Target Executive Team Leader Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,090 Interview Reviews

3.3

1,090 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all Interviews

Executive Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target in May 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter through email. I would definitely advise anyone to get a recruiters email (go on to linkedin to find a recruiter) , if you are serious about working for this company. Contacting a recruiter seems to be the best way to actually getting an interview. Once I was contacted, we set up an interview time. So the first interview was over the phone. If you prepare, you will be fine. Make sure you also prepare yourself for the easy questions like "Tell me about yourself and Why do you want to work for Target". On top of those questions, the interviewer asked about 5 questions dealing with a specific event (i.e. Tell me about a time....). After the first interview, I was contacted that same day to schedule an in person interview with 3 different managers (district manager, store manager, and human resource business partner). My second interview was scheduled within a couple of days. It was the same style as the first interview. They may ask you the same questions. Don't be afraid to repeat your same answer. After the interview, I was told that if they wanted to pursue to the next step I would be contacted. Sure enough I was contacted a few days later to schedule my final interview with the big boss (market leader). My third interview was conducted over the phone and once again its the same style. I was contacted the next day and offered the position. I told God when he blessed me with this position that I would try to help people get to where I'm going. So my advice would be to prepare as much as possible with the interview questions that is provided on this website, research on Target, ask yourself what are your strengths/weaknesses, who are you as an individual (they really want to get to know who you are), relax, pray, and be yourself. A lot of people may say they are going to work you, well all jobs will work you but target will compensate you very well. Good luck and I hope this post helps you. It is an intense interview process but its quick. Process took a little over a week........ The interviewers are really really nice. Don't be afraid to ask questions if you don't understand something.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Target does a thorough job in interviewing leaders for stores. You are sent through a phone screen first, then to an in-person series of "round robin interviews" with groups of people with behavioral interview questions. The process takes about half a day if you do well and typically meet with one of the senior leaders if they are thinking of offering.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you made a mistake, and what did you learn?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

I met a recruiter at my college career fair and was scheduled for an interview the following week. During the interview, they asked fairly basic behavioral questions, as well as why I wanted to work for Target. The interview lasted around 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you gave exemplary customer service
      What is a time when you asked questions and subsequently changed your goals?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2017.

Interview

I visited Target's booth at the Minnesota Private School Internship / Job Fair in Minneapolis, basically as my option that was going to be a stretch to get. The lines were huge for them, so you only had about 5-10 minutes with a representative at their booth. They took a lot of resumes, only asked a small portion on the spot to sign up for an interview slot for the following day. I interviewed with a representative the next day, a lot of STAR format questions. They looked for process and results and if you took initiative in these situations, so a lot of varied leadership experience is required. The interview itself was so-so, you get hit with a lot of questions. I was e-mailed the following week about continuing the process, so I had a FaceTime interview with a store ETL, which turned out to be my last one. I was called two days later congratulating me and offering the position, which I took.

Whole thing was extremely professional, they've refined their process quite well from other people I've talked to. Their HR department is on top of it in terms of answering questions and responding to any concerns you have in a timely fashion.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time that you made a mistake and how you dealt with it.

Tell me a story that shows your leadership quality.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (Milwaukee, WI) in February 2017.

Interview

Phone interview lasted about 15 minutes, spoke with a recruiter about a position as an executive team leader at a Target in Milwaukee. She only asked a couple questions about myself and then we mostly talked about the position. The interview went okay but afterwards I wasn’t completely satisfied with the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target (Charleston, SC) in February 2017.

Interview

Very informative concerning the expected job requirements, the possible job locations, all of the possible positions within the store and the region, and the understanding that some positions require re-location.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coon Rapids, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Coon Rapids, MN) in February 2017.

Interview

Was asked to tell a little about myself followed by being asked 4 situational questions based on the STAR (situation, task, action, result)method of interviewing. This was followed by a few conversational questions regarding my resume and any relevant background info that might be useful for the job.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time when you've overcame a difficult situation using leadership   Answer Question

Executive Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Fairly rigorous interview process. Extremely structured to the STAR method interview style. Packets are used by managers to ask pre-written questions by HQ. I met with a store manager, district manager, and human resources business partner. Manager will typically ask you about your previous experience and to tell them about yourself before diving in to the interview guides.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you disagreed with a supervisor or peer and how did you address this with them?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

It was long and had behavior questions and you have to smile make eye contact be engaging ask them questions they want to hear words like Vibe with guest very guest and team oriented mentality

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when.... are there questions tell them the problem explain how you handled it and the result   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Target (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

Lengthy interview process of meeting with several different individuals. Final interview was with Corporate level HR who did not pay attention to answers given and was on the phone texting during the interview.

Interview Questions

• How far are you willing to travel day-to-day?   1 Answer