Target Executive Team Leader Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,132 Interview Reviews

3.3

1,132 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Executive Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target in May 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter through email. I would definitely advise anyone to get a recruiters email (go on to linkedin to find a recruiter) , if you are serious about working for this company. Contacting a recruiter seems to be the best way to actually getting an interview. Once I was contacted, we set up an interview time. So the first interview was over the phone. If you prepare, you will be fine. Make sure you also prepare yourself for the easy questions like "Tell me about yourself and Why do you want to work for Target". On top of those questions, the interviewer asked about 5 questions dealing with a specific event (i.e. Tell me about a time....). After the first interview, I was contacted that same day to schedule an in person interview with 3 different managers (district manager, store manager, and human resource business partner). My second interview was scheduled within a couple of days. It was the same style as the first interview. They may ask you the same questions. Don't be afraid to repeat your same answer. After the interview, I was told that if they wanted to pursue to the next step I would be contacted. Sure enough I was contacted a few days later to schedule my final interview with the big boss (market leader). My third interview was conducted over the phone and once again its the same style. I was contacted the next day and offered the position. I told God when he blessed me with this position that I would try to help people get to where I'm going. So my advice would be to prepare as much as possible with the interview questions that is provided on this website, research on Target, ask yourself what are your strengths/weaknesses, who are you as an individual (they really want to get to know who you are), relax, pray, and be yourself. A lot of people may say they are going to work you, well all jobs will work you but target will compensate you very well. Good luck and I hope this post helps you. It is an intense interview process but its quick. Process took a little over a week........ The interviewers are really really nice. Don't be afraid to ask questions if you don't understand something.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Executive Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

After submitting online application:
    - Phone screening, takes around 30 minutes
    - Interview with a Store Team Leader (STL) in a nearby store
    -Interview with District Team Leader (DTL) in company office

Interviews use STAR method. Good to know your strengths AND weaknesses. Target loves to ask about areas of weakness, or in Target terms, "areas of opportunity"

Executive Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

1. Casual over the phone interview with college recruiter
    2. Formal over the phone interview with college recruiter
    3. In person interview with District team leader

The interview was not bad. I heard feedback very quickly after each one.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Target (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

First interviewed with recruiter on campus, then interviewed with a district director. The interviews weren't that hard. Mainly talking about yourself, what you can do for Target, and why Target. After that, district director asked me to go to one of the Targets in the area to speak with the manager.

The manager showed me around, explaining this internship to me, and we had an informal interview. Afterwards, he told me to email him and arrange a time to have a formal interview so we can proceed to the next step. I emailed him but he never emailed me back.

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Target (Madison, WI).

Interview

Interviews are all behavioral based questions, starting with "tell me about yourself", and are all related to their core competencies. The interviews are very formal, and they're looking for specific answers to all question not generalizations.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Target (Memphis, TN) in October 2017.

Interview

Star model This is the model that Target likes to use. Behavioral questions you need to use past skill sets in job to be able to apply those skills to the question being asked. Why Target? Why should we hire you? Have you ever had a conflict with your boss?

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Raleigh, NC) in October 2017.

Interview

Interview was full of personality questions, hobbies, my resume, how to company works, the day to day and how you can grow. Also talked about how my experiences had shaped me into the professional I am. Very professional interview. Allowed for real dialogue and experiences. Discussed how my experiences would lead into working for the company.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you reached a solution different from one you expected and how it changed you.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

3 interviews. Process took about 1 week. Initial interview with a recruiter over the phone followed by a face to face meeting with HRBP and final interview with district manager. Communication around next steps done via email within 24 hours of each interview. Received job offer via phone call.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you developed a professional relationship despite having a difference of opinion.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you challenged a peer on the way they managed a process.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you solicited feedback from a group about a process that directly impacted them before you implemented the process.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you received critical Feedback about your performance.   Answer Question

Executive Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target in October 2017.

Interview

Brief, friendly, straight forward, comfortable. The interview was about 15 minutes and was designed to introduce you to the recruiter and talk about your skills and how they fit the role. Nothing tricky, really straight forward and up front.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisonburg, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target (Harrisonburg, VA) in October 2017.

Interview

One of the interviewers kept coming in and out, it was a bit distracting. Structured interview questions, two rounds back to back both with two interviewers at a time. Filled out an employment questionnaire in between interviews.