Target Executive Team Leader Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,109 Interview Reviews

3.3

1,109 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Executive Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target in May 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter through email. I would definitely advise anyone to get a recruiters email (go on to linkedin to find a recruiter) , if you are serious about working for this company. Contacting a recruiter seems to be the best way to actually getting an interview. Once I was contacted, we set up an interview time. So the first interview was over the phone. If you prepare, you will be fine. Make sure you also prepare yourself for the easy questions like "Tell me about yourself and Why do you want to work for Target". On top of those questions, the interviewer asked about 5 questions dealing with a specific event (i.e. Tell me about a time....). After the first interview, I was contacted that same day to schedule an in person interview with 3 different managers (district manager, store manager, and human resource business partner). My second interview was scheduled within a couple of days. It was the same style as the first interview. They may ask you the same questions. Don't be afraid to repeat your same answer. After the interview, I was told that if they wanted to pursue to the next step I would be contacted. Sure enough I was contacted a few days later to schedule my final interview with the big boss (market leader). My third interview was conducted over the phone and once again its the same style. I was contacted the next day and offered the position. I told God when he blessed me with this position that I would try to help people get to where I'm going. So my advice would be to prepare as much as possible with the interview questions that is provided on this website, research on Target, ask yourself what are your strengths/weaknesses, who are you as an individual (they really want to get to know who you are), relax, pray, and be yourself. A lot of people may say they are going to work you, well all jobs will work you but target will compensate you very well. Good luck and I hope this post helps you. It is an intense interview process but its quick. Process took a little over a week........ The interviewers are really really nice. Don't be afraid to ask questions if you don't understand something.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Target (Houston, TX).

Interview

The first interview at school job fair, and consisted of about 5 questions. I was called back to interview at district office in front of 4 other district leaders about a week later and was asked about 4-6 more questions, each asking me to describe a situation I'd been in and what I did to "fix" it. After the interview, I was contacted by the store I would be going to with a job offer, as well as a quick sit-down with the STL. At that store I did the formal application on a computer and was set up with the drug test information and orientation date.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you worked with someone you disagreed with and how you made the situation better?   Answer Question

Executive Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

You will go through a series of interviews that will all question you using the phrase "Tell me about a time." I went through five interviews with a various amount of people from store level to district level management. I enjoyed them all and I think we all had great conversations.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you and a peer had conflicting views and how you went about resolving them.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Once I was put in contact with the Senior Recruiter for my region, I was able to apply for the position through Target's career website. Soon afterwards, they conducted an initial phone interview, and a few weeks later, we scheduled a formal interview with the Store Team Leader and the District Team Leader.

Interview Questions

• The interview consistent mostly of behavioral based questions, with an emphasis on my experience as a leader.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Target (Honolulu, HI) in July 2017.

Interview

Phone interviews by field HR then was set up and interviewed with the new store manager . Both interviews went well as I knew about the STAR method and prepared. The new store manager told me that the next step would be an interview with the district or HR manager the following week.
    I received the generic Target email
    "Thank you for your interest in the position. We appreciate the time you took to apply for the position. After careful review, you have not been selected for further consideration for this role.
    We realize that candidates often request feedback, however, Target policy does not allow us to provide external candidates with specific feedback regarding their interviews.
    We wish you success in your career search and encourage you to visittarget.com/careers in the future to look for additional career opportunities.

Target needs management badly in the stores here and yet I wasn't selected with 24+ years of retail management experience.

Interview Questions

• Typical STAR behavioral
      tell me about a time you received feedback you weren't expecting and what was the situation   Answer Question

Executive Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Usually 3 stages: store leaders, district leaders, group leaders, HR leaders will conduct interviews for ETLs. You need to pass each interview to move onto the next group.

Questions are very situational based; they want to look at your past experience and see how you handle certain situations and what you learned from them. Can be very thought provoking and hard to come up with high scope answers, but they are looking for the situation description, the behaviours or steps you took, and what the outcome was. The outcome should include what you learned from the situation. Add in if you were able to apply to future things.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you challenged your manager. What was the situation and outcome?   1 Answer

Executive Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

There are about 5 different interviews. I did 4 on the phone and 1 via Skype. You also have to take a skills based questions in which it asks you complicated situations and you have to solve them.

Interview Questions

• They are all situational based questions. Tell me about a time you...   Answer Question

Executive Team Leader Interview

Interview

Pleasant interviewers most of the time, covering the basic behavioral questions and "tell me about a time" however a lengthy interview process with multiple individual and group interviews. Well worth the interview process once offered a position.

Executive Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Got an email from HR to set up an interview. Phone interview with HR. Was asked several questions about my experience and background. A day later I was told the results.

Executive Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Met with recruiters the first time at my university's career fair (be very friendly, attentive and outgoing, they decide who they're going to interview from the campus based off of how you communicate with them). First interview was on campus with two ETL's. Second round of interviews was a Face-time call then phone call with two different people, but this round can be in person if you are close enough to the district they want you to be in. Be very prepared for STAR questions, all three interviews will be made up of those. It was very helpful to have scenarios ready with a beginning, middle, and end. If you do not give them the outcome in your answer, they will ask for it. Be as prepared as you can be but no matter what go into the interview with a positive attitude and mindset!

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you asked many questions and came up with a different answer than you had originally thought   Answer Question
    • Describe your leadership in one word   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you had to give negative feedback   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you received negative feedback   Answer Question