Target Executive Team Leader Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,098 Interview Reviews

3.3

1,098 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all Interviews

Executive Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target in May 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter through email. I would definitely advise anyone to get a recruiters email (go on to linkedin to find a recruiter) , if you are serious about working for this company. Contacting a recruiter seems to be the best way to actually getting an interview. Once I was contacted, we set up an interview time. So the first interview was over the phone. If you prepare, you will be fine. Make sure you also prepare yourself for the easy questions like "Tell me about yourself and Why do you want to work for Target". On top of those questions, the interviewer asked about 5 questions dealing with a specific event (i.e. Tell me about a time....). After the first interview, I was contacted that same day to schedule an in person interview with 3 different managers (district manager, store manager, and human resource business partner). My second interview was scheduled within a couple of days. It was the same style as the first interview. They may ask you the same questions. Don't be afraid to repeat your same answer. After the interview, I was told that if they wanted to pursue to the next step I would be contacted. Sure enough I was contacted a few days later to schedule my final interview with the big boss (market leader). My third interview was conducted over the phone and once again its the same style. I was contacted the next day and offered the position. I told God when he blessed me with this position that I would try to help people get to where I'm going. So my advice would be to prepare as much as possible with the interview questions that is provided on this website, research on Target, ask yourself what are your strengths/weaknesses, who are you as an individual (they really want to get to know who you are), relax, pray, and be yourself. A lot of people may say they are going to work you, well all jobs will work you but target will compensate you very well. Good luck and I hope this post helps you. It is an intense interview process but its quick. Process took a little over a week........ The interviewers are really really nice. Don't be afraid to ask questions if you don't understand something.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Executive Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Usually 3 stages: store leaders, district leaders, group leaders, HR leaders will conduct interviews for ETLs. You need to pass each interview to move onto the next group.

Questions are very situational based; they want to look at your past experience and see how you handle certain situations and what you learned from them. Can be very thought provoking and hard to come up with high scope answers, but they are looking for the situation description, the behaviours or steps you took, and what the outcome was. The outcome should include what you learned from the situation. Add in if you were able to apply to future things.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you challenged your manager. What was the situation and outcome?   Answer Question

Executive Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Got an email from HR to set up an interview. Phone interview with HR. Was asked several questions about my experience and background. A day later I was told the results.

Executive Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Met with recruiters the first time at my university's career fair (be very friendly, attentive and outgoing, they decide who they're going to interview from the campus based off of how you communicate with them). First interview was on campus with two ETL's. Second round of interviews was a Face-time call then phone call with two different people, but this round can be in person if you are close enough to the district they want you to be in. Be very prepared for STAR questions, all three interviews will be made up of those. It was very helpful to have scenarios ready with a beginning, middle, and end. If you do not give them the outcome in your answer, they will ask for it. Be as prepared as you can be but no matter what go into the interview with a positive attitude and mindset!

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you asked many questions and came up with a different answer than you had originally thought   Answer Question
    • Describe your leadership in one word   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you had to give negative feedback   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you received negative feedback   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Target does a thorough job in interviewing leaders for stores. You are sent through a phone screen first, then to an in-person series of "round robin interviews" with groups of people with behavioral interview questions. The process takes about half a day if you do well and typically meet with one of the senior leaders if they are thinking of offering.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you made a mistake, and what did you learn?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

I met a recruiter at my college career fair and was scheduled for an interview the following week. During the interview, they asked fairly basic behavioral questions, as well as why I wanted to work for Target. The interview lasted around 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you gave exemplary customer service
      What is a time when you asked questions and subsequently changed your goals?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Philadelphia, PA) in March 2017.

Interview

The first step was meeting up with the ETL of the store accompanied by a HR. After two weeks, I got a call that I was forwarded to the next interview level with the District Team Leader which was the fina one.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question
    • Mention a situation when you had to handle two things at the same time and how did you do it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (San Antonio, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

Highly refered by current employee in which I worked closely with with former employer. felt that I would be a GREAT asset to company from personal experiance. Was currently relocating to market recruiter knew this and still scheduled a assessment test in which I had a VERY short time to complete. Then had a 30 year retail professional interview with a 3 year(retail person) Store Manager( who admetted in the interview that TARGET wasnt his FIRST choice for Employeement). Didnt really understand why this happened. But as you enter the stores and see the way the employees act thier is a reason that they are always hiring.

Interview Questions

• Explain time in which i had to deal with a bad customer experiance?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (Milwaukee, WI) in February 2017.

Interview

Phone interview lasted about 15 minutes, spoke with a recruiter about a position as an executive team leader at a Target in Milwaukee. She only asked a couple questions about myself and then we mostly talked about the position. The interview went okay but afterwards I wasn’t completely satisfied with the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target (Charleston, SC) in February 2017.

Interview

Very informative concerning the expected job requirements, the possible job locations, all of the possible positions within the store and the region, and the understanding that some positions require re-location.