Target Executive Team Leader Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Target

1,245 Interview Reviews

3.3

Executive Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

5 interviews total - 1 with recruiter, 2 with Store Team Leaders, 1 with HR Business Partner, 1 with HR Director and Group Vice President

I was hired for the position and had a six week onboarding and training at different store locations prior to being placed in my store.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Executive Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

The interviewer was not very inviting. The questions were incredibly long-winded and complicated. Much of the questions regarded very specific, detailed scenarios. They were difficult to follow and answer effectively.

Interview Questions

• What is your five year plan? (This one's a good one, and also very common, so always be prepared for it!)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Target (New York, NY) in May 2020.

Interview

Everyone throughout the process was very friendly. Five interviews in total. Due to pandemic, they were all virtual, the first two were with the same college recruiter. She was very helpful in giving preparatory advice for the rest of the process. The third round was with an STL, who was very straightforward and gave realistic expectations of the job. Lastly, I interviewed with an HR business partner and the District store leader. They made the interview very friendly, but also also were very clear in what they were looking for in terms of professionalism and the type of candidate they were looking for. Most questions were situational, unlike a lot of other interviews, this is the thing you should prepare for most. Along with the basic, strengths, weaknesses, etc

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (New York, NY) in March 2020.

Interview

Referred by a current store director. Great phone interview with the recruiter. Set up for an interview with a different store director quickly. Clearly gave me a courtesy interview of 3 questions, but she told me I’d hear from the DM that week.
    Next morning I received a rejection email from the recruiter. I appreciated the opportunity to interview, but the mixed messages did not leave a good impression with someone whose entire family are dedicated customers.

Interview Questions

• How have you handled an employee that wasn’t performing to standards?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Baltimore, MD) in March 2020.

Interview

not too hard asked a lot of situational based questions. More conversational based than an interview. Every interviewer was very friendly. Easy process they made sure to keep me updated and the process wasn't too long.

Interview Questions

• tell me a time when you received criticism and how did you respond?   Answer Question

Executive Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Target in March 2020.

Interview

This was for the college process. It started out normal with a recruiter from corporate calling to screen me for the interview with a store director.

I have never had a more unprofessional interview. The Store Director spent the majority of his time talking about his life, his experience at the school I go to. Any time I tried to create a conversation, he'd interrupt or change the topic. The questions were good and did inspire some thought, but there was no nuance to the conversation.

He continually asked me about people I knew who previously or currently worked for Target - these were people I have not worked with professionally in over five years, and even then my interaction was limited because we didn't work in the same department.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arden, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Target (Arden, NC) in March 2020.

Interview

I was interviewed over the phone with the recruiter for an hour, who was pleased and advanced me through to the second interview.
    I waited for the HR team to schedule the second interview for around 5 days. I reached out to the recruiter for an update (since she stated she would be with me through the whole process).
    While waiting for the store director to come greet me for the second interview the guest services employee began asking me probing questions about why I was there and what position was I interviewing for. I found this very odd and inappropriate.
    I was interviewed by two store directors at the second interview. One store director was on the phone (awkward). The second store director seemed inexperienced and uninterested. The interview felt rushed and there was supposed to be a tour, of which the store director rushed through the back room as if she had to.
    At the end of the interview the store director told me she would contact me then next day with the “next steps”. I never heard back from her. In fact, a full 8 days goes by with no response from anyone. I reach out to the recruiter again and never get a response back from her. The following morning at 5 am I received generic rejection emails.
    Later I find out the recruiter told one of my former colleagues that I didn’t interview well. This was highly unprofessional of her! This experience has left me, who was a devoted shopper, disgusted with the company.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle the daily freight flow process if there was an increased amount of freight?   Answer Question
    • Why would you want to work for Target?   Answer Question
    • What would do if you and your peer did not agree?   Answer Question
    • What is your opinion of areas that are opportunistic from walking the store?   Answer Question

Executive Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

3 behavioral based interviews after a phone screening with the recruiter-be sure to give specific examples. The interviews were in store. I wore business professional and I was over dressed

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you challenged your supervisor with a differing opinion   Answer Question

Executive Team Leader Interview

Interview

Had a phone interview. The recruiter forgot about our scheduled phone interview so I emailed and immediately they got back to me. Staying on top of their mistakes and taking the initiative to reach out really stood out to them.

Executive Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Target in October 2019.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter via LinkedIn. We had a quick chat over the phone just getting to know me and my professional background. The recruiter then told me a bit about the company and about the role of an ETL.

I had a formal interview with a store director lasted about two hours. Asked me situational based questions. Answer all situation questions with a story. That will be key. They are looking for leaders who can handle guest or team situations. The store director told me at the end of the interview that I would be moving to the final round of interviews.

My last interview was with the district manager and the Human Resources business partner. They asked about my professional background and still asked more situational based questions. At the end of the interview they say the move pretty quickly and would call me by the end of that day.

That called me in a few hours to offer me the position.