Target Executive Team Leader Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,142 Interview Reviews

3.3

1,142 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Executive Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target in May 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter through email. I would definitely advise anyone to get a recruiters email (go on to linkedin to find a recruiter) , if you are serious about working for this company. Contacting a recruiter seems to be the best way to actually getting an interview. Once I was contacted, we set up an interview time. So the first interview was over the phone. If you prepare, you will be fine. Make sure you also prepare yourself for the easy questions like "Tell me about yourself and Why do you want to work for Target". On top of those questions, the interviewer asked about 5 questions dealing with a specific event (i.e. Tell me about a time....). After the first interview, I was contacted that same day to schedule an in person interview with 3 different managers (district manager, store manager, and human resource business partner). My second interview was scheduled within a couple of days. It was the same style as the first interview. They may ask you the same questions. Don't be afraid to repeat your same answer. After the interview, I was told that if they wanted to pursue to the next step I would be contacted. Sure enough I was contacted a few days later to schedule my final interview with the big boss (market leader). My third interview was conducted over the phone and once again its the same style. I was contacted the next day and offered the position. I told God when he blessed me with this position that I would try to help people get to where I'm going. So my advice would be to prepare as much as possible with the interview questions that is provided on this website, research on Target, ask yourself what are your strengths/weaknesses, who are you as an individual (they really want to get to know who you are), relax, pray, and be yourself. A lot of people may say they are going to work you, well all jobs will work you but target will compensate you very well. Good luck and I hope this post helps you. It is an intense interview process but its quick. Process took a little over a week........ The interviewers are really really nice. Don't be afraid to ask questions if you don't understand something.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Executive Team Leader Interview

Interview

STAR style interviews at each phase.
    1st -Informal discussion with recruiter, discussing your interest in role/company, salary expectations, and a few “tell me about a time when...” questions.
    2nd- formal discussion with behavior questions with recruiter
    3rd- formal discussion with Store Leader and HRBP with behavior questions
    4th- conversational interview with Group VP (as market is in transition with district leadership)

Every interviewer was extremely pleasant and each took time to walk you through their Target journey

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you collaborated with a peer

Tell me about a time you received feedback

Tell me about a time you changed the status quo

Tell me about a time where you have outstanding customer service   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2018.

Interview

I was contacted via email by a recruiter who had pulled my resume from an employment site. We scheduled a phone interview, where she asked a few behavioral based questions. One day later, I was scheduled for an in-person interview with a Store Leader, who asked more behavioral based questions. One day later, the recruiter reached out and to schedule a final interview with the District & HR managers. After the interview, I received a phone call before I could get home that I was offered the position!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to form a professional relationship with a peer you didn’t agree with.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you recognized a process that wasn’t working and what did you do to change it?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to choose between two important tasks/projects you had to complete.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Referral from STL

STAR format
    Prescreen on phone
    In person with DTL
    Received offer
    Interviewed with Regional leadership as a follow-up

Began training - 6 weeks of job shadowing

Regional manager visited training store the first day!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to give feedback to a peer and it didn't go well.   Answer Question

Executive Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

After submitting online application:
    - Phone screening, takes around 30 minutes
    - Interview with a Store Team Leader (STL) in a nearby store
    -Interview with District Team Leader (DTL) in company office

Interviews use STAR method. Good to know your strengths AND weaknesses. Target loves to ask about areas of weakness, or in Target terms, "areas of opportunity"

Interview Questions

• What are some of your areas of opportunity?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Mission Viejo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Target (Mission Viejo, CA) in December 2017.

Interview

First a recruiter reached out to me on LinkedIn, first you have to pass a phone interview with a recruiter, my advice be very warm and inviting all questions she will ask will be over background professional and personal and job experience with behavior based questions, the recruiter will let you know if you move on too the next round, if the recruiter doesn’t then most likely you was not selected, second round interview will be with a Store Team Leader or STL in the district you apply for, this interview most likely will be done in person so make sure you dress the part, once again approach the interview with as much warmth and passion possible, the STL will ask a bunch of behavioral based questions be very specific as they are looking for select answers. In my interview the STL told me immediately that I would go on to the next round but I have been told that is not common, if you left a good impression on the recruiter you can email or call them and they can give you an exact answer, the third and final interview will be with the DTL which is a District Team Leader the interview here will be a rinse and repeat of the last interview usually if you make it to this step they want you and you would have to bomb the interview not to get the job. Usually offer comes 24-48hrs later

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you had to change a process up that was not working   Answer Question
    • Tell us a time you had to cancel an commitment   Answer Question
    • Tell us a time you had to deal with a co worker who didn’t agree with your practices and or management style   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Target (San Antonio, TX) in December 2017.

Interview

Met corporate recruiter at job fair, a week later he contacted me and scheduled a phone interview, did that a week later, and then he set up an in-person interview with a store manager (not for the store I was applying to).

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to give negative feedback.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you were given feedback and how you responded.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you collaborated with a peer.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a goal you set and achieved.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you kept getting the answer 'no,' but you persisted until you got a 'yes' and solved a problem.   Answer Question
    • What's a weakness you have?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Minneapolis, MN) in December 2017.

Interview

Phone interview was long and standard in questions. Odd pauses and forced conversations. I was not told about the exact location until the interview ended. This led to me declining the offer after the hour long phone interview.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths/weaknesses?
      Why are you applying to this position?   Answer Question

Executive Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

1. Casual over the phone interview with college recruiter
    2. Formal over the phone interview with college recruiter
    3. In person interview with District team leader

The interview was not bad. I heard feedback very quickly after each one.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Target (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

First interviewed with recruiter on campus, then interviewed with a district director. The interviews weren't that hard. Mainly talking about yourself, what you can do for Target, and why Target. After that, district director asked me to go to one of the Targets in the area to speak with the manager.

The manager showed me around, explaining this internship to me, and we had an informal interview. Afterwards, he told me to email him and arrange a time to have a formal interview so we can proceed to the next step. I emailed him but he never emailed me back.