Target Executive Team Leader Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,120 Interview Reviews

3.3

1,120 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Executive Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target in May 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter through email. I would definitely advise anyone to get a recruiters email (go on to linkedin to find a recruiter) , if you are serious about working for this company. Contacting a recruiter seems to be the best way to actually getting an interview. Once I was contacted, we set up an interview time. So the first interview was over the phone. If you prepare, you will be fine. Make sure you also prepare yourself for the easy questions like "Tell me about yourself and Why do you want to work for Target". On top of those questions, the interviewer asked about 5 questions dealing with a specific event (i.e. Tell me about a time....). After the first interview, I was contacted that same day to schedule an in person interview with 3 different managers (district manager, store manager, and human resource business partner). My second interview was scheduled within a couple of days. It was the same style as the first interview. They may ask you the same questions. Don't be afraid to repeat your same answer. After the interview, I was told that if they wanted to pursue to the next step I would be contacted. Sure enough I was contacted a few days later to schedule my final interview with the big boss (market leader). My third interview was conducted over the phone and once again its the same style. I was contacted the next day and offered the position. I told God when he blessed me with this position that I would try to help people get to where I'm going. So my advice would be to prepare as much as possible with the interview questions that is provided on this website, research on Target, ask yourself what are your strengths/weaknesses, who are you as an individual (they really want to get to know who you are), relax, pray, and be yourself. A lot of people may say they are going to work you, well all jobs will work you but target will compensate you very well. Good luck and I hope this post helps you. It is an intense interview process but its quick. Process took a little over a week........ The interviewers are really really nice. Don't be afraid to ask questions if you don't understand something.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Target (Madison, WI).

Interview

Interviews are all behavioral based questions, starting with "tell me about yourself", and are all related to their core competencies. The interviews are very formal, and they're looking for specific answers to all question not generalizations.

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Raleigh, NC) in October 2017.

Interview

Interview was full of personality questions, hobbies, my resume, how to company works, the day to day and how you can grow. Also talked about how my experiences had shaped me into the professional I am. Very professional interview. Allowed for real dialogue and experiences. Discussed how my experiences would lead into working for the company.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you reached a solution different from one you expected and how it changed you.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Target (Memphis, TN) in October 2017.

Interview

Star model This is the model that Target likes to use. Behavioral questions you need to use past skill sets in job to be able to apply those skills to the question being asked. Why Target? Why should we hire you? Have you ever had a conflict with your boss?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tuscaloosa, AL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (Tuscaloosa, AL) in September 2017.

Interview

It was a generic STAR interview. Go over behavioral questions before hand, I would not wing this interview if I was you. The more prepared the better chances of landing this job.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Over the phone interviews are always odd, I prefer a interview face to face. But the lady was nice and it lasted about an hour . Interviews should always be done face to face, easy to tell who you are hiring

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied on the website. Got an email a couple days later asking me to pick a date and time for a phone interview. Had my phone interview with a recruiter the next day. She invited me interview with a store manager in the district a week from our phone interview. Received an email confirmation of the interview time and place plus other information on how to prepare for the interview. Got to the interview 30 minutes early. I was scheduled to interview at 9:30am. There was one person ahead of me and she didn’t get to interview until 9:10. She finished at 9:40 and the store manager came out to tell me she needed to make a phone call. She came to get me for my interview at 10:05. During our interview the district manager kept interrupting us and she took a phone call on her cell phone in the middle of the interview as well. A week later I reached out to the recruiter I spoke to before to follow up and I immediately received a generic email from Target saying I wasn’t selected for the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you challenged the way your peer did a certain task and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Target (Houston, TX).

Interview

The first interview at school job fair, and consisted of about 5 questions. I was called back to interview at district office in front of 4 other district leaders about a week later and was asked about 4-6 more questions, each asking me to describe a situation I'd been in and what I did to "fix" it. After the interview, I was contacted by the store I would be going to with a job offer, as well as a quick sit-down with the STL. At that store I did the formal application on a computer and was set up with the drug test information and orientation date.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you worked with someone you disagreed with and how you made the situation better?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Houston, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

An interview was set up through an online process and you select the date yourself. The recruiters have a huge pool selection so your actual interview time may be delayed. My interview was delayed by 15 minutes.

Executive Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

You will go through a series of interviews that will all question you using the phrase "Tell me about a time." I went through five interviews with a various amount of people from store level to district level management. I enjoyed them all and I think we all had great conversations.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you and a peer had conflicting views and how you went about resolving them.   Answer Question