interview time. So the first interview was over the phone. If you prepare, you will be fine. Make sure you also prepare yourself for the easy questions like "Tell me about yourself and Why do you want to work for Target". On top of those questions, the interviewer asked about 5 questions dealing with a specific event (i.e. Tell me about a time....). After the first interview, I was contacted that same day to schedule an in person interview with 3 different managers (district manager, store manager, and human resource business partner). My second interview was scheduled within a couple of days. It was the same style as the first interview. They may ask you the same questions. Don't be afraid to repeat your same answer. After the interview, I was told that if they wanted to pursue to the next step I would be contacted. Sure enough I was contacted a few days later to schedule my final interview with the big boss (market leader). My third interview was conducted over the phone and once again its the same style. I was contacted the next day and offered the position. I told God when he blessed me with this position that I would try to help people get to where I'm going. So my advice would be to prepare as much as possible with the interview questions that is provided on this website, research on Target, ask yourself what are your strengths/weaknesses, who are you as an individual (they really want to get to know who you are), relax, pray, and be yourself. A lot of people may say they are going to work you, well all jobs will work you but target will compensate you very well. Good luck and I hope this post helps you. It is an intense interview process but its quick. Process took a little over a week........ The interviewers are really really nice. Don't be afraid to ask questions if you don't understand something.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (Milwaukee, WI) in February 2017.

Interview

Phone interview lasted about 15 minutes, spoke with a recruiter about a position as an executive team leader at a Target in Milwaukee. She only asked a couple questions about myself and then we mostly talked about the position. The interview went okay but afterwards I wasn’t completely satisfied with the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target (Charleston, SC) in February 2017.

Interview

Very informative concerning the expected job requirements, the possible job locations, all of the possible positions within the store and the region, and the understanding that some positions require re-location.

Executive Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Fairly rigorous interview process. Extremely structured to the STAR method interview style. Packets are used by managers to ask pre-written questions by HQ. I met with a store manager, district manager, and human resources business partner. Manager will typically ask you about your previous experience and to tell them about yourself before diving in to the interview guides.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you disagreed with a supervisor or peer and how did you address this with them?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

It was long and had behavior questions and you have to smile make eye contact be engaging ask them questions they want to hear words like Vibe with guest very guest and team oriented mentality

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when.... are there questions tell them the problem explain how you handled it and the result   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Target (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

Lengthy interview process of meeting with several different individuals. Final interview was with Corporate level HR who did not pay attention to answers given and was on the phone texting during the interview.

Interview Questions

• How far are you willing to travel day-to-day?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Macomb, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Macomb, MI) in January 2017.

Interview

I initially came in contact with a recruiter during a Target presentation in one of my lectures. I applied and interviewed for (MI, OH, IN) region with Target over the holiday, in total the process took 3 weeks but would have been shorter if Christmas and New Years didn't fall in between the interview dates. The interview process was split into four parts: three interviews and one online assessment. The first and second interview took place over the phone and the the third interview was with the district manager of the district I would be assigned to. All three interviews utilize STAR/Behavior type questions that are prepared by HQ. One piece of advice I can give is, speak to results. You really want to describe the situation and be as specific as you possibly can, if not they will ask a follow question to try and get you to go deeper. It also helps to gather common STAR based questions and come up with a few scenarios prior to the interview, so when you finally get to your interview you can adapt and think quickly.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you received new information that changed a decision you had already made?   Answer Question

Executive Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Target in January 2017.

Interview

I heard that I had been selected for an interview about two and a half weeks after applying -- my first interview was with a lady from HR headquarters. I was advanced to the next round with a district and store team lead at the end of that first interview. About a week later, I had a FaceTime interview with the district team leader and then the next day an over-the-phone interview with a store team leader. 4 days later I heard back that I had been selected.
    I don't want to be too overdone about this, but I really don't think you could ask more from an interview process -- the HR person that I got to work with was incredibly kind and helpful as a resource during the process. The district team leader that I spoke with was personable and friendly and so was the store team leader. As an additional plus, as you can see from the above description, the process moved very quickly. One other component -- right before my last two interviews, there's an assessment you have to take. You'll only have 48 hours to complete it from the time they email you -- they say an hour, but it's more like 90 minutes I would say (parts are timed, but parts are not so that's why it can get a little longer if you take a while to think). In general, I'm really appreciative for the people i got to interview with and the process in general -- it was much better in almost every regard than any other position for which I interviewed.

Interview Questions

• I can give you the specific questions they gave me, but I know another person who was interviewing at the same time and they obviously vary questions -- however, if you know all the questions on Glassdoor here -- you'll be totally good. I prepared for all of them and it was really useful -- of the 15 "tell me about a time when" questions I fielded over the three interviews, none of them surprised me. So, if you're really serious about this position, make the time and practice your responses or at least have an example ready to go for each question that folks have listed in their reviews. I'll mention a few below, but they're repeats from others that are on here --
      -Tell me about a time you had to give something up due to a work commitment.
      -Tell me about a time you coached someone at work.
      -Tell me about a time you collaborated with others when making a decision that would affect team members (at work) -- I can't remember the exact phrasing.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (New York, NY).

Interview

The recruiter was incredibly nice and the interview was very conversational! They want you to have your preferred location nailed down before the start of the interview. Also, be sure to review the STAR method.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were given conflicting information and how you handled that   2 Answers

Executive Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

The interview for entry level management consists of 3 interviews. The first two are with Store Managers from the district to which you would be in. The third is with the district manager. All of the questions are "tell me about a time" questions geared around specific situations in which you showed leadership in a work or other professional environment.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time your understanding of a long term goal changed your day to day activities at work or a similar setting.   Answer Question

Negotiation

An offer was made that was already pretty great. I went in knowing what was going to be offered so I accepted it right away.